A New Dawn Beta Builds

As for the other issue, they still show up in the city screen, but like obsolete buildings, they have no effect.

is there anyway to take them out of hte city screen?

I found that guild and corporation mod cause of issues with the city bar icons!
After I didn't install that mods, my :yuck: icon just shows up. need to fix guild mod's font file:).

i get error when i try to launch the RoM beta on a clear 2.81 i got vista 32bit

Have you already researched Monotheism? That building obsoletes quickly.

No, I had not researched monotheism, so the idol shrine should not be obsolete. Regardless, that shouldn't be coming into play with the butchery because, as far as I remember, it doesn't become obsolete but it still wasn't giving the bonus food from cows. (And if it does become obsolete, I was nowhere near that point, as I was only about 100 turns in on a Marathon game.)

I have a suspicion that the merged python that you used for the beta 4.5 release may have fixed the errors you mentioned, but that it may have caused some of the problems that we are now experiencing. I have no hard evidence for this, just the user experiences that are being mentioned and my own experiences using beta 4 and beta 4.5.

I always get the black terrain when installing this mod. I am using the RoM 2.8 Mega then patching to 2.81 Mega and then installing New Dawn 4.5 Beta. I include the fix with the New dawn when installing custom but it always gives me the black terrain and messed up resource icons.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I decided to load up the game I was running last night with the problems on resource bonuses being added to cities, and it looks like the problem is actually bigger upon reload of the game. Now, one of the tech-added building bonuses is applying incorrectly as well. Image shows the issue:

As you can see, the two +1 research bonuses are not being added together. Instead, the building is now giving a +1 research and a +1 money bonus. I find it very odd that the state of the game on load is different than it was at the time of save. Bear in mind, I saved my game last night right after taking my first screenshot, and this screenshot is from looking at the city immediately after loading.

I always get the black terrain when installing this mod. I am using the RoM 2.8 Mega then patching to 2.81 Mega and then installing New Dawn 4.5 Beta. I include the fix with the New dawn when installing custom but it always gives me the black terrain and messed up resource icons.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Do you use Custom install or Recommended install. Because there is anoption for patching the Megapack. It basically turn off several civs and allow you to play with what Afforess assume are most important civs. In other words, you are left with the majority of civs but 5 are turned off.

It had been reported, according to Afforess, that turning off five or more civs from the Megacivpack solves the black terrain problem.

Do you use Custom install or Recommended install. Because there is anoption for patching the Megapack.
It had been reported, according to Afforess, that turning off five or more civs from the Megacivpack solves the black terrain problem.

I use the custom as I dont want things like ice breakers, worlds fair and a few others.
So do I just delete 5 of the civs in the folder? I'm not sure I understand what your saying. I choose the custom option that says it patches the mega civs pack but I still get black terrain.

Zimbaa,

I just tried exactly the same situation as you described. I did not see the bug, the city's revolt meter went down like normal when I connected the city. Is there anything else that you did?

Sorry for bumping this again. Tried to reinstall several times. Still same bug. Don't know what could be casuing it, especialy since you cannot re-create it. Sending a savegame for debug, or whatever.

AND Log:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations}

Attachments

• Bismarck BC-4236.CivBeyondSwordSave
    148 KB · Views: 45
I use the custom as I dont want things like ice breakers, worlds fair and a few others.
So do I just delete 5 of the civs in the folder? I'm not sure I understand what your saying. I choose the custom option that says it patches the mega civs pack but I still get black terrain.

No that patch was supposed to turn off 5 civs for you. So if you still have black terrain after that option being checked, then just wait for Afforess to respond. The important thing was that you DID check that patch in when you installed :).

I can confirm the weird Rev Distance Bugs in both directions. Two games with India, both on Noble, one with Advanced Start, both snail speed. In the first game, any city founded has Distance penalties from about 800-1000, which makes holding the city impossible. It seems to be happening for the AI too, as any empire of 4-5 cities collapses almost immediately, sometimes into 2 or 3 factions. It is sort of fun, since I like the chaos it causes, but it makes research go very slow, since everyone is always in war mode. Plus, you can't really expand without collapsing. Also, I went into world builder and I think the Chinese Rebels spawned both next to me and in the New World next to the Mongolians, who began as a BarbCiv.

The second game with advanced start gave distance modifiers of -1000 or so, which gives new ancient era cities a 0 revindex after one turn. I cannot confirm if this happens to the AI or not.

Anyways, this mod is awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

AND Logs:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Guilds {Modern Corporations}

Saves attached.

I can confirm the weird Rev Distance Bugs in both directions. Two games with India, both on Noble, one with Advanced Start, both snail speed. In the first game, any city founded has Distance penalties from about 800-1000, which makes holding the city impossible. It seems to be happening for the AI too, as any empire of 4-5 cities collapses almost immediately, sometimes into 2 or 3 factions. It is sort of fun, since I like the chaos it causes, but it makes research go very slow, since everyone is always in war mode. Plus, you can't really expand without collapsing. Also, I went into world builder and I think the Chinese Rebels spawned both next to me and in the New World next to the Mongolians, who began as a BarbCiv.

The second game with advanced start gave distance modifiers of -1000 or so, which gives new ancient era cities a 0 revindex after one turn. I cannot confirm if this happens to the AI or not.

Anyways, this mod is awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

AND Logs:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Guilds {Modern Corporations}

Saves attached.

yep, it´s impossible to found an early city.... it will always and ever revolt! I had only one city until classical era... I hope you guys can find the bug :nuke:

yep, it´s impossible to found an early city.... it will always and ever revolt! I had only one city until classical era... I hope you guys can find the bug :nuke:

I manage to have two until I switch to Monarchy (sometimes three if I have two high Commerce Resources nearby, but anymore would be pushing it). Of course, I play Snail games, use Early Buildings, and play Ancient Age/Advanced Start.

I am using 1.60 Beta4.5.

I have the mountain mod enabled but I am not allowed to move into mountain squares.

The town watchman does not have a skin. It shows up as hot pink. At least this is the case with the barbarian civ.

I manage to have two until I switch to Monarchy (sometimes three if I have two high Commerce Resources nearby, but anymore would be pushing it). Of course, I play Snail games, use Early Buildings, and play Ancient Age/Advanced Start.

Marathon speed, Ancient start, have Early Buildings (I know, I know, it is for Snail game only but I can't resist them for marathon :lol:). No problems with Rev. My Settler difficulty rocketed to Immortal now. I'm in late Classical Age.

I am using 1.60 Beta4.5.

I have the mountain mod enabled but I am not allowed to move into mountain squares.

The town watchman does not have a skin. It shows up as hot pink. At least this is the case with the barbarian civ.

You need tech named Mountaineering. It is a Medieval tech so wait till you get it. Then report back here if you still can't get on mountains.

I am using 1.60 Beta4.5.

Marathon speed, Ancient start, have Early Buildings (I know, I know, it is for Snail game only but I can't resist them for marathon :lol:). No problems with Rev. My Settler difficulty rocketed to Immortal now. I'm in late Classical Age.

I am glad to know that they are fun for Marathon games, since I created them and RoM is designed for Marathon games. I generally play on Noble difficulty since I am either testing a module or trying a new feature (I pretty much expect to win on that difficulty, which is why I test on it); if I settled down, I think I would end up playing on Prince or Monarch, but I cannot comment on those difficulties with Revolutions for now.

For the testers -- myself included.....

What are people preferring -- flexible difficulty or increasing difficulty?

I have played two very quick games (both advanced start and blitz speed) -- and am finding the flexibile difficulty a little more to my liking than increasing difficulty. I'm concerned that these quick test games are more to the reason why I am liking the flexibile difficulty more.

I started a game on Monarch using the increasing difficulty -- and basically it wasn't too difficult in the early going, and as a result, I was able to quickly gain the ascendency.

I started the flexibile difficulty game on Emperor, thinking I could drop down a level or two -- and found that I didn't at all. It made the game much more challenging in the early game, and a disasterous war with the Aztecs dropped me too far behind technologically to really keep up.

Thoughts?

I am glad to know that they are fun for Marathon games, since I created them and RoM is designed for Marathon games. I generally play on Noble difficulty since I am either testing a module or trying a new feature (I pretty much expect to win on that difficulty, which is why I test on it); if I settled down, I think I would end up playing on Prince or Monarch, but I cannot comment on those difficulties with Revolutions for now.

I used to play on Noble Difficulty but dared to try Flexible Difficulty. So far, so good. Of course, I may had survived thus far because I set barbarians' cities at 10 in GlobeDefines. I still am a four city empire until I can move my capital to seaside because of Moai Statue :lol:. So I'm playing a quiet building game and bribing away Cautious stance of other AI until such the time when I'm ready to expand :D.

Top Bottom