A New Name

My two cents:

CP => An Unofficial Patch

CBP => Balance of Power

I kind of like Balance of Power. It has a nice double-meaning to it. Although it makes it sound as though there's something imbalanced about my Rise to Power :p

I'd stand behind leaving the Community Patch name, though - unlike the CBP, there isn't really much room for contention over it being the AI-/bug-fixing mod. And because of the Rule of One DLL, a definitive name like this isn't the worst idea.

I kind of like Balance of Power. It has a nice double-meaning to it. Although it makes it sound as though there's something imbalanced about my Rise to Power :p

Both your Rise to Power and the other modpack on this site Call to Power. This is made even worse of the 'Community' part stays around as the other modpack is called Community Call to Power Project :D

It plays nicely in my headcanon, too :p The CPP taking up the role as Global Modding Police Force, checking the power of the JFD and Janboruta Empire - oh! Call it Pax Moddicana :D

As mentioned earlier you could technically just take some of these badass sounding non-sense word-combinations, I mean that to me is kinda what Balance of Power sounds like anyways. Some examples would be:

A New Horizon
Rise of Empires
Trade and Conquest
Trade and Industry
Trade and Treachery
Empires of Industry
Clash of Empires(/Industry)(/Trade)
The Sun Never Sets
And so on.

I kind of like Balance of Power. It has a nice double-meaning to it. Although it makes it sound as though there's something imbalanced about my Rise to Power[emoji14]

I'd stand behind leaving the Community Patch name, though - unlike the CBP, there isn't really much room for contention over it being the AI-/bug-fixing mod. And because of the Rule of One DLL, a definitive name like this isn't the worst idea.
If the word power is a "problem" here, a synonym can be used maybe. I was thinking of the word might, so it would become:

Balance of Might

It sounds not as good to the ear for me, but takes away the confusing part (if there are no mods that have the word might in it). And just to play with your minds, how about we give it a twist:

Might of Balance

Civ 5: Balanced Victory

Civ 5: Community Victory

Civ 5: Balanced World

Civ 5: Overhauled Victory

Civ 5: Renovated

Wait, Gazebo, what was the name of your first pet and the name of the street you first lived on?

Wait, Gazebo, what was the name of your first pet and the name of the street you first lived on?

I can just imagine it.

Civ 5: Roover and the 51st street.

EDIT: Meh, reality sucks :D

How about Project Phoenix? Arrogant as all hell and not really that descriptive, but it sounds pretty cool.

Project Phoenix was already a thing long ago, although I don't think it ever came to fruition. It was something to do with Moriboe and Pouakai (probably Sukritact, too), but I know next to nothing about it. Not an attempt to dissuade - just wanted to point it out.

Project Phoenix was already a thing long ago, although I don't think it ever came to fruition. It was something to do with Moriboe and Pouakai (probably Sukritact, too), but I know next to nothing about it. Not an attempt to dissuade - just wanted to point it out.

Project Phoenix have been a thing in a bunch of other games as well, didn't find anything on civ5 and project phoenix however, and I still don't, silly google.

Right to Rule?
Eternal Empires?
Birth of a Nation?

Right to Rule was going to be the name of Rise to Power, but people didn't really like that because it sounded to much like Reform and Rule.

Man, I'm running out of ideas, never thought I'd see that day.

Commerce and Industry?
New Day Rising?
Commerce and Warfare?
Captains of Capitalism?
Build the World?
Titans of History?
Empires of the Sun?
Dawn of Empires?
Dawn of History?

Civ: NEO (NeverEnding Overhaul) has everything:

It's descriptive, it's an easy and market name, it's latin, it's funny, it isn't cocky, ...
who can offer more?

Shamelessly bumping this; I don't want it to simply go unnoticed by Gazebo (and Funak) >->

I wonder if there's another P word that can replace power to keep the CBP acronym. Like Princes or Parliament or Production.

Top Bottom