A More Perfect Union

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Rudragun

Rudragun Warlord

I am happy to have been promoted to my position, even if it was by apathy votes. I will advance the interests of America first and foremost. Since AFP's platform just happens to coincide with that, I guess I'm supporting it just by aiding America!

Senator Rudragun

Spoiler OOC: Hurricane Irene :
    As someone in the Raleigh area in North Carolina, I'm experiencing a lot of wind and rain, but no damages in my specific area. I really hope that the coast, especially Beaufort, comes out of this without too much property damage.

2. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I think that this "minor party" system be scrapped until some parties get more than five members, no?

3. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

Lots of people on the East coast affected by Irene. Our house came through with minimal water in the basement, but the church had 8 feet of water. Fire department had to pump it out. Next deadline is Friday, hopefully many will be well on their way to recovery by then. Vote if you can. If many are missing by the end of the week, I may extend it.

4. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

The reports of the tropical storm Irene reveal less damage than what was feared, so we must be thankful for that. I have a meeting with a native Chief Seattle, supposedly of the Tacoma tribe, and will be in the same time zone as the majority of people here, until Friday. Travel takes some time, obviously, at this day and age.

For my presidential campaign, let it be said that the Communist ideology will be defined by the Party. I will not tolerate people who try to tell us what it is without joining! The party membership is open to all.

In fact I encourage those who have been misled by other party leaders and joined the imperialist, reactionary forces, to take off their blindfolds and join the true cause for equality and world peace (even if it means subjugating all other nations to the rule of America).

Let me also open the voting in the minor party presidential primary elections, and vote for Ceskari.

I wish to add to my qualifications that no cherry tree remains in my father's yard, since I was given an axe to play with. I have a feeling that this fact has some relevance in American politics.

5. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Presidential Vote

I hereby cast my Vote for the minor party presidential primary elections, and vote for Ceskari.

Representative Vote

chgrogers of the No Party

6. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Although Ceskari's axe/cherry tree qualifications are impressive indeed, I cast my vote for Jehoshua

OOC - hope people haven't been hit too badly by Irene, it appears not to have been as bad as forecast which is encouraging, but still a nasty storm - best to all CFers affected.

7. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I cast my vote for the candidate, Jehoshua as president.

I cast my vote for Defoesrightboot, for representative.

8. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

Presidential Vote

Ceskari of the Communist Party

Representative Vote

chgrogers of the No Party

9. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

The polls look exciting for the Party! :) Keep the votes coming! Vote early, and vote often!

10. dot80

dot80 Emperor

My votes:

Candidate for President
    Omega124, of the Rattlesnake Party

Candidate for Representative
    Dot80, of the Rattlesnake Party

Congratulations Rudragun

11. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

:agree:, these are also my votes.

12. Rudragun

Rudragun Warlord

Thank you graciously, candidate dot80. I hope to be of great use to our new nation.

I would like to vote for Jehoshua for the office of president.

I cast my vote for Dot80.

13. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

Tambien for Prez....
    Dot80 for Rep.

14. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

DefoesRightBoot is not a recognized candidate for Representative.
    -Chief Justice Yahzuk

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

blach

Wishful thinking I suppose :lol:

I will vote for Dot80 then.

16. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

I have had an early morning "powwow" with Chief Seattle. He is intrigued at the ideology we represent. However, he is unsure whether his tribe can cope with a nation that endeavors to scout the land for their own use. He says we ought to make agreements for "as long as the grass grows and the wind blows". I said it's not up to me at the moment, but if the People of America would so vote, I could be in the position to sign those agreements. Then, of course, there's the "scorched earth" strategy option - what grass will grow after that is implemented?

17. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

I have sent a messenger to Washington to carry my representative vote. I vote for chgrogers of the No Party.

18. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

With little more than a day remaining, both elections appear to be ending in a tie. If the registered voters are unable to break the ties themselves before the closing of this session of congress, the responsibility will fall to the Supreme Court....

As none of the candidates in this new nation have a political record on which to base a decision, its rumored that Chief Justice Yahzuk is warming up his trusty random number generator to cast the deciding votes...

Don't let your voices be drowned out by randomness! Get out and vote!

19. Steel Knight

Steel Knight Warlord

I create The Expansionist Party. This party will focus on creating a large american empire. It will encourage growth and will support creating lots of food for population growth and will encourage science that will boost military units. Our party will encourage the production of Settlers whenever we can to create new cities and create more possibilities for our empire. If the only way to expand is to wage war than wage war we will. This is why we always want to keep a strong military at hand. We support having Walls in all our cities for city defense and Barracks for unit battle boosts.

Attached Files:

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

CURRENT VOTES

President:

Jehoshua: 3
    Ceskari: 3
    Omega124: 2