600 AD - Domination

My first released scenario. This is for the base game only at this stage. Either download via civfanatics downloads database, or download via steam (the usual way).

The year is 600 AD. In the east, a giant sleeps, for while the Sui dynasty re-unites China for the first time in over a century it quickly disintegrates into revolution, giving rise to the glorious Tang Dynasty. In the middle east, Persia under the Sassanian empire wages endless war with the Byzantines, depleting both armies and allowing for the rise of the Arabs. In reality, the Arabs and the Chinese met at the battle of Talas in 751 AD (151 turns into the scenario), but now you have the chance to not only meet, but complete your conquest of the enemy !

Play notes
Arabia and China are probably the two most fun to play as, mostly their (different) technological advantages allow them to be the most aggressive. The Byzantines (Greece) and Persia both present much more of a challenge, while Tibet (Mongolia) is near impossible to win as.

Other
No mods required (multiplayer playable ?)
Science locked
Happiness off
Map - Adjusted Mongol DLC map
Silk road built and visible to all players (All land routes)
Only domination victory available

Screenshots

Link to civfanatics download
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20660

Hm. The scenario doesn't show up as playable when subscribed (even after restarting the game). :(

It loads for me. Crashed twice playing as Mongolia and China. I'll have another go as Greece.

Looks fantastic otherwise.

Hoping to have this out as a modded scenario for G+K, then to upgrade it for BNW (should only need to add trade route stuff). To give a rough overview (Suggestions welcome, but I can't do much lua that isn't copy/paste)

Byzantines
Religion - Christianity (holy city is Constantinople, beliefs goddess of protection, faith healers, cathedrals*, defender of the faith)
UU's - Cataphract (knight bonus vs wounded units), Dromon (Unchanged)

Arabs
Religion - Islam (Holy city Mecca, beliefs holy warriors, god of war, god of sacrifice**, Mosques*)
UU's - Mobile Guard (knight, big bonus when near great general, transfers moves to great generals), Hijazi Bowman (Crossbowman, bonus vs mounted units)

Persia
Religion - Zoroastrianism (holy city is Ctesiphon, beliefs Natural Beauty**, desert folklore, fire temples*, just war
UU's - Clibanarii (Knight more strength less moves), Paighan (Cheap Pikeman, slightly weaker)

Tibet (Use Mongol art)
Religion - Buddhism (holy city is Lhasa, beliefs dance of the aurora, itinerant preachers, world church, Stupa*
UU - Himalayan Cavalry (Rough terrain bonuses)
UI - Dzong (Fort yields culture)

China
Religion - Taoism (holy city is ..., beliefs Middle Kingdom**, religious unity, life force**, pagoda*
UU's - Cho-Ko-Nu (Same), Fubing (Pikeman, can build roads, farms, forts)

* All buildings will be modded. For example, Mosques will gift a free missionary on completion (So in effect are a "free building" from a faith expenditure point of view)
** Denotes something in the xml I hope to mod that isn't used in the base game at the moment (Middle kingdom = can convert land barbarians)

Victory
Domination (All capitals)
Diplomatic (Build a wonder that triggers elections and be elected)
Cultural (Control [Not build] 6 of 8 world wonders)
Territory (Who controls most territory at 900 AD/turn 300)

Other
Barbs to have a UU (Basically a keshik with march). If it works as intended, China will have access to these units by converting them from barb camps
Hoping to include an elephant UU of some sort, gifted from Indian CS's
Judaism (Maybe) and Hinduism (Probably) planned as possible additional religions (Based in CS's)
Unsure whether to give all religions 5 beliefs, open to suggestions, especially with Zoroastrianism (Not really happy is unique enough, will be the only civ starting with a natural wonder inside their borders)
Holy city suggestions for Zoroastrianism ?
Taoism or Confucianism and what should be the holy city ?
Adjusted the original map, cut out Japan and Korea
Will need to re-place all resources at some stage
I'm hoping that modding beliefs as "founder" means that to get the benefits you need to control the holy city
Science locked, but all civs with equal tech
Considering turning always war off.....

Possibly some other stuff I've overlooked so far...

You should add turks to this scnerio Because in this years turks controls the lands in khazakhstan and add india and you can add siam :c5happy:;)

Top Bottom