A New Dawn Beta Builds

Happened again, same error.

Complete reinstall, used custom install with beta3

Attachments

• Logs1.rar
    909.9 KB · Views: 52
I don't see any MP logs in there. Could you double check that your Civilization4.INI looks like this?
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

To clarify, Wildfire, your logs don't show the MPlog, which is essential for me to track down the bug. Unregisiter, your logging is fine.

That's what it looks like in my folder. I checked my logs folder as well and don't see any MPlog hmm

just did it again and now my logs folder only has these...

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    10.9 KB · Views: 70
We just 'recreated' the OOS and I still don't have that file in my folder.

Odd though, it seemed like the OOS occurred when either

a) I spread taoism to my city
b) I went into city view just after i spread the religion

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    308.3 KB · Views: 54
synch log = 0 now.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    311.8 KB · Views: 47
Hey Afforess, I seem to have a weird occurrence going on in my current beta 2 game on RoM 2.9; when I give gold to the AI it doesn't register in the diplomacy screen.

Hey Afforess, I seem to have a weird occurrence going on in my current beta 2 game on RoM 2.9; when I give gold to the AI it doesn't register in the diplomacy screen.

Can you post your save and A New Dawn.log (Log found in the Rise of Mankind folder.)

Hi Afforess,

Just a minor thing. Could you turn off Kamikazee for auto promotions? Or at least make it an option (with the default to off)?

Yeah. There were a couple other promotions that should not be there given too, I'll make sure to disable them.

Can you post your save and A New Dawn.log (Log found in the Rise of Mankind folder.)

Here you go

Spoiler :
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Zoology Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Deep-Red Interface} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions}

Custom

Attachments

• Catherine AD-0815.CivBeyondSwordSave
    916.4 KB · Views: 65
A few comments from playing with betas 1 and 2 a bit.
- The 1.70 betas seem to have fixed my Mass Media problems.
- As of beta 2 the problem with guild headquarters blocking new corporations after becoming obsolete remains. Specifically, I can't build corporation headquarters in cities that have the obsolete guild headquarters if the guild would compete with the corporation before obsoletion. I'm not sure if it would block an executive from expanding the corp into the city because I'd quickly "fixed" that problem with the worldbuilder, but the HQ construction was definitely blocked.
- Is it intentional for automated workers to keep to one landmass after a land connection to another one is estabilished through a tunnel?
- Speaking of tunnels - the description of the "Sea Tunnels" mod component implies that jumplanes should allow land units to pass through water tiles, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. Granted, it also implies that you can build grav tubes on water tiles, and it doesn't imply the existence of the tunnel improvement itself, so it may or may not be intentional.
- Also related to the sea tunnel / jumplane thing - my workboats are unable to build jumplanes on tiles that have tunnels. It's probably like that the other way around, but I haven't checked now that I think about it. Since you can't automate the workboats for water infrastructure construction (I think) this restriction could probably be removed unless it'd break the AI or something.

Oh, and since I'm typing this anyway, I have a little feature request - unless I'm missing something crucial, modern mines are just mines that are better than their previous iterations in pretty much every way, and the same goes for vertical and regular farms. I don't trust worker automation enough to fully automate the workers, so what I'd like to see would be if there was an option for the workers to do automatic infrastructure improvement (which usually works just fine, except for that tunnels and different landmasses thing) and also replace the old mine and farm types with the new ones. I don't know how feasible that is, but still, it'd be great.

A few comments from playing with betas 1 and 2 a bit.
- The 1.70 betas seem to have fixed my Mass Media problems.
- As of beta 2 the problem with guild headquarters blocking new corporations after becoming obsolete remains. Specifically, I can't build corporation headquarters in cities that have the obsolete guild headquarters if the guild would compete with the corporation before obsoletion. I'm not sure if it would block an executive from expanding the corp into the city because I'd quickly "fixed" that problem with the worldbuilder, but the HQ construction was definitely blocked.

Looking into it.

- Is it intentional for automated workers to keep to one landmass after a land connection to another one is estabilished through a tunnel?
- Speaking of tunnels - the description of the "Sea Tunnels" mod component implies that jumplanes should allow land units to pass through water tiles, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. Granted, it also implies that you can build grav tubes on water tiles, and it doesn't imply the existence of the tunnel improvement itself, so it may or may not be intentional.
- Also related to the sea tunnel / jumplane thing - my workboats are unable to build jumplanes on tiles that have tunnels. It's probably like that the other way around, but I haven't checked now that I think about it. Since you can't automate the workboats for water infrastructure construction (I think) this restriction could probably be removed unless it'd break the AI or something.

All of those sounds like bugs. I never wrote the Sea Tunnel code, I inherited it. Time to go back and rework a bunch of it. *sigh*

Oh, and since I'm typing this anyway, I have a little feature request - unless I'm missing something crucial, modern mines are just mines that are better than their previous iterations in pretty much every way, and the same goes for vertical and regular farms. I don't trust worker automation enough to fully automate the workers, so what I'd like to see would be if there was an option for the workers to do automatic infrastructure improvement (which usually works just fine, except for that tunnels and different landmasses thing) and also replace the old mine and farm types with the new ones. I don't know how feasible that is, but still, it'd be great.

Usually, my problem isn't that feature x isn't feasible, but that it is feasible, but I lack time. ;) I will certainly add this to my todo though, it sounds like a good idea.

Wait! Like which ones? Not the Warlord/Noble ones I hope :religion:

Yeah those. :mischief:

here it is again!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    432.7 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom