Do you like the rules of this quiz??

• Yes

Votes: 79 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"to see direct combat" was just added to make someone second guess themselves... :hmm: but yes, getting ambushed by enemy submarines is definitely 'seeing direct combat against the enemy', IMHO. ;)

Yer go... :bounce:

You sound disappointed?? :p

Alright, here's a question sticking with WWII aerial warfare, pilots specifically.

Suppose YOU... are a rookie pilot about to fly your first mission. You've just taken a crash-course (no pun intended) on how to fly your aircraft, and are about the be thrown to the wolves. Now, of all the WWII pilots, you get to choose who your flight leader is going to be. Statistically speaking, which pilot will give you the BEST chance of surviving this mission, and returning home? Give the name of your flight leader, whom you are counting on, to make sure you don't get shot down in flames...

Also, how many aerial victories is he/she credited with in WWII?

C'mon Adler, I know you've got this one. ;)

PantheraTigris2 said:
You sound disappointed?? :p

Alright, here's a question sticking with WWII aerial warfare, pilots specifically.

Suppose YOU... are a rookie pilot about to fly your first mission. You've just taken a crash-course (no pun intended) on how to fly your aircraft, and are about the be thrown to the wolves. Now, of all the WWII pilots, you get to choose who your flight leader is going to be. Statistically speaking, which pilot will give you the BEST chance of surviving this mission, and returning home? Give the name of your flight leader, whom you are counting on, to make sure you don't get shot down in flames...

Also, how many aerial victories is he/she credited with in WWII?

C'mon Adler, I know you've got this one. ;)

I'd say Erich Hartmann - he was proud of never having lost a wingman.
He had some 350 kills.

Dragonlord said:
I'd say Erich Hartmann - he was proud of never having lost a wingman.
He had some 350 kills.

I will accept that. My sources say he had 352 (top ace of all time), and flew some 1,456 sorties without ever losing a wingman in combat. :wow:

I'd feel pretty safe flying with him as my flight lead. :D

Your question... :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom