A New Name

Nah, this is quite important so better not to rush.
Let more people suggest (and discard) more things before polls.

Yes, of course. Didn't say that it should be done immediatly, only made the suggestion that a poll could help out if he couldn't choose out of the names.

Also, Gazebo alone?! There's dozens of us. Dozens!

G

Fun fact: I proposed to my wife in a gazebo at the Dreams resort in La Romona, Dominican Republic

As for the name, there really doesn't need to be a CPP, CP, and CBP since you can't use CBP without the CP.

So, drop the CPP, leave CP as is, and rename the CBP to Civilization: Balance Enhancements or Civ:BE . . . oh wait.

You could carry on Communitas' naming convention of VEM and GEM, and call it BEM (Brave New World Enhancement Mod). Since this is basically an extension of the work they started, it would be a nod in their direction.

For a simple name, I like: Civ 5 Salvation

Or something that just rolls off the tongue: CRAKR
Civilization: Ramkhamhaeng, Ashurbanipal and Kamehameha Reborn

Now that England got a name-change on their UA we could totally steal the old name...
Civ 5: The Sun Never Sets

Yeah that's perfect :D

Riffing on the Community aspect of the CBP, we could call it Civ V E Plurbus Unum. Out of many, one.

Civilization Padding Project (CPP)
Civlization Paragon Project
Civilization Paschal Project :D
Civilization Passional Project
Civilization Patriot Project
Civilization Pattern Project
Civilization Pearl Project
Civilization Peppy Project
Civilization Percussive Project
Civilization Perennial Project
Civilization Perfect Project

Civ V: Unleashed!, made up of Civ V: ReImaged and Civ V:ReImagined

I think Vox Populi is awful. Few people can understand latin - it will turn people off.

[*]Civ 5: Ultimate Community Project (for the whole thing)
[*]Civ 5: Ultimate Balance Enhancement (for CBP)
[*]Civ 5: Ultimate Vanilla Experience (for CPP)
[/List].

Good names here, but we should keep it simple.

UBM Ultimate Balance Mod (for the whole thing)

UVM Ultimate Vanilla Mod (for just the CP alone)

I don't think we need a third name.

Latin is not only non-descripte, but it carries a "this is highbrow and complicated" vibe that will turn people off of even trying the mod.

Civ5 Reborn: a Community Vanilla Enhancement mod

or something of the like. Name is descriptive but not boring, and the full description is in the title. Best of all worlds.

Latin is not only non-descripte, but it carries a "this is highbrow and complicated" vibe that will turn people off of even trying the mod.

or something of the like. Name is descriptive but not boring, and the full description is in the title. Best of all worlds.

Because this mod is really simple :crazyeye:

Besides, Vox populi is a wink to the redesigned diplomatic victory (for me, the most radical change), though it refers to the way the mod is designed.

I think Vox Populi is awful. Few people can understand latin - it will turn people off.

Good names here, but we should keep it simple.

UBM Ultimate Balance Mod (for the whole thing)

UVM Ultimate Vanilla Mod (for just the CP alone)

I don't think we need a third name.

I agree with these posts, even a boring name is better than a Latin name. I can just imagine Marbozir trying to pronounce these phrases at his normal 120 words per minute intro (not that that is the dealbreaker, but honestly, you want something that's easy to say).

If we can't figure out a good overhaul name we could just pick a standard civ5 expansion pack name, they are usually semi-descriptive 3word combinations.

Top Bottom