• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A New Dawn Beta Builds

About time topic:

Well, I'm tired of trying to figure out the dates and the above comments resonated with me. So I went into BUG option board and went to Clock tab. I found the checkbox that turned off dates if I checked it off. I liked it a lot.

So my next OS79 GameSpeed Turnincrement modmod will be exact replica of Zappara except for adding enough turns to bring the game up to 2200 CE, scaled to the Gamespeeds. Expect it to come out today later.

Afforess, please toss out my old GameSpeed Turnincrements modmod when you get my new version.

EVERYONE ELSE: PAY ATTENTION!!!

If you feel annoyed by the dates in your game and complain to me, my only answer will be silence :). No offense but I DO agree with Afforess about dates being illogical in this game. So if you want to be NOT annoyed, just go into BUG options and go to Clock tab and turn it off :).
Cheers!

Great, I'll just set the default option in the config to hide the year; most users don't mess with their config much, so most users will be much happier. ;)

Great, I'll just set the default option in the config to hide the year; most users don't mess with their config much, so most users will be much happier. ;)

Hey Afforess, get this lemon and make a lemonade. Build a mod that selects an pre-determined event in the game and name its year as 0. It can be the first discover of an important tech, or another thing, you name it.

I just had one of my sheep resources exhausted. Is that supposed to happen? Is it part of some other selectable part since I'm reasonably sure I deselected the resource depletion part.

Also, are river ports supposed to retain the 1 happy 1 unhealthy part?

I like having the year in the game. It's a legacy thing, as well an arbitrary figure to use as a stick with which to beat myself :)

I would be happy also if you turn on all the boxes in the RevDCM tab Siege Options, Battle Options (Except Stack Attack which is unstable), Air Force Options and Naval Actions. I have to turn all of them on before each game. I feel they all add to the game a lot.

Hmm, I appear to be getting the slowdown problem that StrategyOnly reported on previously. It suddenly started after a certain point (before which all was smooth), but I couldn't determine what it might have been.

To clarify, I don't mean that the turns were slower (which is of course perfectly normal as the game goes on and the CPU gets loaded) but the graphics became all 'stuttery' and jerky. I can't think what might have caused it. Formations mod maybe, due to more units? I should note that I have a pretty decent PC (i7 920 @ 3.33, 6GB RAM, GTX 260) so it must have been something quite taxing on the performance.

Sorry can't be more specific, but let me know if there is any specific detail required for diagnosis.

But I always thought they could not be worked either at the beginning of the game?
You can work them, just not move a unit onto it.

Hmm, I appear to be getting the slowdown problem that StrategyOnly reported on previously. It suddenly started after a certain point (before which all was smooth), but I couldn't determine what it might have been.

To clarify, I don't mean that the turns were slower (which is of course perfectly normal as the game goes on and the CPU gets loaded) but the graphics became all 'stuttery' and jerky. I can't think what might have caused it. Formations mod maybe, due to more units? I should note that I have a pretty decent PC (i7 920 @ 3.33, 6GB RAM, GTX 260) so it must have been something quite taxing on the performance.

Sorry can't be more specific, but let me know if there is any specific detail required for diagnosis.
This would be the fram-rate drop. How many civs are you playing with? It seems that having more then 12 causes it to drop for me. I also don't use the Formations mod.

Nice PC there.

You can work them, just not move a unit onto it.

This would be the fram-rate drop. How many civs are you playing with? It seems that having more then 12 causes it to drop for me. I also don't use the Formations mod.

Yeah it has in provided alittle with 10, right now i an trying 15 civs with Rev/Barb Civ on. I am in Renaissance era now, it has slowed alittle but not like it was with 7/8.
I also never play with Formations on, i feel no unit should be bigger than 3, except for the settler and Warlords. Just keeps it faster and why have 6 warriors when 3 will work better/faster anyways.

Also you might want to check out the No Building Graphics in the Unloaded Modules area, plus there are some static leaders, and static movies around some place, it all helps with the speed.

I dont play on anything above Normal Game speed( i am to inpatient), but i have noticed that on Quick and Blitz, it takes alot longer for turns for some reason:confused:

But as i always say, just remember to "Have Fun.":goodjob:

NBA fan is right, that's a frame rate drop. It tends to happen when the processor(s) are overloaded with things to do, usually if you have 3+ programs open at the same time, or if your computer is in the middle of a full hardware virus scan.

I can't launch a custom game with 1.60beta10 installed.

RoM 2.81
ROME (xml changes only)
AND 1.60beta10

Can't get out of the Full-of-Resources screen. I can launch a custom game just fine if I uninstall AND.

ESC to exit any python screen that pops up. Or delete the full of resources mapscript.

Personally I like having the year displayed, I like to see how fast I can beat "reality" especially when I launch a starship in 1866 LOL

I won't be removing it; you can just turn it back on in the BUG Panel.

Well, this is odd. I figured out how to get the installer to work for me.

Normally, I install to my gamepath, which is c:\Games (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

The installer gives me an error every time.

I made a dummy path, with the full RoM in there.. C:\Program Files(x86)\etc... and it installs flawlessly. I just simply copy it over to my actual folder, and voila. This is a strange installer, heh.

I cannot hear any BGM with Beta5. I started from ancient era first. and played from medivel era second. both of games did not play BGM. To make sure, I also played vanilla and could hear BGM. Is it beta5 bug?

Just same as my quotation. Background music(e.g. gregorian chant and hymns in medieval era.) is disappeared. I know that this music problem was fixed with Beta6. But it happend again in Beta10. I hope you can fix it easily :)

a small request, can you make a mod or a feature that allow us to disable my workers from building forts? i really dislike my workers building forts on resources... just feel very unrealistic.

Then simply don't automatic your workers.

Just same as my quotation. Background music(e.g. gregorian chant and hymns in medieval era.) is disappeared. I know that this music problem was fixed with Beta6. But it happend again in Beta10. I hope you can fix it easily :)

The background music works fine for me in beta 10. And I have no problems with setting up a custom game, either (that's all I play).

The background music works fine for me in beta 10. And I have no problems with setting up a custom game, either (that's all I play).

Fool me! I found I've installed other version of AND. After new installing beta10, it works. thx for correcting me :blush:

Top Bottom