A Vision of the Future: A Sci-Fi mod Work-In-Progress

Jwitti

Judas Maccabeus
A Vision of the Future
A Science Fiction mod based on the works of Orson Scott Card
Hey guys I'm trying to make this look professional.. anyway, the objective of this mod is to capture the worlds of Orson Scott Card's books.
There are two directions we could go with this: We could either make it one mod with a whole bunch of civs along the lines of Humans of Earth, Humans of Harmony, Humans of Treason, Humans of Lusitania, Pequinios, Buggers, Wyrms, Geblings, and the like.
OR
Several different mods, to capture the full essence of the worlds of Lusitania, Harmony, Immakulata, and Treason.
OR
We could always do both but that's more work.

Opinions?

I agree with tambien. Since Luistiana is fresh in my mind, I could come up with some ideas for it. Maybe you play as the pequinos or the humans, you have to build ships to defend against the incoming buggers. You can try to work together but tensions will mount and skirmishes will break out or kill the enemy and attempt to fight the buggers on your own. Any good?

Needed info tomorrow.. I need uus/ ubs for Lusitania

OK I need all the BLANKS

Humans of Milagre
Leaders: Andrew Wiggin (Cre/BLANK*) Bishop Perigrino (Spi/Org) Pipo (BLANK*/Blank*)
UU:BLANK**
UB:Xenobiology/Xenology Lab
More to come tomorrow.
*These blanks are traits maybe to be added? I'm thinking Diplomatic for Andrew and Scientific and Diplomatic for Pipo
**I have NO idea what to do for Milagre's UU....

Andrew should be creative and diplomatic I think. I will give some more ideas tommorow.

OK I still need ideas, I would do the work for what we have now this weekend but I'm booked.. I may be able to get some in Saturday though. I'll see if I can do the civs, traits, leaders, buildings, and units, in that order, Saturday and maybe also Sunday afternoon. In other words, I should have a baseline by Monday but no promises.

Can't think of a good UU for the Lusos, unless you wanna use Ender's spaceship. You could try Xenador or Biologista, although that wouldn't be a military unit per se... maybe cities with a Xenador stationed there have +10% science, kinda like HR units provide happiness.

Or you could make Jane the UU, but that'd kinda be an "I Win!" button.

I was thinking a Jane World Wonder or World Unit.
I was also thinking of adding building and unit classes, so maybe a Scientist Unit that requires a building, with Xenador replacing?
And then for Pequinios, add a unbuildable building building class, with a buildable Mothertree replacing? And a Unit for them would be... idk what..
And Buggers, simple, Hive Center for UB (Maybe replacing the Unbuildable as well?), Hive Worker for UU (Replacing Worker)

In the mean time I'll also put out parameters for Treason:
Civs:
Mueller
Nkumai
Allison
Bird
Anderson
Britton
Gill
Cramer
Ku Kuei
(Some of those could be cut, most would be no UU/UB anyway)
I only have even the slightest idea for UU/UB for Mueller, Anderson, Ku Kuei, and Nkumai...
Mueller: Leaders: Ensel Mueller (Cre/Org/Mueller), Lanik Mueller (Agg/Org/Mueller) UU: Mueller Swordsman (Swordsman, +25% vs Archery Units) UB: Rad Pen (Off-world Product) Mueller Trait: Free Promotion (Mueller) to all units, +1:health: Mueller Promotion: Heals 20% faster in neutral, enemy, and friendly territory, +15% vs Archery units, +10% vs Melee units, +10% vs Mounted units
Nkumai: Leaders: Mwabao Mawa (Cre/Fin/Nkumai) UU: Nkumai Warrior (Swordsman, -1 Str, +50% Attack vs Archery, Melee, Mounted, Siege) UB: Tree House Thinkers (Off-world product) Nkumai trait: +20%:science:, +10%:gold: in all cities
I'm still formulating Ku Kuei and Anderson

Here are the flags you requested, sorry but they're just the pics cropped and resized, I'm not super artistic.

Attachments

• Flags (Jwitti).7z
    12 KB · Views: 63

OK, progress: Civs are Milagre, Buggers, and Pequinios, working on leaders, but the traits xml file is mysteriously missing so my progress is halted for the night. Attaching a folder with current progress, + the flags Radio Noer made, + my in-progress credits notepad file, all you guys are in it. Never mind, my computer hates me, so I'll attach tomorrow
Thanks for your help, please stay and help a bit more :D I hope to get a playable version by the end of the week

ah ok.. I couldn't find it in vanilla either though.
Oh and also I can't attach the file unfortunately

oh I figured it out the .7z file is waay too big to attach

Top Bottom