A New Dawn Beta Builds

by the way... you used a REALLY old version of my MLF Frontend... I recommend updating it... it has a catastrophic failure in the execute BTS function... It doesn't crash or anything but it will NEVER find the .exe and because of that it tends to freeze... I recommend updating it in your next beta build...

I changed my PLE option to Horizontal grouping.

I fortified my units after I got the town watchman and this came up.

Then I went to BUG options and tried to change the Draw to BUG and then to PLE. Neither solved that problem.

So WTF is up with the black square? Never happened in older BUG version... I like my units being horizontally grouped by unit type.

:bump:

Maybe you found too many cities in the ancient ages. On immortal diffculty, I usually found 4 cities in the ancient ages. But to make them stable, you must ensure that you have the state religion in all cities, better without other non-state religions, and change civs to state-religion and others which can perform local stablity.

In the middle ages, I recommend you use the republic civs. It can bring a lot of stablity for your cities. I usually have about ten cities in this ages, if my neighbours is too weak to conquer, maybe I will have more.

And for the later ages, the stablity will be not the most important problem. Instead of that, is the financial problem. When you have the federal, you can avoid it.

The last advice, always fort your cities by your armies.

I started a new game this time on prince difficulty:

I found a new city (Antium with Romans) and guess what? exactly the same faction appears (egyptians) and revolt! bah, I was the founder of a religion and they were fortified with at least 5 units there... no chance. I had to give up. Now I only have one city and I can´t do anything because the egyptians surrounded my borders with their cities! funny isn´t it? :mad:

so I have to wait until the industrial age to found new cities with this mod now? :crazyeye:

thx for advice btw...

so I have to wait until the industrial age to found new cities with this mod now?

Say What!?? I don't think so.

While the REVDCM portion of AND, and RoM for that matter, can be frustrating it's Not That Restrictive.

Unless you just "Have to Play" REVDCM try the modmod with that option turned off to get a feel for the rest of the modmod. I hope that afforess will always make the REVDCM an Option and not mandatory.

JosEPh :)

While the REVDCM portion of AND, and RoM for that matter, can be frustrating it's Not That Restrictive.

Unless you just "Have to Play" REVDCM try the modmod with that option turned off to get a feel for the rest of the modmod. I hope that afforess will always make the REVDCM an Option and not mandatory.

You don't have to play with Revolutions on.

I changed my PLE option to Horizontal grouping.

I fortified my units after I got the town watchman and this came up.

Then I went to BUG options and tried to change the Draw to BUG and then to PLE. Neither solved that problem.

So WTF is up with the black square? Never happened in older BUG version... I like my units being horizontally grouped by unit type.

UPDATE:

I just exchanged the new BugPleOptionsTab.py for the old one from my winrar-ed RoM that I hold in reserve for clean install. The problem is solved as far as I can tell.

The path to that file is:
Rise of Mankind/Assets/Python/BUG/Tabs

You are right about Revolutions being an option.... permanently :). No hoping :).

To repeat what you said above at later time would be like saying the carbon atom is made up of 6 protons. :)

Spoiler :

Am I the only person who has this graphic problem? Every city I build displays a silver star instead of city defense mark(dark sandglass or tower, I remember). And the city's :yuck: does not appear in the city bar. It really bothers my playing... :sad:

Two things that I have experienced with Beta 4.5.

1. After my city got unhealty, the :yuck: icon never shows up. Anybody else seen this?

2. I've tried the "changing of difficulty level" (don't remember the name for it). Whats up with revolutions when I tried this? I built my second city about 100 turns in game and after another 20-50 turns that city was gone due to revolution and being sacked by the new civ. Am I starting on too high diff level to begin with?

EDIT: After some more testing, I can fairly say that once you connect your second city to the capital Rev goes berserk. When not connected to capital it loses maybe 1% or something every turn. When I connect it to capital it gets "Distant location 170" and loses maybe 25% per turn.

AND Log:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations}

EDIT2: Added Screenshots before and after I connect second city to capital.

If you are having game font problems, try a clean install.

Heh, heh. I'm sensing a note of hysteria in this thread. I urge everyone to take a couple deep breaths and re-read the OP. Particularly the line that says
"Please remember that you are beta testing, this is in no way representative of the final product, nor all the features."

Okay, to everyone's bug reports.

@lichen8566,

I don't agree that early siege weapons should always remain effective. Tiny catapults flinging rocks at a castle wall will be wholly ineffictive and cause no damage. It forces the player to keep ahead of the game in terms of siege units. I lowered the maximum defense rate, (Which is in the global defines Alt, so you can fiddle with it yourself) to 75% to keep most units still somewhat effective.

As for your other issue with upgrading siege units, did you build the required building for those siege units? You can not upgrade a trebechut to a cannon without a Cannon Foundry in the city.

To those of you with issues with the City Bar icons,

I noticed the issue with the unhealthy icon and have corrected it. The issue itself stems from the resource fix I recently implemented.

For the other error, icons showing up incorrectly, could I please have a copy of your A New Dawn log?

Zimbaa,

I just tried exactly the same situation as you described. I did not see the bug, the city's revolt meter went down like normal when I connected the city. Is there anything else that you did?

To those of you with bug reports about the latest PLE (Plot List Enhancements)

I updated to the very latest developmental version of BUG, which means some of their features are not 100% working. I know the BUG team is currently re-writing the way the PLE work, which may have temporarily broken it. I urge you not to use it.

RobO,

It may be that your graphics card can not handle the new amount of units that have to be drawn on the map.

Re: AND Uninstaller

Yes, it is broken. I am currently working on fixing it.

BarbarianCiv bug reports

There is a bug in RevDCM's barbarianCiv, I reported it already. For now, just ignore the event handler errors regard BarbarianCiv, it has no immediate effect on game play.

CivTbone

Try re-installing the Beta on a clean copy of RoM 2.81.

Any errors I missed?

Also, please don't bump your posts or repeat your questions unless a sufficient number of days have passed without a response (2-3). Bumping posts just causes clutter and makes it harder for me to address actual bugs.

To those of you with bug reports about the latest PLE (Plot List Enhancements)

I updated to the very latest developmental version of BUG, which means some of their features are not 100% working. I know the BUG team is currently re-writing the way the PLE work, which may have temporarily broken it. I urge you not to use it.

Also, please don't bump your posts or repeat your questions unless a sufficient number of days have passed without a response (2-3). Bumping posts just causes clutter and makes it harder for me to address actual bugs.

First about bumping. Sorry, my bad. Won't do it again unnecessarily anymore.

About PLE, why don't you just NOT install that certain feature and just leave the old one alone till the new one is ironed out because I really need that horizontal groupings of unit types for my low vision. Not just a visual effect for me, but a visual necessity.

Thank you for your patience!

About PLE, why don't you just NOT install that certain feature and just leave the old one alone till the new one is ironed out because I really need that horizontal groupings of unit types for my low vision. Not just a visual effect for me, but a visual necessity.

Thank you for your patience!

'Cause I didn't know it was broken until after the release. I was just updating to the latest RevDCM, which apparently, had the latest BUG in it as well. I didn't know it was too late. I will revert to the older PLE styles until BUG finishes changing them; for future releases anyway.

Zimbaa,

I just tried exactly the same situation as you described. I did not see the bug, the city's revolt meter went down like normal when I connected the city. Is there anything else that you did?

No, thats the weird thing. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I always play with rev on, beacuse I really like the way the game plays with it. The only option that was new that I tried with my costum game was the "flexible diff".

Can it just be something broken with my install? Haven't touched anything exept to change city build range from 2 to 3.

I just have to not connect the new cities to my capital for now then :)

I was just testing and I noticed that the Theory of Evolution great wonder seems to be missing from the Sevopedia, and I don't know if this has been changed, but it used to give two free tech's on completion, now I get nothing?

I was just testing and I noticed that the Theory of Evolution great wonder seems to be missing from the Sevopedia, and I don't know if this has been changed, but it used to give two free tech's on completion, now I get nothing?

Read this thread. The wonder got moved to a project.

For some reason Civ doesn't seem to save my Rev/DCM in-game options. I have to reselect my chosen settings every time I load a save game.. :( Hardly a major problem, since I play with the same options every time (emergency draft, advanced air bombardment, etc etc etc), but I thought it worthy of being pointed out..

@lichen8566,

I don't agree that early siege weapons should always remain effective. Tiny catapults flinging rocks at a castle wall will be wholly ineffictive and cause no damage. It forces the player to keep ahead of the game in terms of siege units. I lowered the maximum defense rate, (Which is in the global defines Alt, so you can fiddle with it yourself) to 75% to keep most units still somewhat effective.

As for your other issue with upgrading siege units, did you build the required building for those siege units? You can not upgrade a trebechut to a cannon without a Cannon Foundry in the city.

First of all, I'm sorry for the bumping if I did it. I thought you missed it before.

I'm argree your opinion about early siege weapons. I just think it should not take 1% damage at least ( it's actually %3 for 300% city defenses ) or not. But it looks hard to change. So be it......

And for the cannon forge you reminded, you're right. I added a cannon forge to the city by WB that can not perform upgrading before, and it worked. In the last time, the catapult which I just moved it into my border can be upgraded, but the trebuchets in the same tile can not. Why? I don't remember that if I destroyed the city I just captured before upgrading and it has a cannon forge. If did it, maybe that's why. I'm sorry for worrying you about this issue, I'm really not familiar with AND.

PS. Does my photo look like blind without eye? I took it in the Forbidden City, the sunshine was too strong on that day. :)

For some reason Civ doesn't seem to save my Rev/DCM in-game options. I have to reselect my chosen settings every time I load a save game.. :( Hardly a major problem, since I play with the same options every time (emergency draft, advanced air bombardment, etc etc etc), but I thought it worthy of being pointed out..

I solved it by two possible ways (choose one because I don't know which of them did it)...

1. I do the options that I like then do it all over again. Every time I do the options, I end the turn. Then I save the game. I do it twice only. Thereafter, the BUG options are saved. Incidentally, after I save the game, I leave the game completely, then start up RoM again. So be prepared to wait to play your game for real after about 15 or so minutes.

2. I checked off Logging in the BUG Options, forgot the name of the tab, it is at the far right area. I checked off the Logging there. That might had saved my options. I added this possibility because I did it the second time I went through the options to fit my preferences.

Or it just might be something completely different from the above solutions and I just stumbled on it unwittingly because now all my BUG options are saved. :)

Top Bottom