Action buttons based on GuildWars Icons

R

Rabbit, White

If you're not familiar with it, GuildWars is an online RPG that has tons of skills for different classes, and they come with very well designed icons. I got an idea from FFH2 screenshot to convert those into civ4-style buttons. They can be used for actions, tech icons, unit icons, promotions or anything else you want. Absolutely all credit goes to the talented artists and designers at ArenaNet (I hope they won't mind us borrowing these :worship: :)), so if you use any of these in your mod, please make sure to mention that.

Individual downloads for each of the button sets are no longer available as I've uploaded the complete set into the file database. You can download it here. There is also a mirror available just in case.

First Batch - Elementalist Skills - download
Most notable here are the various fire and lightning icons, plus there is one with a head of a beast.

This is just a sample pic, there are actually 67 icons in this batch.

I'll be adding rest of the icons over the next few weeks.

Second Batch - Mesmer Skills - download
These have several icon with a person, plus several that use rune-like characters. Total of 55 buttons.

Third Batch - Monk and Warrior Skills - download
The monk icons have a nice blue theme and have many "holy" themed images. The warrior icons contain many weapons and characters making them perfect for unit or character (hero units) buttons.

Fourth Batch - Necromancer Skills - download
Some great death related icons, lots of "skull" and "zombie" images. Here is a taste, there are total of 62 buttons here.

Fifth Batch - Ranger Skills - download
These are probably the least suitable for [civ4] but nonetheless, there are some great animal related icons, as well as arrow themed ones.

Enjoy :)

Ya know they could be extremely useful for a fantasy based scenarios. :D

Added a second batch of buttons (first post), based on Mesmer skills.

Duke van Frost said:
OMG :eek:

The gfx those guys do are amazing, not simple but very recognizable at such a small scale!!
Definitely. It's one of the best looking games I know, in terms of art direction and overall look and style of the game, and the icons are the same quality as the rest of the game. And there are 6 more (I think) professions (classes) left, so that's like another 300+ icons. :thumsbup:

Rabbit said:
so that's like another 300+ icons.

Are you planning on releasing all of them?

Because If you want to concentrate on other things (i.e. units and equipment ;) ) you could email me the files, or just tell me were I can find those pics online. :rolleyes:

Duke van Frost said:
Are you planning on releasing all of them?

Because If you want to concentrate on other things (i.e. units and equipment ;) ) you could email me the files, or just tell me were I can find those pics online. :rolleyes:
Nah, it takes me half an hour or so to create a batch, it just a matter of deciding when to do it. :)

Rabbit said:
Nah, it takes me half an hour or so to create a batch, it just a matter of deciding when to do it. :)

Fine with me, 'cause I just had my first time experience with 3dsMAX last night (now that sounds kinda strange :lol: ). And I think I´ll invest some more time in that now (wanna do some buildings).

BTW, If you got a little bit of experienced with this program, maybe you can PM me, I got some questions concerning light and skinning (and tutorials seem to be hard to find).

Duke van Frost said:
BTW, If you got a little bit of experienced with this program, maybe you can PM me, I got some questions concerning light and skinning (and tutorials seem to be hard to find).
Sure, just PM me any questions you have.

Updated first post with the third batch of buttons, this time based on Warrior and Monk skills.

Updated with the final Ranger based set. Also added a link to the entire collection of buttons at the top of the post.

Civmansam said:
You still don't have assassin and Ritualist buttons...
Er... time to fess up... while I do have Guild Wars I am lazy by nature and I didn't screenshot these icons from the game. Rather I grabbed them from gwonline.net (and in fact, if you play/ed GW you'd notice that some icons are missing).

Anyway, these guys have yet to update their database with Assassin and Ritualist's icons, and seeing how the other year-old proffessions still have missing icons I doubt they'll be updating them any time soon. Myself I am not going to to get Factions, so unless I find another source for these icons or gwonline updates their database, I won't be making buttons based on these two proffessions.

very nice work! think we might be able to squeeze some of the Monk buttons in if we decide to go for a SMAC ascent to transcendence route with Roanoke.

Again, NICE! :D

Top Bottom