1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Show of Fear in a Handful of Dust

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Sonereal, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

The Kaiser sides with the nobility.

2. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Can I please send orders tomorrow?

3. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Lucky day.

Orders lock delayed a day.

4. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

The Glorious Bundeskaiser Graff Von Zollernhertz, Sovereign ruler of the GrosseOccitanian Bundesreich and direct descendant of our lord in heaven, decrees that the Separatist faction has overstepped by a landslide, and that their actions against the nobility will be punished accordingly.

[Condemn the Separatist faction.]

5. Sonereal

First orders lock at Noon. I have class from 10PM to 9AM tomorrow, so expect second lock (combat lock) on Wednesday.

Changes to update format

Here is how future updates will go.

Sunday: First orders lock.
    Monday: Second lock on Mondays if there is an invasion. Invaded players may spend whatever money is in their treasury at first lock. If a player didn't send in orders before first lock and is invaded, they can only spend what was in their treasury at the time of the update.
    Tuesday: Nothing, class all day.
    Wednesday: Issues of the Week. Major events are handed out. Response should be included in orders and optionally in thread depending on the event.
    Thursday: Issues of the Day. Minor events usually requiring a pre-given response.
    Friday: Issue of the Day.
    Saturday: Last Issue of the Day for the week.

Since this is a weird week, here is how things will go THIS week.

Today: First Lock.
    Wednesday: Second Lock.
    Thursday: Issue of the Day.
    Friday: Issue of the Day or Week depending on dentist appointment
    Saturday: Issue of the Day
    Sunday: Schedule starts as above.

FAQ

Q. Why?
    A. Spreads an update over more days of the week since individual parts can be pumped out faster. Something something maintaining the illusion of speedy updates.

Q. When does the main update go up? The one with stats and updated map?
    A. Wednesday this week. Mondays if a player is invaded. Sunday otherwise.

Q. Do you have a Paypal I can send money to?
    A. Yes I do please send me all your money. I only accept Bitcoin, Paycoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, BitcoinXT, Western Union money transfers, and prepaid debit and gift cards.

Q. Anything we should be aware of?
    A. I dunno I'll probably get a job and have to wing the schedule entirely who knows??

Q. Ninjacow: Will you have a Patreon?
    A. Not shady enough for me. Stay tuned for a Kickstarter campaign. $1000 asking but the stretch goals include 5000 USD for Update 2 and at $50k I'll send you a physical copy of your country's economic death certificate with my signature.

6. Sonereal

FIRST LOCK
    War in Maryland

Holy Columbia had only just established Maryland and Eastern March and garrisoned a company in each when news arrived that over a hundred thousand soldiers were massing in the north. The lone defense company guarding Maryland March beat a hasty retreat to DC. By sea, over a hundred ships forced Holy Columbia's lone ships to flee up the Potomac.

The enemy has all but overwhelmed Maryland March and has seized territory along the Potomac.

Holy Columbia has no money in its treasury.

Holy Columbia has few choices afforded to it other than borrowing the funds it needs, or leaving the gold standard and printing a currency to pay for the war that has arrived to the doorsteps of DC.

There are no other conflicts because you can't invade countries through territory claimed this turn. For the love of God people, we make fun of YoshIOT three years later for that.

Second lock Wednesday.

Map so far. Note, not all claims have been processed as of yet.

Spoiler :

7. Calgori

Calgori Rapture's Best & Brightest

Dropping

8. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Character Name: Jay’kl
    Name of Great House: Sayrn Dynasty

Diplomacy: 3
    Martial: 12
    Stewardship: 8
    Intrigue: 5
    Learning: 7

Country Name: The Crimson Legion

Government: Theocracy

Religion: Worship of the Great Gear.
    Gearism is focused around the worship of machinery and how machinery functions; the key figure in gearism is the Great Crimson Gear, splashed red by the blood of our people’s enemies. The head of the religion is also the head of the state, and head of the military.

Government Description: The head of state, government, and religion is the High Warlord, and is considered the personification of the Legion’s (and the Gear’s) collective will. His every action is to go towards bettering the Legion, and spreading the Dogma of Engineering. He is elected, upon the death of the former High Warlord, by a council of Political Engineers, who serve as the Legion’s primarily legislative body, concerning themselves primarily with domestic affairs while the High Warlord is fighting foreign wars.
    Upon the death or resignation of a Political Engineer, the High Warlord will appoint a new one.

At a local level, every town and province can have its own set of laws, with its own elected Council of Engineers presiding over the writing and enforcement of them. These small Councils of Engineers are the glue that hold the Legion together, enforcing the will of the High Warlord while also providing for the Legionnaires' specific needs within their own districts.

Education:
    Education is of vital importance to Gearism, and by extension, the Crimson Legion. Teachers are held in the same high regards as priests, and they themselves are among the most elite amongst the Legion’s intellectual corps.
    A child going through the public Legion educational system has his education specialized from the day he is enrolled at the age of seven, learning his trade, language skills, and basic mathematics (if not included in his normal trade education), and the history of Gearism and the Crimson Legion.

Military
    War is as undivorcable from the life of a Legionnaire as water is to a fish, in the words of the great Warlord Styk’al, second High Warlord of the Legion. It is a basic reality of everyone who calls the lands of the Crimson Legion home, and all must work towards the ultimate goal of the state: to spread Gearism. To spread the glory of engineering, logic, and the Great Gear. From the lowliest swordsmen, to the feared Crimson Cavalry, to the elite rifle-wielding Guards who defend the heartland of the Legion, all of them wear the same crimson gear on either shoulder, signifying their loyalty to the Great Gear, Gearism, and the Crimson Legion and all of its Legionnaires working to spread the Word of the Gear to the world.

9. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Character Name: Jimmy
    Name of Great House: Luttrell

Diplomacy: 11
    Martial: 17
    Stewardship: 8
    Intrigue: 9
    Learning: 2

A local folk hero, Jimmy Luttrell is a member of the minor nobility that gained a bloody reputation outside of Appalachee during border conflicts with Illinois and Louisiana. He was one of the chief lieutenants of the Tennessee warlord Tom Oak. After Oak was betrayed and ambushed, Luttrell hunted down his rivals and skinned them alive. A decade later he had built up a pirate fleet on the Mississippi, becoming rich off extortion and banditry. He parleyed this wealth into political power, rising to prominence in the State of Tennessee and adding his considerable domain along the Illinois border to it. Now a gathering of Appalachee notables in Nashville has made him the head of the new unified confederacy. Functionally illiterate, he has a keen mind and a unique understanding of how to blend personality, power, and politics.

Government Type: Republic
    Elective Monarchy: N/A
    Noble Republic: Yes
    Republican Dictatorship: No
    Term Limits: None, Four-Year terms
    Parliament: Yes

Country Name: Union of Appalachee
    Government: Tribal Republic

Religion: Libertarian Christianity

Heavily influenced by Americanist strains and descending from Pentecostal Christianity, Libertarian Christianity blends together the relationship between God, Jesus, and the mythical Founding Fathers (including Washington, Lincoln, Reagun, the Sure Man, Bobby Lee, Elvis, and more) but eschews a formal church hierarchy in favor of a close personal relationship with God (and your preacher and local congregation). This relationship expresses itself in divine gifts, Charisms, such as snake-handling, faith healing, and speaking in tongues. The religion is named for the most important of these gifts, Libertee, brought into the world by Baby Jesus to his chosen people. New members of the faith are initiated through natural baptism, which must occur in a running creek or river. No standardized holy text exists, with multiple translations of the Bible, Atlas Shrugged, and the Constitution into modern Merican. This leads to a heterogeneous, mutually contradictory faith with no established dogma beyond broad principles and cultural mores.

History:

The barbarian clans of the Kentuckee, Tennesssee, and Indee have fiercely resisted incorporation into any larger power, but under increased pressure from the government in Columbia, and the pagans in Ravenwal, they have organized into a state council and elected a governor to coordinate efforts. While dismissed as uncivilized by their neighbors, they maintain strong cultural traditions, a deep and intuitive understanding of mining and hunting, and the kind of pride that only comes from being God's Chosen People. They have lived in this land for a thousand years and hold onto traditions and folklore that dates back to the beginning of the world. Arthur's empire never incorporated them, and the Witch King only conquered them after a long and bloody campaign. And even then, guerrilla warfare would continue to tie down his armies until the end: a pyramid of skulls outside of Nashville the spot where Appalachian tribesmen surrounded one of his armies during the collapse of the empire and butchered all 50,000 men. The military might of the Appalachians allowed them to dominate the lowlands on the western side of the mountain range, where organized polities were slow to form.

Government and Society:

While still unsettled, plans are for an elected Governor confirmed by a state assembly once every four years in Nashville. The territory of the state itself is divided into different tribes, called states, which are dominated by powerful ruling clans. A lieutenant governor exists to fill in if the governor is rendered unable to serve by virtue of illness, stupidity, or death. Tribes themselves are divided into congregations, run by the priesthood, who mediate disputes, arrange marriages outside the immediate community (though inbreeding is common) and possess significant influence over public servants. Cultural values and news are spread by peddlers, traveling judges, and musicians, the last of whom are highly respected on par with the priesthood. Every man is expected to be able to hunt, and fight, in support of his community and family, but a strong artisanal tradition exists in every community. Slavery and serfdom exist, but not on a large scale: while it is every man's god-given right to indenture himself (or those weaker than him) it is frowned upon. The land is highly fertile, making agriculture productive, but the rough hilly terrain restricts the size of farms outside the western lowlands, leading to an abundance of small land-holders.

Education:

It is desirable that an individual be able to read the Bible and other divine works by themselves. While this is an accepted cultural value, it is not always followed, and often children simply memorize key passages. Education is typically handled by the parents, who may be illiterate themselves, supplemented with Sunday Schooling by the local preacher, who may take a more active role if a child's capabilities are far beyond what his parents can offer themselves. Some large congregations have schools, with full or part-time teachers, but this is deeply distrusted in more traditional communities.

Spoiler :

Vassals:

The core territory of Appalachee is the State of Tennessee. All vassals are Noble Republics.
    Kentuckee
    Indee (Indiana)
    Westee (West Virginia)
    Alleganee (Eastern Kentucky)

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

10. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Shadow, your claiming what I claimed this turn. I dont think that is allowed, and even if it is I would politely ask you to simply claim elsewhere, as there is plenty of land to go around.

11. Shadowbound

*spits out tobacco*

Int givun no hear land up ta paggins, onma faith.

OOC: I made use of the most recent update map when designating claims.

12. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

There's only like 4 provinces we claimed anyway and I'm sure Sone will give priority to our claims.

13. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Please see the map 3 posts above your join post. No hard feelings.

14. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

The heavy wooden doors in a harsher time would serve as a defense of last resort. It would survive dozens of bodies hitting against it, though thankfully the crowd outside had not yet resorted to battering the door. We couldn’t have that thought the Empress Those doors are made of mahogany

While the doors served as a visual defense at the least against the crowds, their clamoring could be heard, desperate to petition the Empress. Still, the court was reminded it was better than nothing as the guards slightly cracked the door open to allow a councilor in. The guards shouted at the crowds, ordering them back, but took care not to physically grab or shove. Not only were they outnumbered, but it seemed a great majority of this mob were children of the imperial nobility. The crowd shouted back at them, but did take care to move away from the door. Though they were unused to being denied anything, Rukina supposed that heavily armed men shouting still made an excellent deterrent.

All eyes turned onto the councilor, his once immaculate robes and sashes pulled apart from the crowds demanding an audience. However, to his credit, he ignored the damage and simply bowed low to give his report “Your Majesty, another a trio of brothers, noble by the looks of it, have offered themselves into your service”

Rukina sighed and slouched lower into her throne. Her elder brother shook his head asked “How many does that make now, councilor?”

“Trios of brothers? This is only the tenth” seeing the glare of the Prince the councilor fumbled through his notes “Oh, yes you mean the total number of applicants. Those three bring us to….two thousand three hundred and forty-eight, my Prince. Not counting their retainers of course.”

Rukina gently massaged her temple “Two thousand…” She stood up “Please leave for today, save for my brother, General Hu, Captain Fremont, and Lady Takama.” The few courtiers who had been in the throne room bowed low before departing, no doubt to sell information on what transpired at court to whomever they could, thought the Empress cynically. She almost chuckled. She barely remembered to call herself Empress, it just seemed so...alien, and yet it felt that little had changed. She had thought when she donned the crown that she could slash away the ills of the dynasty, like her sword would cut through wheat, but it seemed whenever she tried attacking a problem, not only did it stay down, but two more sprang up.

The small entourage then followed the Empress into her war room. It was the only room Rukina felt politics made sense. Maps, troops, supply depots, merchant trails...each mapped out in meticulous detail. Rukina toyed with a figure, a small bronze spearmen, twisting it through her fingers “Two thousand, three hundred and forty eight”

Her brother nodded “Your Majesty’s fame precedes her. You have not even given an imperial address, yet your name rings as the Empress who will give us another thousand years of prosperity. We should be honored that so many of our people wish to serve.”

Lady Tanaka chuckled “My Prince, please. They do not serve out of the goodness of their heart.” Turning to the Empress she said “Your Majesty, I recognized many of the crests, if not the faces of the people in that hall. Near every clan from the Valley has sent a second daughter or a son to carry your banner. No doubt so that when a new Kuīnrūru for the Valley is to be chosen they can talk about how brave their child was when they served or fought or died for you. They get to make a case for themselves, and they put the cost of rearing a noble child upon the crown. These new servants will demand salaries, housing, food, and to deny it would be an insult to their houses. This is a...precarious situation to be sure. Perhaps the guards could use a few more men though?”

Captain Fremont, rubbing his thick black beard, shook his head. His regalia, that of a bear on a field of white and red, signified his position of the Captain of the Imperial City’s Guard. Though he did not hold a post as prestigious as a guard for the Empress, the Fremont family had served the dynasty for generations, and the current Captain Fremont was instrumental in securing the crown for Rukina with his guards. “Your Majesty, right now I’m still wary of adding more guards to the service. You may be crowned, but those damnable eunuchs still lurk in their corners, plotting. Every man and woman I have now would die a thousand times for you. I’d hesitate to add new bodies that might have treasonous thoughts. Besides, we had to use much of our budget to get those guards of more...disloyal persuasions off of the watch before Your Majesty’s crowning.”

General Hu picked up a figure as well, this time an iron swordsman, and she moved it to the Imperial City “The guard is too small in this state, Captain Fremont. Just last night my soldiers had to break up a fight between six of these brats, but not before they tore the bar apart!”

“What? And have me add potentially disloyal elements to the guard again?”

Prince Mako shook his head “We cannot have that.” He sighed wistfully “If only we could just move them all into the sea. That’d solve the problem.”

Rukina stared at the map “Maybe not a bad idea. But instead of into the sea, how about past the river?”

The others looked at her quizzically, before General Hu broke the silence “Surely you don’t mean…”

Rukina moved the various pieces, past the Great Wall and past the Great Red River “Its a natural consequence of our prosperity. Families can get too big, and more people packed in an area means more conflict. They wish to serve me? Then let them serve Jiajou. They can take the land across the river and we will develop colonies, a buffer before the wall.” She looked at her advisors for confirmation, and when they nodded Rukina smiled “General Hu, prepare for the supplies needed, and Lady Takada, please draft an announcement.” As she began to leave the war room, she playfully looked over her shoulder “And who knows? Maybe we won’t stop until we reach the other ocean?”

15. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

- Liu Chang preparing for the expedition past the Great Wall

Zhang Wuji, the hotheaded brother of Liu Chang, could not hide his happiness at the news that his sworn brother was appointed as a military officer in an expedition past the Great Wall. Zhang Wuji liked three things: wine, battle and adventure. And this expedition would offer both battle and adventure. Guan Ying was meanwhile polishing his 'White Leopard Spear', a long and deadly spear with which Guan Ying would kill his enemies and defend his country and friends. He too was smiling.

But Liu Chang was more in control of himself and did not allow himself to either laugh nor smile. He bowed before the memorial tablet of his father and, with tears in his eyes, said: "At last, I have fulfilled your wish, Father. I have been able to become an official. You can now rest in peace. I will not fail you! I shall serve the Empress and the country and I shall do my best to restore Jiajou to it's past glories. I am even willing to give my life for the country and the Empress!"

He then kowtowed thrice before the memorial tablet and only after a minute of silence did he got up.

Zhang Wuji, laughing, approached his brother and asked him, "Why are you not happy?"

Liu Chang replied, "Of course I am happy. But we must not let this success make us overconfident. We must prove ourselves to the Empress and so we must do our best to succeed in this mission."

At that moment, Wu, Liu Chang's loyal servant and the one who would manage the herbalist shop while Liu Chang would be away, rushed into the room, bowed before Liu Chang and said, "Master, a nobleman wants to see you."

"Let him in!", Liu Chang ordered.

"Who is he?", Guan Ying wondered.

At that moment, a tall aristocratic looking man with long black hair, big nose and a handsome face entered the room.

Liu Chang bowed slightly and said, "Welcome to our estate. May I know what is your name, honorable sir?"

"You don't know me?!", the man shouted, both furious and surprised.

Zhang Wuji was going to hit him, but Guan Ying stopped him. He then came forward and said, "Forgive us, but we do not know who you are."

The man sneered at Guan Ying and then, looking at Liu Chang, replied, "I am Lang Ming, third son of one of the most noble and rich families in the whole of Jiajou."

"I see", Liu Chang commented. "I apologize for not recognizing you."

"I came to see you because I've heard that you come from a minor noble family. Although your family was quite prestigious a long time ago, for at least five decades you have been sidelined and your family wealth has all gone away. Same with your prestige. You are now leader of a clan without any power at all and you command no respect from anyone. All the rest of us come from powerful, rich and prestigious clans. How can you hope to compete with us? I wish to advice you to remain here and let us real nobles prove ourselves."

Liu Chang laughed. "Serving the country is the duty of all of us, not just of the richest and noblest. And my clan has indeed been in decline for a long time, but I wish to restore it to it's previous greatness."

"Dream on!", Lang Ming shouted and left the room.

"Brother! Why didn't you let me kick his ass?!", Zhang Wuji complained.

"We should not make many enemies", Liu Chang replied. "Many wish to prove themselves so as to gain positions in the Imperial Court, so we shall have many antagonists. So, we should be cautious and try to not make any more enemies."

Guan Ying sighed. "It is exactly because of such arrogant people like him that Jiajou has gone into decline. Many of those so called nobles are useless and spoiled sons and daughters of prestigious families who live off the resources of the Imperial Court and offer nothing in return!"

"Anyway", Liu Chang said, "we have a job to do and it would be better if we prepare for the expedition instead of wasting more of our time on this Lang Ming."

16. Sonereal

And you would be wrong. I almost always without fail given priority to new joins in claiming.

Welcome to the cage, Shadow and Mosher.

17. Shadowbound

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee,
    Greenest state in the land of the free.
    Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree,
    Killed his first man when he was only three.

Jimmy Luttrell, dumb as hell,
    but if you ask me he's done pretty well.

He fought single handed through the luzzie war,
    Till the french was whipped and peace was restored.
    And while he was handling this risky chore,
    Made himself a legend, forevermore.

When he lost his love, and his grief was gall,
    In his heart he wanted to leave it all,
    And lose himself in the forest tall,
    But he answered instead, his country's call.

Then he come home, his fightin' done,
    To tend his farm and clean his gun.
    But he unpacked his gear, and his trusty gun
    And lit out a grinnin' to follow the sun.

Raided up and down the river, so he did,
    And all the yellowbellies fled and hid,
    Tellin' stories about all the things he stid,
    don't you come back here they all plead.

He went off to Nashville and kicked some tail
    Shakin' up the government and laws as well.
    Took over that there city, so we hear tell,
    And patched up the crack in the Libertee Bell.

Jimmy Luttrell, ell oh ell,
    can't believe hes runnin' nashvelle.

His land is biggest, and his land is best
    From grassy plains to the mountain crest
    He's ahead of us all in meeting the test
    Followin' his legend right into the West

Adapted from the Ballad of Davy Crockett

18. Sonereal

War in the East

The High Kingdom of Ravenwal raised nearly a quarter million soldiers in the lead-up to the invasion of Holy Columbia. Such a massive undertaking expended vast amounts of gold, but succeeded in creating a force so powerful that she was able to swarm across Holy Columbia's Maryland March in a matter of weeks, bringing the Army of the Sun, with High King Samuel Redge at its head, to the doorstep of Washington.

The response from Holy Columbia was deafening. The Congress approved of the largest bond sale in the history of post-Arthurian America to pay for the rapid arming and training of an army. 25,000 conscripts awaited behind the large walls of Washington. Outside waited nearly 60,000 troops, a large contingent of which were conscripted serfs.

The assault on Washington by the Army of the Sun begins with chaos. Evenly matched in technology, Holy Columbia's superior state martial combined with its defensive position and support of the nobility, as well as the threat of enslavement, has led to thousands of invading troops dying trying to get over and through the walls of the city. The Army of the Moon landed south of the city just in time to shore up the assault. Surrounded, the troops in DC were prepared to fight to the death.

Even with the addition of the Army of the Moon, the bodies piled up and the assault began to slacken as officers attempted to rally their troops for yet more assaults. By the time the Legion of Light arrived from Fort Julian, the attacking force had collapsed.

The Battle of Washington ends with a victory for Holy Columbia. Nearly 26,000 Ravenwall troops died, mostly serf conscripts, versus 2,000 Holy Columbian deaths.

Detachments of the Army of the Moon still occupy territory in the Eastern March, but Ravenwall forces have pulled back beyond the Maryland March for safety. Holy Columbian forces did not pursue.

Question to the Vice President

The center of the enemy host collapsed spectacularly and many prisoners of war were taken. What do we do with these 12,810 prisoners?

19. Sonereal

@nuka @christos200

Could one of you please make a map of what you're claiming? At least, in the future since I just claimed just beyond the River.

For everyone else, from now on, you cannot expand or claim without a map.

20. Sonereal

302 SL

[YOUTUBE=10]fregObNcHC8[/YOUTUBE]​

Stats

War rocked the Eastern Seaboard as the forces of the High Kingdom of Ravenwal attempted to conquer and enslave Holy Columbia. The Maryland March, newly establish, was rapidly overran, and the Eastern March faced seaborne invasion from Ravenwal's Army of the Moon. It was at the walls of Washington that the invasion buckled. The hasty, ill-planned assault on the highly-fortified capital of Holy Columbia ended in disaster, thanks in no part to the large serf forces involved.

It is hard to explain the great religious awakening of the serf class other than understand the growing influence of Abrahamist and Columbian Amercanist Christian thought in Ravenwal, especially among the former slaves of the country. It is unlikely that a significant portion of the conscripted serf levies present during the battle were Americanist, but a religious reason for avoiding fighting for Ravenwal was reason nonetheless.

The invaders quickly withdrew from the Maryland Marches. By year's end, only a portion of the Eastern March was occupied by Ravenwal forces.

The East's troubles are only made more dire by the rise of the Crimson Legion, a warlord-led theocracy, and the Americanist Union of Kentuckee, yet another republic in a region where republicanism is regaining strength.

Elsewhere, in the Caribbean, Free Folk raiders have descended on the lesser Free Folk Kingdoms of Cuba and seized a great amount of wealth from villages. The raiders targeted the kingdoms for their relative weakness. The wealth seized has flowed back north to the archipelago Rodom, specifically to Le Porsan, the flourishing new port of the kingdom. This port is a popular destination for both Free Folk and Floridian traders, and the occasional Meridan and Louisiana merchant ship has been known to pay call already.

In the West, the Jiajou stirs and her borders creep eastward for the first time in decades from internal political and economic pressure.

New Heirs or Deaths

None!

Maps

Spoiler Full Map :

Spoiler Vassal Map :

Expansion and Trade Power

Trade Power/Expansion Power can't be banked! You can use Trade Power on yourself or other countries, which increases your trade influence domestically or abroad respectively. Countries you border/share a river with/share a coast with/whatever have can be influenced more than a distant landlocked country you don't border.

Expansion Power is used to expand. One expansion power can be used to claim one territory.

Orders Lock THIS Sunday.

All existing outstanding issues closed.

Major issues likely to come Friday (i.e., events).

Noted Issues

Kentuckee's vassals are missing from the map and the stats due to reading error. The stats for the vassals will be in for the next update. Kentuckee, this turn, actually has $296,000 spendable.