8.0x Bugs Thread

playing as austrin, p8.01

champions seem to be bugged, when i select one, or a stack containing one, it seems like it can't decide what interface to show. the name "champion" appears in the lower left, but not the 3D unit model or the icons representing the stack. Action buttons appear but not the correct ones. Also, when I try to go the civilopedia->units->champion, most of the information is missing

I also occurred this bug. I got a champion from a grave and moved it into the city. Every time I exit the city with the champion still active: I.E. not fortified I see residual effects of the city screen still present.

playing as austrin, p8.01

champions seem to be bugged, when i select one, or a stack containing one, it seems like it can't decide what interface to show. the name "champion" appears in the lower left, but not the 3D unit model or the icons representing the stack. Action buttons appear but not the correct ones. Also, when I try to go the civilopedia->units->champion, most of the information is missing

animations art for austrin champion was missing, fixed

Revelers (Str 9 Undead) have the Trade tech as their prerequisite. They are too strong and too many for the era they appear. I suggest moving the Tech prereq to Iron Working.

Code:
        <UnitInfo>
            <Type>UNIT_REVELERS</Type>
            <PrereqTech>TECH_IRON_WORKING</PrereqTech>
            <PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</PrereqCiv>
            <bBarbarianSpawn>1</bBarbarianSpawn>
        </UnitInfo>

Revelers (Str 9 Undead) have the Trade tech as their prerequisite. They are too strong and too many for the era they appear. I suggest moving the Tech prereq to Iron Working.

Code:
        <UnitInfo>
            <Type>UNIT_REVELERS</Type>
            <PrereqTech>TECH_IRON_WORKING</PrereqTech>
            <PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</PrereqCiv>
            <bBarbarianSpawn>1</bBarbarianSpawn>
        </UnitInfo>

sounds good to me

WM 8.00

1) Doviello Workers don't appear to be spooked by Mana Gaurdian Barbs. Too bad as these Barbs are enemies.

2) Slavery Civic Splash screen for Doviello has a missing txt link.

3) Event Picture link missing: "The swamps near the city of... edible frogs."

4) A promotion icon for winning Doviello's - Issue Challenge is missing... it's a pink circle.

5) WoC upon end of turn. [File] :: Fixed by 8.01

fixed the missing art. do you have a savegame for 1) ?

Hello,

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but if it's the latter, it might be a bit overpowered. In my current game as Elohim, I find that I can build civ-specific rituals and heroes after I capture their cities. For example, I can build The Draw and Wilboman as the Illians. I know Tolerant lets me build their normal buildings and units, but I didn't think it would extend to heroes and rituals as well.

Also, I love how the Purity Counter is always shown now, even at 0%.

should be fixed both. I will upload a patch later the day with all these fixes.

Sephi,

Looks like you got most of the bugs reported since I shut down last evening. If there is something you need me to help with, let me know. It also appears that you are working on the next patch. I will upload yesterdays work as soon as I post this, so that you can have it incorporated in the patch.

Edit: updated at revision 174

FYI (xml does not like the & symbol, I had to correct errors first at revision 173)

@sephi
in the CIV4.SpellInfos.xml it is modded so that scorch obsoletes spring (or was it the other way around?) i don't know if this is intended it certainly does not make much sense and secondly it is directly written in the original spellinfos.xml not in OBSOLETED_CIV4.SpellInfos.xml

fixed the missing art. do you have a savegame for 1) ?

No. I tried to recreate this from a nearby save but the Guardian Lich would not cooperate. Interestingly, his summoned Spectre would wake the worker where his skeleton did not.
I'll keep a look out. Thanks

@sephi
in the CIV4.SpellInfos.xml it is modded so that scorch obsoletes spring (or was it the other way around?) i don't know if this is intended it certainly does not make much sense and secondly it is directly written in the original spellinfos.xml not in OBSOLETED_CIV4.SpellInfos.xml

not intended. forgot to remove it after testing

first time i've seen this, but maybe it doesn't come from the mod?

I have seen something similar while testing for "The Ancient Mediterranean" mod.
I believe it is caused by a misscaled graphic file

Some hours ago I installed WM 8.0 and patch 8.01, then I started a new game with Gosea and saved it. Now I tried to load my saved game, but the game crashes always. What is wrong? My last autosaves aren't working either. :(

I found the solution: the game constantly crashes until I used the 'Play now' option to start a new game, then I end this one and loads my savegame - without problems! But this can't be the real solution, do I really have to use the 'Play now' option when I try to load my savegame?!

Top Bottom