Some brilliant answers I will directly respond to in a few days. I would like to add, their first message to me, was simply:

'DTF?'

So I am not the one turning the conversation overtly sexual. It started there.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, it could come across as either question, and almost irrelevant which one because the conversation comes to a screeching halt at that point regardless.

And see the excellent post by @fy00sh a few posts above about "fully transitioned", I'd only add that if one isn't sure about where the finish line is it can be difficult to figure out whether one has crossed it or not, and it may pop up again elsewhere even if one has previously decided they have crossed it.
Thanks, that's what immediately occurred to me, that the question "Are you fully transitioned?" could come off as either of those two statements, and why both come off as offensive/transphobic.

Reading @fy00sh 's post, it seems that transitioning is something that really happens at the point someone realizes that they are trans, rather than some goal to be reached in the future. Is that correct or at least on the right track?

Some brilliant answers I will directly respond to in a few days. I would like to add, their first message to me, was simply:

'DTF?'

Just so you know, this doesn’t really change anything. You can always say “I prefer to know each other a little better first” instead of “well what’s the dimensions of your bits?”

Hmm. Somehow the current page of posts got merged together. Previous posts:

IglooDame
Thanks, that's what immediately occurred to me, that the question "Are you fully transitioned?" could come off as either of those two statements, and why both come off as offensive/transphobic.

Reading @fy00sh 's post, it seems that transitioning is something that really happens at the point someone realizes that they are trans, rather than some goal to be reached in the future. Is that correct or at least on the right track?

Transitioning frequently starts when a person realizes they're trans, though they may decide they're trans but decide to (temporarily or permanently) not transition. That was me for a year or so, because I decided it wasn't worth blowing up my life, with a bit of "I'm not trans enough", but others (typically younger folk) can't start transitioning because of family or legal barriers. And some folks do start out with a goal. Mine, once I actually started transitioning, has been 100% legal (i.e. an F on all my identification papers) and social transitioning (presenting fem everywhere) and not being clockable if I don't want to be (which at this point is top surgery, bottom surgery, FFS facial feminization surgery, and sorting out my voice). The first two are complete, the third I'm trying hard to get done in 2024 because if the GOP wins enough at the federal level then surgery could become way more difficult or more expensive. But other folks may be vastly more fluid in their plans and goals.

NinjaCow64
Is it like/similar to saying "I am only willing to date former men if they have taken the steps to become proper women"? Or..."I am willing to excuse you for being trans, as long as you've taken the steps to make it so I can ignore it."?
Yeah I could see how it could come across like that, but its also a fundamental misunderstanding of what transition is and it is also a terrible way of asking the question that most people want to ask by asking that question (i.e "What genitals do you have?").

Your understanding is close but not quite there, at least in my opinion. Transitioning is about aligning one’s gender presentation to align with one’s internal gender identity and it does, arguably, start as soon as someone realises they are trans (that depends who you ask, some people might consider telling people they are trans the start of their transition, other people might consider the start when they start taking HRT). The problem with saying "How far have you transitioned?" implies a fixed start and end point, which is just blatantly incorrect.

Now I am aware there are many stages/levels of transition. [...] I am aware some people never "complete" a full transition.
Aiken does at least bring up the possibility that somebody would never do a "complete" transition, but again that implies that there is only "direction" that a trans fem can transition, that there are a series of discrete stages that are followed in a specific order.

Transition is a journey and everyone’s journey will be different. Asking if someone is “fully transitioned” as a shorthand for “what are you genitals like?” (which I assume is the question that Aiken wants to ask) is extremely counterproductive because not everyone wants bottom surgery (the surgery that changes one’s genitals) and not everyone who has bottom surgery will consider their transition complete (I can imagine a situation where someone would want to do facial feminisation surgery after bottom surgery, perhaps).

To use a concrete example - I am planning to go on hormone replacement therapy in a couple of weeks. Alongside this I plan to change the way I dress and present myself. I currently have no plans for any kind of surgery, but that could change in the future. I could very well consider my transition complete after a few years of HRT and changing the clothes I wear and how I present myself. Or I could not enjoy HRT and just decide to change the clothes I wear and the way I present myself. Or I could decide that I actually want the all the surgeries.

To me, personally, the question "So have you fully transitioned?" is transphobic in the same way asking a gay couple "So whose the man and whose the woman?" is homophobic. Its usually none of the business of the person asking the question and in the cases where it is (which maybe it is in Aiken's case, IDK, I'm bisexual I genuinely don't understand this kind of thing), its quite possibly the worst approach to finding out relevant information. It betrays a lack of knowledge and quite possibly a lot of hang ups and the question itself is incoherent in nature.

Last edited:
Chukchi Husky
but others (typically younger folk) can't start transitioning because of family or legal barriers.
That's where I'm stuck. At the moment it seems like I won't ever get the chance to begin transitioning.

Caesar of Bread
That's where I'm stuck. At the moment it seems like I won't ever get the chance to begin transitioning.
Me too.:(

Crezth
I realized I was trans 7 years before I had the opportunity to "begin transitioning." The whole process is the transition, really. That's not always great to hear. I had it told to me by some younger trans people it was "too late" for me. Not unkindly, but that demonstrated their anxiety. Truthfully, however, it's never too late to meet yourself.

GenMarshall
:hug:

Cloud_Strife
There's still time, you know.

IglooDame
I realized I was trans 7 years before I had the opportunity to "begin transitioning." The whole process is the transition, really. That's not always great to hear. I had it told to me by some younger trans people it was "too late" for me. Not unkindly, but that demonstrated their anxiety. Truthfully, however, it's never too late to meet yourself.
Early on I joined a couple really large (10K+ members) transgender-only ages-13+ Discord servers, and I found it impossible to stay in the main chats there because there was regularly teenagers coming in and asking "I'm -- [some number in the teens], is it too late for me to start transitioning?"

Last edited:
It is transphobic in the literal sense that it represents an aversion to dating trans people, even if it’s caveated, because it’s a criteria for exclusion that by design can only target trans people. I guess it’s like saying you only date fat people if they’re clean (to whatever arbitrary standard) or you only date gingers if they have a face that is at most 2/3 as wide as it is long. In either case you are fatphobic and gingerphobic respectively. The point is that the criteria cannot apply universally because it’s already scoped on a group of people you’re carving out an “exception” for. It can’t be fair.

That having been said you’re not required to date trans people, or fat people or gingers. Is it “fair” for you to demand a trans person be “fully transitioned” to your specifications? Maybe not, but dating isn’t about fairness at all anyway. You just have to make peace with your transphobia and not invent excuses for it.

I am not attracted to cis men. I don't think many would consider me homophobic for this?

I think it's just kind of a weird distinction? Like if you don't like trans women, don't date them. We don't really want to date someone who is hung up on these gradations, it's an awkward attitude to manage and navigate.

Moreover, I can understand a personal preference for certain sexual acts. Sexual incompatibility is perfectly valid and common reason to break off relationships. But you're doing the thing so many cis people do when they think about dating with us, which is that their mind (I assume) jumps immediately to the question of sex and moreover (again, I assume) immediately to the idea that we might have a penis. And for me, that's more the problem. For starters, as I've said before, there is a pretty material difference between a penis on testosterone and in a masculine context and a penis on estrogen and in a feminine context. You don't know what sexual acts are on the table. You don't even know if sex is on the table. You're putting the cart before the horse

The crux of the issue I have when cis people talk about compatibility, disclosure, and having sex with us, is essentially when there exists a patent double standard in the questions or demands you feel entitled to ask of trans women which you wouldn't of cis women. Like would you ask a (presumed) cis woman if they are open to oral or anal sex as soon as you match with them? Would you tell them that you performing oral sex or clitoral stimulation or allowing the use of a vibrator on them are hard no's for you? Would you ask them if they are asexual or how high their libido is? I wouldn't think so (I certainly hope you don't). Rather, you (presumably) see a cis woman you match with first as person with whom you want to chat, to get to know, to see if you are even compatible with, and then only later do you consider the logistics or mechanics of them as a potential sexual partner or lover. Any time you enter into a relationship, the question of sexual compatibility is certainly a crucial one, one which has the potential to make or break the relationship, but in my experience generally you enter the relationship knowing that those potentially relationship-ending incompatibilities that might be present are simply risks that come with the territory of dating (in much the same way that there may be personality issues, lifestyle issues, commitment issues, scheduling issues, financial issues, or health issues which likewise might preclude the possibility of a relationship), and you trust that you will navigate and negotiate them at the point that they arise, and that it's not worthwhile worrying about or pre-empting every possible dealbreaker that may exist between the two of you.
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer.

I don't agree there is a double standard at all, and you are making assumptions about how I communicate and date. For example have you heard of the dating app Feeld? Within it you literally list sexual wants and needs. Its part of the very first step. We don't need to go on a few coffee dates before its "proper" to ask if the person likes X,Y or Z. That's why you've matched. Why go on several dates before realising that sexually, you were never compatible?

In a very crude manner, I consider sexual compatibility one of the main pillars of a healthy relationship and so communication on it is important early. If there are significant hurdles to the basics, I would hope a partner discloses these without prejudice.

To actually give more context to the actual scenario, the trans woman that I matched with, immediately asked me "DTF?". And I had to pause and consider.. that's where I realised I needed to know, but realised I didn't know how to politely ask.

I certainly wouldn't have lead with it unprovoked, but would have done eventually on a first date if it wasn't proactively offered.

Ok so I might be wrong (sorry if I am) but i feel like you're maybe working from a somewhat linear view of what a "transition" is? It's way more helpful to think of a transition as a self-actualization journey than a checklist. For some people that does end up being a checklist anyways but for some people its much more vague. Some people's transition is simply living socially as a gender until the point at which they're happy, and they never really complete their transition once-and-for-all. Some people's transitions are more involved than that, some people's are less. Some people consider any potential body modifications to be a part of their transition, some people separate their social transition from their physical transition, some people don't change anything about themselves physically at all. So yeah there's theoretically infinite potential "stages" any given person's transition can have but also it's not a guarantee a given trans person's transition can really be split into "stages"

So because of the above, asking someone this puts them immediately in the awkward situation of having to guess at what you mean by "transition" and what things are considered "further along". My intuition, if asked this, would be to say "I mean I simply am the gender I am, I completed my most recent transition the moment I decided on my current gender and maybe I'll transition again later, who knows." I understand that usually what people mean by "how far you've transitioned" is "how many procedures you've had to make your body more closely resemble the binary sex that you weren't assigned at birth" but I have the mentality that if someone really wants to know what's going on in my pants they have to be clear to me that that's what they're asking about. But I can see other trans people feeling like they'd have to assume you're asking about their genital configurations, and for their sakes it's better to just directly ask "have you had any bottom surgery and do you plan to have any (or any more) in the future" if that's what you really mean. Tho personally I'd recommend holding off on asking that until around when you'd also ask if they have any STIs you should be concerned about.

This feels to me like saying you wouldn't want to date a painter who hasn't yet painted everything they're ever going to paint. And like, you should feel free to put whatever restrictions you want on who you wanna date, sure, but I wonder if what you mean is actually "I only want to date someone who has already undergone all sex-related procedures they plan to"? In which case, again, it's much more helpful, and much less awkward and potentially stressful to the person you're asking this to, for you to just directly ask if they'd be comfortable sharing what procedures they've had and if there's any they still plan to get.

Thank you fy00sh, this was really illuminating. It's actually touching on a subject I have asked about before, but certainly gives deeper answers here. I like how you close and I see that as a great way to broach the subject, not hurt anyone, and still get the answers I would need.

Crezth
I am not attracted to cis men. I don't think many would consider me homophobic for this?

Well, no, you wouldn't be, on that criteria. But let's say you didn't want to date anyone who called themselves bisexual. Or pansexual or gay or whatever. On those grounds specifically. And that has nothing to do with whether they'd be attracted to you, but again, this is just supposing. That would be homophobic.

Not wanting to date cis men specifically makes you something that there isn't really a word for because our society doesn't consider excluding half of society from your dating pool to be -phobic anything. We just call that sexual preference. This is not the same thing as transphobia. Now that's not to say you can't also be transphobic in your dating or sexual preferences. But be honest about what that is, eh?

Aiken_Drumn
To me, personally, the question "So have you fully transitioned?" is transphobic in the same way asking a gay couple "So whose the man and whose the woman?" is homophobic. Its usually none of the business of the person asking the question and in the cases where it is (which maybe it is in Aiken's case, IDK, I'm bisexual I genuinely don't understand this kind of thing), its quite possibly the worst approach to finding out relevant information. It betrays a lack of knowledge and quite possibly a lot of hang ups and the question itself is incoherent in nature.

I just want to state for clarity, I would never approach anyone and blindly ask such a question. It was after a trans woman asked me if I wanted to have sex.. I wasn't sure how to respond. And here we are, hoping to get help and clarity rather than hurting anyone [IMG alt=":)"]https://forums.civfanatics.com/data/assets/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Just so you know, this doesn’t really change anything. You can always say “I prefer to know each other a little better first” instead of “well what’s the dimensions of your bits?”

Ok, but if this is not trying to date, and its a pretty rapid.. are we going home together tonight vibe? I didn't randomly lead the jump into a highly sexual conversation with someone.

Also, I came here rather than risk saying anything that could hurt or offend.

Chukchi Husky

Enough that Type O Negative have an angry song about it.

Right. Thanks to the sterling efforts of @fy00sh, I've managed to reconstruct people's posts where possible, and copied in the text of posts that I couldn't reconstruct. I've also deleted the intervening posts to preserve the flow of the thread. Sorry about the inconvenience, folks.

Right. Thanks to the sterling efforts of @fy00sh, I've managed to reconstruct people's posts where possible, and copied in the text of posts that I couldn't reconstruct. I've also deleted the intervening posts to preserve the flow of the thread. Sorry about the inconvenience, folks.
Excellent job you two.:goodjob:

this (*gestures around*) cannot possibly be better than just letting a discussion between members unfold organically

[official trans person opinion]

I just want to state for clarity, I would never approach anyone and blindly ask such a question. It was after a trans woman asked me if I wanted to have sex.. I wasn't sure how to respond. And here we are, hoping to get help and clarity rather than hurting anyone [IMG alt=":)"]https://forums.civfanatics.com/data/assets/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
@Aiken_Drumn Assuming you are also DTF and you are looking for answers to practical matters - honestly I don’t know how to politely ask the question of “Do you have a benis?” but I do know that asking “What stage of transition are you at?” is one of the worst ways you could ask that question.

What happened?:confused:

Because trans women are not portrayed as authentically beautiful without qualification in the media, generally. We are either 1) sexually alluring (not beautiful) predators whose aim is to entrap men in an act of debasement, in which case the revelation of our "maleness" is an act of horror or shock
This immediately reminded me of a scene in one of my favourite movies that was a good example of what you are describing... the scene in Trainspotting where Begby hooks up with a trans woman, which is exactly the kind of portrayal of trans women as predatorily alluring.

I mention it not so much because of that scene, which is violent and disturbing (like much of the film), but because of Ewan McGregor's speech immediately prior, about sexuality, which I always found profound, and intriguing, albeit blunt. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

NSFW

TL;DR - He says "No guys and no girls, just wankers... sounds great to me."

EDIT: My question for the group I think stems mainly from the discussion about the process of transitioning and the problematic nature of the question about "fully transitioned". The speech leans into the notion of gender fluidity. Is that in line with, or contrary to trans identity? Or something else I have not considered? I guess another way of asking... Is trans identity rigid in terms of gender identity?

EDIT 2: Going back again... upon reflection, McGregor's speech seems to maybe be more about attraction and sexuality/sexual preference rather than gender per-se, especially given the encounter Begby has immediately after. So now I have to ask, as a threshold matter, whether what Renton (McGregor's character) is discussing is relevant here? Again, I would like to hear any thoughts, even if it is just to tell me I am off base.

Last edited:

'DTF?'

This is probably like the one case where asking someone about genitals (which is obviously what you're trying to do, and not talking about transitioning), or rather discussing preferences and limits in terms of sexual activity, is justified as a first reaction (although as others have pointed out, this particular point is inherently transphobic).

I will say that without the context that this is pretty clearly a hook-up through a sex-oriented dating app, it was impossible to accurately assess the situation. In any case all the responses to you have been true and valid in general. Just in this specific case, it's reasonable (but still transphobic) to ask about genitals.

'DTF?'

This wasn't the question you asked to start with. Your question was:
Now I am aware there are many stages/levels of transition. Is it fair, or even right, to ask someone how far they have transitioned? I am aware some people never "complete" a full transition. How problematic is "I only want to date someone who has fully transitioned".

Your original question made no mention of a hookup app or being propositioned for sex by a trans woman. Rather, your question was about dating, and my answer was provided with that specific context of dating in mind. Your followup post above, particularly this part:

feels like you're pulling a bait and switch, and I would advise you to be mindful of the impulse to defensiveness as a man when asking questions like this. Why are you coming into a thread to ask questions and receive the perspective of trans people, and then turning around and trying to score points like its a debate?

This is a category error. On the one hand we have a delineation according to established sexual identities: I am attracted to women, I am not attracted to men. This is very different from establishing a delineation within that established sexual identity, particularly when that delineation happens to coincide with a routine form of oppression against the group being delineated against. "I am attracted to women, except when they have penises," singles out trans women in a way that places us distinct, or even apart from every other group of women. The word for this is "degendering," and it is a central part of transmisogyny, something which we experience on a daily basis. NinjaCow's comparison to asking a lesbian couple "who is the man and who is the woman," is apropos. The question reasserts a heteronormative assumption: that all relationships (even queer ones) necessarily resort to heterosexual dynamics. In the same way that this question is lesbophobic in that it is a direct rebuke of the validity of sapphic relations - an attempt to "straighten" queerness, the statement "I am attracted to women, except when they have penises" is transmisogynistic in that it is simultaneously a tacit affirmation of our non-maleness AND a denial of our femaleness. We are not properly women, but something other. An "except".

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer.

and you are making assumptions about how I communicate and date. For example have you heard of the dating app Feeld? Within it you literally list sexual wants and needs. Its part of the very first step. We don't need to go on a few coffee dates before its "proper" to ask if the person likes X,Y or Z. That's why you've matched. Why go on several dates before realising that sexually, you were never compatible?

Again, these were not things you asked in your original question. Your question was: "is it appropriate to ask a trans woman you've matched with on a dating app how far they've transitioned?" And the answer to that was, no, it's not appropriate. As to this specific app, I don't think it really changes the question? "trans" is not a sexual want or need, or at least it had better not be, or else I would think there are much larger problems with this app. Likewise, it is, again, one thing to clarify what sort sexual acts you like, or don't like in the bedroom, and quite another to ask invasive, dehumanizing questions about a person's (especially a woman's) body. Like I think we can all understand it would be creepy and misogynistic if a man asked a woman what her BMI was, whether she's had breast augmentation, or what her BWH measurements were as part of a pre-sex vetting process, so why would you feel comfortable putting this question in a separate category? As I said before, if you aren't interested in trans women, don't match with them! When they ask if you're DTF, say "no, I'm not." Speaking for myself (and again, I'm a lesbian), if a woman asked me a question like that, I would find it pretty weird, it would give me "the ick." I would think, "we haven't even gotten to the bedroom yet and she's already being this weird about my transness, what's she going to be like once we get to the bedroom?" I would much rather commit my energies to someone who is excited about being with me, not someone whose excitement is conditional pending further review.

I don't agree there is a double standard at all,

To call attention to this again: you've come in here to get a trans perspective on something you were thinking about, and I gave you my perspective on it as a trans woman. So what are you arguing with me about? Are you trying to get me to give you permission to ask this question to the trans woman you matched with? If you need clarification, or if you have follow-up questions, then ask them. But this is not a debate, it's not a discussion. There's nothing you need to "convince" me of here. That's not the purpose of this thread.

In a very crude manner, I consider sexual compatibility one of the main pillars of a healthy relationship and so communication on it is important early. If there are significant hurdles to the basics, I would hope a partner discloses these without prejudice.

I would certainly agree that sexual compatibility is very important, but there's a difference between sexual compatibility (what kind of acts you do or don't like, whether you're into kink, how frequently you want to have sex, the use of protection, etc.) and asking these sorts of objectifying, deeply personal questions about a person's body or medical history.

To actually give more context to the actual scenario, the trans woman that I matched with, immediately asked me "DTF?". And I had to pause and consider.. that's where I realised I needed to know, but realised I didn't know how to politely ask.

From my perspective, if you have to pause to consider like that, if your downness is conditional on the absence of a penis for a woman you otherwise are attracted to, then I would not consider you down to fudge. I think bringing that sort of energy into the bedroom would not make for a very fun time for either of you.

I certainly wouldn't have lead with it unprovoked, but would have done eventually on a first date if it wasn't proactively offered.

Sex/dating/hookups are very scary for a trans woman: the potential for humiliation or violence are extremely high for us, especially when it comes to cis men. I think what you'll find is that most trans women will disclose that information to a potential sexual partner upfront, purely in the interest of keeping themselves safe. Where I bristle is at a feeling of entitlement to know or be told this information. It is of a kind with a lot of the ways cis men tend to view, talk about, and act entitled to women's bodies broadly, but especially transfeminine bodies.

This immediately reminded me of a scene in one of my favourite movies that was a good example of what you are describing... the scene in Trainspotting where Begby hooks up with a trans woman, which is exactly the kind of portrayal of trans women as predatorily alluring.

I mention it not so much because of that scene, which is violent and disturbing (like much of the film), but because of Ewan McGregor's speech immediately prior, about sexuality, which I always found profound, and intriguing, albeit blunt. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

NSFW

TL;DR - He says "No guys and no girls, just wankers... sounds great to me."

EDIT: My question for the group I think stems mainly from the discussion about the process of transitioning and the problematic nature of the question about "fully transitioned". The speech leans into the notion of gender fluidity. Is that in line with, or contrary to trans identity? Or something else I have not considered? I guess another way of asking... Is trans identity rigid in terms of gender identity?

Trans means simply that one's gender identity differs from that which they were assigned at birth. If that describes you, then you are trans. This would apply as much to a transsexual like myself who previously identified as he/him, now identifies as she/her, and is using medical processes to change her sex characteristics; as it does for a nonbinary person who uses they/them pronouns and doesn't take HRT; as it would for someone who initially identified as a she/her trans woman, but over the course of their transition realized their identity aligns better with that of a they/she nonbinary transfemme and ceases HRT, satisfied with the changes that have already occurred but wishing no further changes; as it would for a genderfluid person whose pronouns and presentation change from day to day, week to week, or month to month.

"Fully transitioned" isn't problematic because there isn't ever an endpoint to transition. Indeed, many trans people do consider their transition more or less complete upon vagino/phalloplasty. Rather, the issue is that the phrase sort of assumes that transition constitutes some grand, monolithic cursus honorum which every trans person subscribes to and pursues. And again, while the presumed cursus does apply to many trans people, it does not apply to everyone. Trans people aren't a monolith, we don't all want the same thing. Our goals, our expectations, our identities, even what is logistically possible for us, differ, and can even change or be changed as the process begins. When I started, I didn't know if I wanted to go on HRT. I didn't know if I wanted bottom surgery. I didn't even know what name I wanted to have. Now I do.

EDIT 2: Going back again... upon reflection, McGregor's speech seems to maybe be more about attraction and sexuality/sexual preference rather than gender per-se, especially given the encounter Begby has immediately after. So now I have to ask, as a threshold matter, whether what Renton (McGregor's character) is discussing is relevant here? Again, I would like to hear any thoughts, even if it is just to tell me I am off base.

Cis men who talk like this character weird me out, tbh. I think particularly alarming about that scene is that the single gender he imagines will be a male-coded word for someone who masturbates. Patriarchy is a hierarchical system whereby violence is used to dominate women in order to extract their sexual, reproductive, domestic, etc. labor to the benefit of men. Consequently gender is constructed by society in a way to reify and benefit that hierarchical extraction process (i.e. a lot of categories, qualities, and markers having to do with submission, subservience, deference, childrearing, homemaking, etc are ascribed to Womanhood, while strength, leadership, domination, violence, aggression, etc. are ascribed to Manhood). When we say we want to abolish patriarchy, what is meant is the deconstruction of the male and female binary as-such, and a reconstitution of gender which does not facilitate hierarchical domination. In MacGregor's fantasy, the current arrangement of gender constituted single-mindedly around male sexual pleasure is eventually to give way to...an arrangement of gender constituted single-mindedly around male sexual pleasure. Which is frequently what it ends up sounding like when cis men talk about gender abolition. It feels like they don't really understand the nature of the system they are claiming to want to abolish

Last edited:
"I am attracted to women, except when they have penises" is transmisogynistic in that it is simultaneously a tacit affirmation of our non-maleness AND a denial of our femaleness. We are not properly women, but something other. An "except".
How would you feel about someone who said "I am attracted to women, except when they are fat/old/ginger"?

Top Bottom