[GS] Achievement speculation thread

Still strange to me we haven't seen the locked achievements pop up in Steam yet. I keep checking. Perhaps achievements is one of the last things they are working on.

I'm keeping an eye out for it too. That it comes so late is certainly strange. I suspect that they thought (pre-leak) we might've been able to discern some hidden aspect of the expansion from them. While we enthusiastically analyze the locked achievements, I don't think we would actually be able to confidently gain any insight.

Still strange to me we haven't seen the locked achievements pop up in Steam yet. I keep checking. Perhaps achievements is one of the last things they are working on.
Ed did say that the achievements are one of the first things that need to be finalised early on suggesting that they were already in place before the Moari live-stream (where he said that they couldn't add in a Zero-Emissions achievement as it was too late.)

What Could Possibly Go Wrong: As Rome, settle a city next to Mt. Vesuvius.
Shouldn't that be, "As quill18, settle a city next to Mt. Vesuvius"? :mischief:

Phoenician Arsenal: Build the Venetian Arsenal and hard build 10 ships in 10 rounds.

Roma Delanda Est: As Phoenicia, defeat Rome.

As Dido, move capital to Carthage

Better yet: Move the Phoenician capital to Carthage then take out Rome by moving your troops through a mountain tunnel.
The last part doesn't need to be there but it would make it fun.

Richest Man in Babylon:

“As Mali, have more gold per turn than all civilisations combined and end the turn as suzerain of Babylon”.

You mean hungry?:

“As Hungary have three cities with a population of at least 15.”

Four Faces of Not-Peace:

“As Canada declare war on three civilisations at the same time.”

I love puns so I’m gonna contribute with silly ones!

Carthage of Aquarius: Settle 12 cities as Dido

Getting Tyred?: Flip 3 cities to Phonecia using loyalty

Catherine don’t give a dam: Causing flooding using a spy as France

Pen and Inca: Earn 10 great writers as The Inca

Great flood barrier reef: Build Flood Barriers next to Barrier Reef as Australia (I’m reaching now ...)

Last edited:
Bootstrap Paradox - Whilst playing as Eleanor of Aquataine leading France, conquer Eleanor of Aquataine leading England.

Fixing the timeline - Whilst playing as Eleanor of Aquataine leading England, revive Eleanor of Aquataine leading France who was previously eliminated.

They updated all the old achievements this afternoon. Hopefully new ones soon

What do you mean updated? I hope I didn't lose any I already have. :) Did the requirements change?

Curling Parenting: As Sweden, win three Aid Request emergencies where Canada is the target in the same game

Came up on mine, wasn't there this morning. Let the speculation begin.

I can't figure anything out from those numbers. The 8 series goes up to 31, then the 9 series begins. I'm guessing 9 series may be scenarios? But 28 achievements seems too many for 2 scenarios.

Ready for predictions?

New formal 9 Civs should crank out 9 DeityWins + 9 other specifically aimed at their Unique features == 18/51

Two scenarios might offer a total of at least 3 each == (+6)24/51

Usually we get a variety of special "objectives" aimed at exposing any of the newest gameplay rules, so..

1) Global Environment
2) Engineering/Dam+Canal+Tunnel+Railroad
3) Power/Resources
4) New Era.. Future Techs+Civics/Events
5) Diplomatic Victory
6) Extra concepts like World Congress, etc.

Total of which would easily fill up the remaining slots == (+27)51/51.
More or less should be defined by the six categories listed above.

They also tend to create ONE very special kind with extremely difficult goal(s). I expect two or three such cool challenges.

Top Bottom