A Mayan Cossack

Aaron90495

King
I was playing as the Maya yesterday and received a Cossack from a city-state. This is probably just a launch bug, but if not, what happened? Could this actually be possible in the expansion?

Yep. All militaristic City-States now give UUs of civs that aren't in the game once you get the proper tech for it.

Yes this could happen. But its been enhanced, scrolling over the city state you can see militaristic city states will give you unique units from other civs (check each city to see which it will give)

Yes this could happen. But its been enhanced, scrolling over the city state you can see militaristic city states will give you unique units from other civs (check each city to see which it will give)

Oh, neat! I didn't notice that it tells you what the UU is.

So wait, there will be icons for particular militaristic civs in terms of what UU's are granted? If the CS is Asian affiliated would it grant Asian UU's or is it random?

Is there any chance of getting a regular unit too?

Militaristic city states have changed slightly in the way that they gift units.

First, they gift units directly into your lands, rather than you having to shuttle them all the way from theirs.

Second, they try to gift you with more advanced units as to previously. I believe this is means that they gift based off of your technology level instead of theirs, but cannot confirm that.

Lastly, each militaristic city state has one unique unit which they can gift, and they will do so once you unlock that technology. So in this case, that particular city-state's special unit was the Cossack, so for the duration in which that unit is/was relevant, they would gift you that unit over all others.

That's pretty cool, it should add CS gifting more varied. And @fat_tonle that's an interesting idea, I hope you're right.

Is there any chance of getting a regular unit too?

I've had 3 militaristic city-states give me units thus far. They've all been generic because I haven't reached the tech of whatever UU they give.

Militaristic city states have changed slightly in the way that they gift units.

First, they gift units directly into your lands, rather than you having to shuttle them all the way from theirs.

Second, they try to gift you with more advanced units as to previously. I believe this is means that they gift based off of your technology level instead of theirs, but cannot confirm that.

Lastly, each militaristic city state has one unique unit which they can gift, and they will do so once you unlock that technology. So in this case, that particular city-state's special unit was the Cossack, so for the duration in which that unit is/was relevant, they would gift you that unit over all others.

I'll argue that first point; I remember having an extremely weird situation in my last game (G&K) where I was gifted a unit by a friendly military CS but it got put in the CS's "capital" (I think all the tiles around it were taken, but I can't say for sure). That same turn I declared war on the CS's ally (and thus went to war with the CS), so I had my own unit INSIDE an enemy city.

I guess that explains the Mayan Tercio I saw roaming around when I played yesterday.

Also explains this poster saying he was fighting Austrian Minutemen and Keshiks. Seems Lady MT is a powerful woman with her city-state UA.

It does seem to be slighly related to location : Hanoi keep giving me Siam UU.

It does seem to be slighly related to location : Hanoi keep giving me Siam UU.

Well each militaristic city-state is assigned a UU at the begging of the game, so if this is all then in the same game, then that means nothing. Honestly, I doubt that there is any relation between city-state culture and the UU they can give you

Top Bottom