Aabra02: Hammy Builds a House

I'm afraid not. I'll try and find some time but if someone else picks it up first please post here that you've got it. If I manage to find some time then I'll do the same.

Aabra02: 1480 AD-1505 AD

Based on what appears to be the team consensus, I crank up research on Industrialization. I set it for 80%, which gives us 5 turns at +201 gold. That will continue to net us enough gold to rush a couple of factories when that time comes.

IBT:
Entremont: Worker->Worker
Babylon: Infantry->Infantry
Lindum: Worker->Worker
Curovernum: Worker->Cavalry
Shantung: Worker->Worker

1485 AD:
Upgrade a few trebs->artillery
Disband a couple of trebs at Warwick and rush the rax for 96 gold
Shelling at Shantung goes ~0/6. Ok. Not attacking that infantry in a size 12 city this turn, I guess.

Continue moving troops into position, but we don't have the steel to really hurt China until we get some more Infantry and arty on the front lines.

IBT:
England makes peace with China

Damascus: artillery->artillery
Eboracum: artillery->artillery
Burdigala: worker->artillery
Ratae Coritanorum: artillery->artilery
Warwock: Rax->artillery
Yamama: Rax->Infantry
Nemausus: Worker->worker
Bukhara: Worker->artillery
Monguntiacum: worker->worker

Did I say in my last turnset that every town on our main continent could be reached by rail? Seems like I said that, but it's not true. I find several towns that cannot be reached that way. I set to work making sure all are connected.

1490 AD
Anyang falls

Elizabeth wants gems & coal to re-up in the alliance vs. Mao. I check to see if she'll take gold instead of coal and it looks like 55 gold (lump sum) is worth it to her, in the place of coal. I take the deal, just to ensure that we don't face a 2-front war. (In case that was confusing: We give Alliance vs. China, gems & 55 gold; Elizabeth gives Alliance vs. China.)

IBT:
Lose a loaded galleon to a Chinese frigate.
Chinese move lots of infantry around our forces near Warwick.

Medina: artillery->infantry
Baghdad: artillery->infantry
Kufah: Cav->cav
Lindum: worker->artillery
Macao: worker->artillery

1495 AD
Switch Anjar from arty to Frigate and rush it (68 g).
Bomb & kill a few Chinese. No towns taken.
Discover that Mecca is about to riot. No luxuries available for sale. Lux to 10%.

IBT:
Chinese kill a crusader and capture a worker and an arty that were covered by him.
Babylon: Infantry->infantry
Basra: Infantry->infantry
Anjar: Frigate->frigate
Iron City: Artillery->Infantry
Aden: Infantry->Infantry

1500 AD
Continue railing.
Recapture worker and arty.

IBT:
Industrialization comes in. Set our sights on The Corporation.
Alesia riots. Sorry. :blush:
Lugdunum riots. Sorry. :blush:
Separate Cranium from Rectum and check CA2. Eboracum, Cataractonium and Muscat also need my attention. Scroll forward to handle these.

1505 AD:
Shelling of Ta-whatever, the name of which has bee hidden all this time, it's on that northern island near Warwick, continues to go poorly. I decide not to attack again. I think it may be time to begin pillaging tiles to cut its access to luxuries.

As we have not yet invested any beakers in The Corporation, I decide that this is a good place to stop.

Notes for the next player: Some infantry are finally beginning to make it out of production and onto the front lines. That will help quite a bit, but progress against the Chinese is very, very slow. Our allies are, AFAICT, not making any progress against them whatsoever. Now that we have factories and ~1750 gold, it might be a good time to switch some builds and rush some factories before hitting enter. Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but there just wasn't much worth capturing.

Attachments

• 1505_AD_Aabra.SAV
    237.2 KB · Views: 74
Good stuff Aabra!
I promise to try and get around to this in the next week.

I'm glad that I got to play some more, but until we get more units on the front line, it'll take a better warmonger than I to hurt Mao. I did, however, get some more units built. We're also now ready to rush some factories.

Another note for the next player: There are two armies that I've taken from an island SW of our continent. I put them on galleons to ship them towards the Chinese front, but I think I unloaded them onto our land. The reason for this is that we don't have many frigates and the Chinese took out a loaded galleon during my turnset. We need more firepower to cover our galleons. My tentative plan was to ship the armies by rail up to another port and then load them onto a different galley. After losing one galleon, it just made me too nervous to end a turn with them loaded.

OK I'll be out of town from Monday through Wednesday on a business trip so that will give me time to hit this hard. Promise!!

The war is going well. We've knocked off four more cities and we're researching towards refining. I'll be back with more tomorrow night.

Good to see progress is being made.

1515 Redline infantry but lose 3 cavs including 2 elites taking Tatung.

1520 Lose two more cavs but get Hangchow.

Redo do a deal for Englands spices for coal, horses, gold and dyes.
Redo our furs deal along with 66gpt and 8g with the french for corporation

1530 Take Newcastle and Chinan.

1540 autoraze a city on

1545 Lone infantry dropped off at Macao. Big time war unhappiness set in. We can manage it and keep the slider at 10%. Drop off our first units at Canton.

1550 Ports sign a deal vs. English and Mayans make peace with Chinese. Take Leiria and the Chinese only have the main continent left.
Some pics.

Summary
Refining is due next. The Chinese already have it but we may want to trade it around if we want to keep the Chinese war going. We're going to need more galleons to get ships over. Check the deals since I think we have a bunch coming due soon.

Attachments

• AAbra02_Whomp_1550 AD.SAV
    233.6 KB · Views: 58
I haven't played civ for a couple of weeks but I reckon I can find some time. I'll try and take a look tomorrow. Looks like all hell is about to break loose.

Tone--you may want to consider moving the units to Sagres. Not sure if fortified infantry on a hill in a size 10 city was necessarily my best landing spot. :D

I've hit a point where I'd like a little input, guys. Alliances vs Mao are coming to a close and we just lost our supply of ivory from ol' Smokey. I want to buy up the ivory again and he wants Industrialization as part of the deal. I'm considering selling him electricity instead. It's more expensive, but I'm wondering if being able to irrigate anywhere will help Smoke's growth. I'm not worried about Mao being a runaway AI at this point, but I'm wondering if letting SJ have electricity will help keep Mao in check. Is the AI smart enough to use electricity effectively?

Attachments

• Aabra02_1565AD_Aabra.SAV
    236.1 KB · Views: 42
I can't look at the save right now but I'd say that I agree with the trade. The AI does tend to overwater but I think that it will still give him a boost. Giving him Industry might push him into building factories which will not help us in the short term.

Agreed. I'd work the deal as you said.

lurker's comment:
In the honor of gmaharriet, and I'm sure that you will agree guys, bring this thing home! I mean, it's in the bag. And it may persuade her to do another one. ANOTHER ONE. We need her on this forum! Her cookies, but most of all her good humour, and her spirit!

Top Bottom