6,050 Years in the Life of a Confused City-State

You are indeed in... next update :D

Spoiler :
We get a Great Spy :D

Hmm.... so what do you do with early Great Spies?

You'll see :D

This is Choxorn the Narrator, just reporting: The weather in Wellingham DC is currently rainy.

In military news: Sergeant fails to understand why there only seem to be two men in one supposedly massive army.

That's the scout unit :D

And those are just the commanders of that scout unit.

Even the scout unit should at least have about 100 people.

In other news: Atheist gets killed for not worshipping Sid.

100 people scouting in one place? :p

TBH I just want to try and avoid the Russian novel problem - where there are so many characters it's impossible to keep track of them.

Heh. Of course it's impossible to keep track of too many characters.

And oh, so as soon as we get a religion in our city, do we dump the RNG deity or incorporate him into the state religion?

Sid and SK will be in that religion. It'll be renamed for narration purposes - but considering who our immediate neighbours are, that looks like being in the distant future :D

I can't chose to build a wonder now - I played the first 200ish turns before starting this story :lol: - almost half the game!

But I've nearly exhausted my screenshots, and will have to play some more, so expect a proper appearance very soon. :D

RL has kicked hard, and I've not had much time. Tonight or tomorrow, NZ time, you can expect an update. :D

The last good thing before school reopens. Whew.

Update pending. Check back here soon.

800 BC. After a long period of inactivity, Olaf is back in his throneroom. There have been some design alterations.

Olaf: Welcome to the First Council of the City-State. I have gathered you all here today to discuss the state of our... for want of a better word, empire.
Civ'ed: Our culture expands rapidly, sire! veBear and myself have been working on a project: We call it 'the Pyramids'.
veBear: That's right.
Sparthage: Why do you call them that?
veBear: Because of their shape. They're pyramid-shaped. What, were you expecting something clever? We did consider changing the shape and calling them the Cubes, but modern art isn't very poular with the populace.

Olaf: Inohotep, Ilduce, how about you?
Ilduce: Our coffers are stagnating. We ought to consider initiating trade with other cities in the area.
Olaf: Granted. Ilduce, consider yourself Head of Finance and Trade. You clearly need a challenge to keep your head in your job, and your idea is brilliant.
Choxorn and NinjaCow, the Narrators: That's his excuse for putting Ilduce in more updates.
Olaf: Oy! Both of you, shuddup in there!
...Those pesky narrators.

Inohotep: Good news, sire. We have finished developing an alphabet! For some strange reason, we can only now begin to spy on our neighbours. And since you overlooked it, sire, I tentatively hired you an Espionage advisor. Remember Yoshiegg, the farmer you were talking to on the hill, when you were looking at the Great Wall? He had a good mind, and so I've given him the job.
Olaf: Excellent. Welcome to the Council, Yoshiegg.
Yoshiegg: Thank you, sire. I'll give my report later.
Hoplitejoe: Coincidentally, I was just about to tell you something. I had a vision from SouthernKing yesterday.
A great person is going to be born very soon. Odds are they'll be a spy. Yoshiegg, you may have your first assignment earlier than expected.

Olaf: Excellent news! Well... that would seem to be all. Meeting adjourned.
Choxorn: Told you he didn't like us.
NinjaCow: I never denied it. Hey, I think the pizza's here.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1790.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1790.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 418
  • Civ4ScreenShot1791.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1791.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 415
Top Bottom