A New Dawn Beta Builds

I found out what is causing this, though i have no clue how to "fix" the issue. If you click on your name where it lists all the civs score if minimizes the scores except yours, and your slowness with completely disappear. And if you maximize it again it will slowdown to like 2 FPS again.
I have this to.
Why is there an Inquisitors Game Option in the custom game menu? Is it not already in the RevDCM options page?
Lots of customizable features in the Global Defines Alt, check them out!
Is this meant to be a teaser?;)

In the middle of the game (around the early industrial age) all of a sudden I could not build anymore buildings. I could build units but all buildings were ghosted out. Even one that had no requirements. And those that I was working on suddenly said I could no longer work on them anymore. Why did it do this? In addition i could still research projects or things like science/money/culture/etc.

I found that guild and corporation mod cause of issues with the city bar icons!
After I didn't install that mods, my :yuck: icon just shows up. need to fix guild mod's font file:).

No, the issue is more sinister than that, I don't alter the gamefonts at all. I'd explain, but an alternate fix is already in the works...

No, I had not researched monotheism, so the idol shrine should not be obsolete. Regardless, that shouldn't be coming into play with the butchery because, as far as I remember, it doesn't become obsolete but it still wasn't giving the bonus food from cows. (And if it does become obsolete, I was nowhere near that point, as I was only about 100 turns in on a Marathon game.)

Okay, well I am able to replicate your bug. It's an old bug that you discovered (The bug is in 1.50-5 as well. ) I'm working on a fix...

I decided to load up the game I was running last night with the problems on resource bonuses being added to cities, and it looks like the problem is actually bigger upon reload of the game. Now, one of the tech-added building bonuses is applying incorrectly as well. Image shows the issue:

As you can see, the two +1 research bonuses are not being added together. Instead, the building is now giving a +1 research and a +1 money bonus. I find it very odd that the state of the game on load is different than it was at the time of save. Bear in mind, I saved my game last night right after taking my first screenshot, and this screenshot is from looking at the city immediately after loading.

Yeah, I can replicate this as well. Again, this is an older bug discovered recently. I am working on a fix.

I can confirm the weird Rev Distance Bugs in both directions. Two games with India, both on Noble, one with Advanced Start, both snail speed. In the first game, any city founded has Distance penalties from about 800-1000, which makes holding the city impossible. It seems to be happening for the AI too, as any empire of 4-5 cities collapses almost immediately, sometimes into 2 or 3 factions. It is sort of fun, since I like the chaos it causes, but it makes research go very slow, since everyone is always in war mode. Plus, you can't really expand without collapsing. Also, I went into world builder and I think the Chinese Rebels spawned both next to me and in the New World next to the Mongolians, who began as a BarbCiv.

I believe I figured out the cause of the distance bugs. I forgot to merge some changes from RoM's different path types and different movement costs compared to RevDCM...

I am using 1.60 Beta4.5.

I have the mountain mod enabled but I am not allowed to move into mountain squares.

The town watchman does not have a skin. It shows up as hot pink. At least this is the case with the barbarian civ.

You need Mountaineering to move through peaks. Read the Civilopedia article on it. The watchman only works if you turn OFF single unit graphics and turn on animations.

I have this to.
Why is there an Inquisitors Game Option in the custom game menu? Is it not already in the RevDCM options page?
Is this meant to be a teaser?;)

Inquisitions is not in the RevDCM options anymore. They moved it to a game option. Not my decision, it was theirs.

In the middle of the game (around the early industrial age) all of a sudden I could not build anymore buildings. I could build units but all buildings were ghosted out. Even one that had no requirements. And those that I was working on suddenly said I could no longer work on them anymore. Why did it do this? In addition i could still research projects or things like science/money/culture/etc.

Should not be happening... but I have some suspicions.

Seeing this, I wonder if there is a building limit.

Nope.

Sorry about the update delay guys. My school work ramped up recently, so I had little time for modding.

Here's a list of bugs from 4.5 I've fixed:

Fixed MP bug in BULL (so MP works like it did in 2.71)
Fixed Espionage Screen
Fixed Barbarian General option

When I get more of the critical bugs fixed, I'll release Beta5.

Sorry about the update delay guys. My school work ramped up recently, so I had little time for modding.

No need to apologize. Just inform :). Glad you are still modding at all :D.

Afforess, it appears that the BUG team is working on optimizing the PLE features.

Minor typo in the box that tells you what options are sellected when the game is loading. The top says RRise of Mankind

Minor typo in the box that tells you what options are sellected when the game is loading. The top says RRise of Mankind

Hehe, I saw that myself. Did I facepalm when I did... lol.

Minor Update:

I have also corrected the odd bug with saving and reloading and the tech commerce changes alter (with elder council, etc...). It happened to be an issue with Read/Write order.

Might be wrong here but it seems like changing to either Mercantile or Free Market don't have anarchy. Hope it is just me seeing things because I'm tired so prove me wrong :).

I used to play with inquisitions off but relocate holy cities on. This no longer possible! Why? Or should I be asking on another forum.

Edit: Also strange revolutions and stuff. Snail, advance start, I went for cities. This seems to be a problem due to revolutions. See the image.

Also contrary to what has been said I am having big financial trouble even though in the ancient era and having 4,000 gold - very lucky with 8 goody huts. Everyone has been saying that you need 3500* era mod (=0) to avoid financial problems. Well it is obviously not true since 4000 is much greater than 0!

I do not get the rev version of financial problems, I have been in the late middle ages making 40 gold per turn and have y science to 90 and having like 25k in gold..... yet still have financial problems?!?!?!?

I wonder how exactly it is calculated.

I used to play with inquisitions off but relocate holy cities on. This no longer possible! Why? Or should I be asking on another forum.

Edit: Also strange revolutions and stuff. Snail, advance start, I went for cities. This seems to be a problem due to revolutions. See the image.

Also contrary to what has been said I am having big financial trouble even though in the ancient era and having 4,000 gold - very lucky with 8 goody huts. Everyone has been saying that you need 3500* era mod (=0) to avoid financial problems. Well it is obviously not true since 4000 is much greater than 0!

I do not get the rev version of financial problems, I have been in the late middle ages making 40 gold per turn and have y science to 90 and having like 25k in gold..... yet still have financial problems?!?!?!?

I wonder how exactly it is calculated.

I can't speak for the latest RevDCM in 1.60beta4.5. It's very different than the previous versions of RevDCM, a lot more information is exposed to the player, some of the calculations are different...

A holy city can only be relocated after a successfull inquistion as far as I understand it. So there wouldn't be much point in having relocate without the inquisitions active.

Top Bottom