A Chicken in Every Pot and a Camel in Every Garage(Science-1020)

TimTheEnchanter

I...am...an Enchanter!
Viking has had his plan put into motion. Now it’s my turn ;)

You said you wanted to do lists, so here’s one for you. I hope I got the math right on several of these things as they all kinda’ work together timing-wise. This should get us to the point where almost every city has either built, or is close to completing, the camel for its third trade-route. It also addresses preparing Dou for the next celebrations by building a harbor, a sewer, and Shakespeare’s theatre in 4 turns (taking advantage of the existing food caravans, plus a few others as soon as they can all reach Dou)

As those camels move and trade routes get established, we will be getting frequent boosts in both gold and beakers, allowing further spending on improvements for celebrations, etc.

As the plan gets farther out, it is harder to project exact gold totals, so the instructions become more vague. However, the science ministry still expects heavy IPRB expenditures on the in-progress camels in later turns even if not explicitly called out in the plan. The sooner these camels are on the road, the sooner we get the extra trade as well as the delivery bonuses. When a city completes the camel for it’s third route, you can start building the necessary improvements for the next round of celebrations.

The science ministry cares little about Berlin Barb Farm at this time, so no rushbuying should occur there. Fort Jayne and Blenheim Palace get Rushbuys for their harbors to speed growth, but nothing else at this time. The focus of this plan is the main continent.

Calculations assume that science is kept around 50% during this time. There may be a time (particularly in 1080ad) when an adjustment may be needed to complete a tech and insure we don’t waste too many beakers delivering caravans the next turn. Caravan delivery payments were calculated assuming maximum trade in both cities, even when this involves moving workers from other cities (Just don't forget to move them back after delivering!)

The plan starts by, I believe, completing EVERY thing that has shields started on the main continent plus FJ and BP (mostly by RB or IRB). This costs about 920g, but is necessary to move the plan along in a timely fashion.

One caveat to this plan: If at any point we get the message that someone (France) is about to complete Shakespeare’s Theatre, dump the plan and make sure we rush buy the thing in Doughnutia that turn at all costs. First choice is to dump food caravans, then non-demanded caravans, or cash into it.

Science 1020

1020 - before ending the current turn
Keep 50% science. Start harbor in Dou this turn (no change)

Rush Camel in LC for shakes (food)– 36g
Rush camel in PB for shakes(food)– 94g
Rush camel in BS for Shakes(food)– 36g

Rush Camel in LP – 88g
Rush camel in RF – 36g
Rush Market in VM – 150g
Rush caravan in Ipec – 84g
Rush Naer Caravan – 36g
Rush fW camel 100g
Rush igloria camel 122g
rush camel in EF – 113g
rush dip in BP (25g)
allow FJ to complete dip

This spends 920g, leaving 450 in the pot.

Start Dou Hides caravan moving towards Naervana (Demanded) –Like the RF delivery we made a few turns ago, it’s going to pay well enough to be worth it and we don’t have another ship ready to take it offshore. It appears as though Dou can always create another hides camel for offshore delivery

Camel in Barb sucks, Point Blissful and Lucy's Crossing should be food caravans – each continue to build more camels
Other camels should all be trade goods

Deliver Hides camel to Teotihuacan – should give 558g and fill beaker box almost exactly. (giving 1150g at this point)

Hold on to the trade camels near Dou for next turn – do not deliver them.
Move food caravans towards Dou.
Start moving trade vans to Dou.

Rush harbor in dou – 100g
IPRB camel in Neu (to 40s) 75g
Disband warrior in LP as he is relatively useless and keeping production at 0
Start moving Dou gold caravan to RF to catch boat to India.
Start Market in RF
Start harbor in FJ
Start Harbor in BP
Start more camels in BS, PB, LC,EF, LP, Igl, Fw, Nae, Ipec, VM

Sanitation should be complete – start new tech. – about 30% beakers complete
Complete harbor in dou -Start Sewer
Neu complete caravan –trade goods – start another caravan

Deliver non-food caravans to dou: Ipec Copper (demand ~148g), LP Hides (nd ~58), FW Beads (nd~72g)

Should have about 1200g at this point

Rush harbor in FJ (112g)
Rush harbor in BP(116g)

IPRB caravans where possible – making sure we keep enough gold to rush sewer in Dou next turn. (Costs approx, depending on resource/worker assignments):
-BS rush 111g to 50s – rush entire van since this will be its 1st route and we want to start another asap
-PB rush 119g to 50s – Rush entire van since this will be only its 2nd route - start another next turn
-LC rush 111g to 50s – rush entire van since this will be only it’s 2nd route - start another next turn

-EF rush 19g to 10s
-LP rush 22g to 10s
-Igl rush 122g to 50s – rush entire van since city needs many improvements as well
-FW rush 16g to 10s
-Nae rush 11g to 10s
-Ipec rush 16g to 10s
-VM rush 11g to 10s

VM, 1st Neu, LC, PB Food caravans should all reach Dou this turn – Have them wait.

Dou gold caravan should reach RF, board ship to India.

BS and 2nd Neu food caravans should be outside Dou now ready to deliver next turn.
Ipec Beads arrive in Dou (~72g)

Should have about 500g
Rush sewer in Dou – 230g

IPRB another row of shields all around.

Rough guess, I think we'll be about 80% done with research on tech. – Set tech rate to ensure that it is completed this turn.

Complete tech, start new one.

Complete Dou sewer, change to Shakes in Dou.
6 food caravans (VM, 1st and 2nd Neu, LC, PB, BS) dumped into Shakes.

- Caravans from 1020/1060 rushbuys start arriving in Dou starting with RF (~68), LC(~46), and PB (~38g)
- Dou Hides caravan reaches Naervana - ~160g

- Continue to IPRB caravans with gold from caravan payments.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
One caveat to this plan: If at any point we get the message that someone (France) is about to complete Shakespeare’s Theatre, dump the plan and make sure we rush buy the thing in Doughnutia that turn at all costs. First choice is to dump food caravans, then non-demanded caravans, or cash into it.
And in the unlikely event that this is not sufficient, sell some improvements (aqueducts in particular) - building Shake's has been approved in a poll.

A few comments: If we can somehow accelerate Shake's and a sewer in Dou by rush buying Shake's without too much cost that would be great - the sooner Dou starts growing the better.

If we can do some extra rush buys not included in Tim's plan (should be possible because of delivery bonuses) focus on marketplaces, temple in FJ, banks in size 8+ cities (in particular Neu and RF), aqueducts in cities that do not have them and harbors where necessary (RF is an obvious example).

Important: We really need more settlers in the west but we do not have time to buy them now. So move the settlers in the east (including those near FW) west ASAP, except for the one near VM. We have done most of the necessary improvements in the east whereas in the west a lot remains to be done.

I decided not to post an additional poll this time since most of what must be done is covered in Tim's plan (which at the time of this writing seems headed for a landslide victory in a poll :)).

Found cities C1 to C4 per the maps in this thread but beware of the Aztec diplomat. Also the trireme W of RF is clearly headed towards the C2 site. After one of its settlers lands there the trireme should probably head for C3 with the other settler. We really should explore that area, it might have lots of nice city sites but (more probably IMO) it could be a small peninsula.

Actually, looking over things I think I may have miscalculated the gold a bit. :blush: I think the total treasury will be a bit lower than I have indicated. With that in mind, there isn't much extra gold to go around during these turns...not if we want to have enough to complete the sewer in 1 turn. I also don't think we should be rushing improvements in most of these cities until the caravans for the third trade routes are out the door. Expecially with the SSC growing, those routes will come close to doubling the trade in those cities.

Around 1100, I think a lot of the 3rd caravans should be close to completion and the caravans should start trickling in. I figured the MoDA would have no trouble figuring out how to spend the delivery bonuses at that point.

I really don't see much opportunity to speed up the Dou build queue. We can't really speed up the sewer because we still need to complete Sanitation. Shake's get's built as soon as the existing food caravans get there. It would be wasteful to burn trade vans on a wonder when we've got food already. The harbor will be necessary to grow anyway since we don't have much more food capacity. I'm not sure how we can speed things up there. Both improvements are rushed as soon as there are sheilds in the box, and the wonder comes right on the heels of those. Dou should start growing as soon as the sewer and wonder are complete, even at our current luxury rate.

I agree about more settlers in the west. LC and PB still need significant terrain work. Furthermore, when the roads and irrigation are complete on the Dou plains, we need to cut down the 4 forests that are not either specials or on the river. These should be turned into trade producing squares to take most advantage of the SSC infrastructure.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
I figured the MoDA would have no trouble figuring out how to spend the delivery bonuses at that point.
That's not going to be a problem ;). Knowing roughly when we are likely to become a democracy according to the science plans would be useful. I'd like to build Bach ASAP after that happens. There will be a lot to build and we also want to expand. And when we expand it's easier to let others do it for us ;). So as a (maybe former) warmonger, in addition to building infrastructure, I'd like to start allocating some resources to warfare, the Zulus are very primitive so it's getting tempting to wipe them out (maybe the Greeks as well) - we really need more cities since our main continent isn't very big, the one to the west isn't either and the one to the north occupied by the Aztecs and Zulus. However, unlike the Zulus, the Aztecs and Indians are useful as targets for caravans. I don't think we would need to spend a very big fraction of our resources on wiping out the Zulus since economically and tech wise we are way ahead of them.

CG (Mil Adv) said in the turn thread that he'd have a look at the save and look over military issues. Maybe he could post a poll about it.

Nice plan Tim, this really helps and answers a lot of the questions that usually come up while playing the game.:goodjob:

Top Bottom