A New Dawn Beta Builds

is it me or AND 1.76 B5 becomes highly unstable towards the late game?
I am playing on a large map with 9 nations with a pretty beefy machine...

is it me or AND 1.76 B5 becomes highly unstable towards the late game?
I am playing on a large map with 9 nations with a pretty beefy machine...

If you have repeatable failures post a save game with instructions on how to repeat from the save. This is assuming you mean either CTDs or end turn hangs anyway. Graphical corruption or MAFs are not addressable (the core engine appears to have graphical memory leaks outside of the ciode we have control over, so you might find as the game gets more intensive in terms of numbners of units and so on you have to restart every few 10s of turns)

Is the bug where unit strength is not shown in the info windows being fixed for the next beta release? I can't find my way around that SVN thing, so please just tell me if I shouldn't hold my breath.

Is the bug where unit strength is not shown in the info windows being fixed for the next beta release? I can't find my way around that SVN thing, so please just tell me if I shouldn't hold my breath.

I have not worked on it, so unless Afforess plans to then no (nobody but me has pushed any chnages to SVN for the DLL for 4 or 5 weeks, so if Aff plans to he has not yet done so)

the strength bug is indeed very annoying, but the game is great so far. I'll try a game on another computer to see if it is as unstable on another one on large maps.
Something I noticed also playing on epic speed, is that dates are really really off. I discover gunpowder in 1000 BC in Emperor difficulty... is it because the game is set for Marathon speed?

Hit enter and it crashes. This save uses the compatibility option.

Attachments

• t.zip
    747.2 KB · Views: 46
Hit enter and it crashes. This save uses the compatibility option.

Thanks for the save game. It was a bug in the code for spy nuke missions - basically it wa trying to manipulate the spy unit after he had blown himself up. Fix and built DLL pushed to SVN, and verified against your save game.

I may be missing something here but here goes...
I have Monarchy tech for a long time.
I checked Civilopedia and there is no resource requirements (am I right?)
Well, the bug is this:
I'm not seeing Meeting Hall anywhere in any building list. I wonder why?

Meeting Hall requires a unit of level 4 experience or higher. This requirement is only visible by mousing over the production selection queue from the city screen.

Foul

Aha, that!

Thanks. I was scared but now I'm satisfied. It is the price you pay to have Dynamic Experience option on, that you don't see high experienced units very quickly.
But I'm glad it is not a bug!

First of all, thanks for the great mod, I enjoy it a lot.

A question, I tried to follow the steps on the first page to compile an installer, but after downloading well over 1gb the installer it compiles is only 1.65mb large. Is that correct? I haven't run it yet.

The install folder you compile from should be in the 3 GB range. So looks like you timed out or something.

Foul

rev 548
- Financial trait says it gives +1 :commerce: from :trade:. But it doesn't.
- Base commerce doesn't count in rational numbers, it only takes the truncated integer of the total commerce. So the extra commerce you get from for instance trade bonuses (like connection to capital) is lost. Can this be fixed?

The install folder you compile from should be in the 3 GB range. So looks like you timed out or something.

Foul

Hmmm, it actually is 3gigs large. Strange thing is, the script doesn't give errors, it just seems to only pack the .xml files into the installer.

The installer it creates is 867 MB. So something's definitely wrong. Did you wait long enough for it to complete? Even on a fast machine, it can sit there looking like it's frozen for 15 minutes or so.

Assuming it did successfully complete, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Did you point InstallJammer to "A New Dawn Install Script" (correct one), or "Patch Install Script"?

Foul

It says completed, and gives a link to the installer after 5 seconds. No errors, and I did use the install script. (I tried the patch script afterwards, but it errored out on me)
The SVN seems fine too (it has that tick mark on the folder). I'll just wait on the next beta installer to hit.
Thanks for the help.

I still really love this mod, it's pretty much the only way I play. However, I have no idea how to address the multiplayer issues with RoM-AND. OOS errors (the unrecoverable kind that persist through reloads of the last autosave) seem to become increasingly more common the later in to the game one gets. Particularly, it appears impossible to make it past the late-medieval/early-renaissance age. OOS errors appear at the beginning of every turn, typically after a brief pause, and almost never during a turn. Thus, it seems to me that something involving the AI or some sort of event/scripting is causing the problem.

Personally, I know nothing of debugging, but I'd be willing to start learning if it helps solve this problem, especially since we have SVN going now. Koshling, you seem to be doing good work lately. Any advice? Maybe even just a way to get around whatever is causing the OOS in order to keep playing...

I attached a savegame file (not sure it will help). I downloaded the latest SVN files (revision 550 it looks like) of 1.76 beta 5 and built the install. My girlfriend and I started a game from a fresh install of that and made it ~280 turns in before it became unplayable.

Also... anybody else notice that PitBoss doesn't work for this mod? (Instant OOS, even with one player)

Attachments

• Multiplayer_Save_27-8-2011.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
So after moving cross-country, I was finally able to play a bit using SVNv546.

Keep getting a CTD. CTD occurs at the beginning of my turn. Usually occurs when a splash screen comes up (tech, random event, and/or diplomacy). Sometimes I can get through 1-2 splash screens before its freezes then CTD.

I think it has to be tied to a random event, or AI logic as if I start up the same turn enough times, eventually it'll "get lucky" and go through.

I turned on debugging on the BUG menu, and XML bugging in the global defines. Hopefully this is enough to go on. I made some "custom" changes to the XML (not many) while I was playing around, so I don't know if a save game could be loaded.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I don't know if its a CTD or a infinite loop. I'm thinking loop since I'm not seeing an error message before the crash, and it hangs. To Maatissi's point, I'm not running Revolutions, and my error is different, so probably 2 different issues (perhaps).
EDIT: If I need to change something or turn something on to get the logging right, please let me know!

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    765.3 KB · Views: 49
Keep getting a CTD. CTD occurs at the beginning of my turn. Usually occurs when a splash screen comes up (tech, random event, and/or diplomacy). Sometimes I can get through 1-2 splash screens before its freezes then CTD.

I think it has to be tied to a random event, or AI logic as if I start up the same turn enough times, eventually it'll "get lucky" and go through.

I turned on debugging on the BUG menu, and XML bugging in the global defines. Hopefully this is enough to go on. I made some "custom" changes to the XML (not many) while I was playing around, so I don't know if a save game could be loaded.

- I agree there is something fishy in the starting of a turn from time to time... I think it is the Revolutions component which sometimes fails to work properly. This may result in a CTD or just an error message displayed in the start of the turn announcements (with the supposed-to-be-revolution not happening), or as you put it "getting lucky" and have the event working normally.

I keep my autosave interval setting to save every other turn, and frequently save at the end of the turn just in case (especially after a long turn in a war), and seem to get through the CTD's eventually by the good old "crash-curse-load" method... :badcomp:

Though, needless to say, it is VERY frustrating... :mad:

I attach here a save file prone to CTD on the next turn, beta 5 with mega civ pack, full compatibility save. I don't know if it helps solving the problem, but here goes for nothing...

(Apparently the forum doesn't let you to upload files larger than 2 megs, so here is a link to it in a different location):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/joppek/temp/uikuriluikuri.CivBeyondSwordSave

*EDIT: Sorry, it is some 2-3 turns and there is a revolution in my Aztec vassal nation, seems to crash always at this point. The crash starts by the Civ+Leader panel on the right disappearing and then it is a CTD...*

Sorry for double posting, but here is a screenshot of the error message which appears before CTD (appeared again in a different game).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom