Adding new features to HR's DLL

Progress Update:

I've merged Advanced Diplomacy 2 successfully except for 1 AI function which is proving rather challenging. Once I've figured it out, I'll release a 1.25 'alpha' so you can all try it out. I've also cut a few features from it that I didn't like or didn't make sense for HR:
  • POW Exchange
  • Corporation HQ Trading
  • Shared Civic Attitude
  • Favourite Wonders
  • UN Vote: Capital Punishment
  • UN Vote: Military Medicine
Still unsure about Shared Friend/Enemy Attitudes and UN Vote: Victim's Rights. Active Senate is in, but I'm not sure if I'll use it yet. You can read about what will be included in the AD2 thread. I've decided not to merge DCM or Super Spies for 1.25 (too much at once), but will consider them for future versions.

First, yay for Super Forts! :D
What features of DCM will you incorporate?

I found an interesting mod here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ4-reimagined.569959/

Most interesting feature is this:
A single resource can only support a finite population. If your population grows too large and a single resource can't satisfy the demand all health, happiness and production benefits are reduced accordingly. Additional resources of the same kind are then required to mitigate the resource shortage: If one pig would grant you only +0.7 health because of high population, two pigs will give you the full +1.0 health bonus. When a swordsman is build with a 0.8 ratio in iron the production speed is reduced to 80%. Researching technologies improves your resource ratio, reflecting your increased ability to foster and distribute your resources. This change is a boon for small realms who can keep up their 1.0 ratios easily. However playing a large realm is more fun than ever as your constant struggle to connect new and old resources keeps you on the lookout for good settling positions and trade deals.
If it's not too hard to implement... :)

EDIT: If you implemented "barbarian peace" UN resolution from AD2, please rename it to "protect indigenous people act" or something like that. :D "Barbarian peace" does not fit the UN well :D

Last edited:
What features of DCM will you incorporate?

I don't know yet. I'll review them when the time comes.

I saw that one, and I've made a note to have a look through it at some point.

A single resource can only support a finite population. If your population grows too large and a single resource can't satisfy the demand all health, happiness and production benefits are reduced accordingly. Additional resources of the same kind are then required to mitigate the resource shortage: If one pig would grant you only +0.7 health because of high population, two pigs will give you the full +1.0 health bonus. When a swordsman is build with a 0.8 ratio in iron the production speed is reduced to 80%. Researching technologies improves your resource ratio, reflecting your increased ability to foster and distribute your resources. This change is a boon for small realms who can keep up their 1.0 ratios easily. However playing a large realm is more fun than ever as your constant struggle to connect new and old resources keeps you on the lookout for good settling positions and trade deals.

Interesting for sure. I'll take a look after 1.25 is done. Working with the DLL is still quite new to me, so I don't want to get too carried away too soon, lest I introduce too much instability in the process. And as always, I need to ensure that any DLL changes I might make don't interfere with the Mac side.

EDIT: If you implemented "barbarian peace" UN resolution from AD2, please rename it to "protect indigenous people act" or something like that. :D "Barbarian peace" does not fit the UN well :D

Yeah, good point.

Last edited:
hey xyth,

I don't know yet. I'll review them when the time comes.

i dont recommend dale code, the ai wont use it, also, less multiplayer stable.

the civ4reimagined ,
theyre health / resource system, is quite impressive, their mod is excellent, very challanging and fun,
but , it is very hardto extract the resource ratio system.
so ive thought of some other mechanism for health and happiness using 2 mods named multiple resources for buildings and units by thelopez.
it is rather easy to merge, and will allow nice usage of more than 1 resource.

ah wait, but it might not be mac compatible since it changes xml.

anyway xyth,
like i said before, i had a lot of small stuff merged into kmod,
i would be happy to assist you with dll merges and xml merges if you wish it.

edit:
which of the ad2 did you merge? the 2.6 or the 2.8?
note that theres a ctd fix on the last thread .

i dont recommend dale code, the ai wont use it, also, less multiplayer stable.

I've only had a cursory look, and yeah, the big changes like Stack Attack will probably break things. Some of the smaller changes like the new Air missions might be ok though.

the civ4reimagined ,
theyre health / resource system, is quite impressive, their mod is excellent, very challanging and fun,
but , it is very hardto extract the resource ratio system.

Yeah, it's a very extensive change.

so ive thought of some other mechanism for health and happiness using 2 mods named multiple resources for buildings and units by thelopez.
it is rather easy to merge, and will allow nice usage of more than 1 resource.

I'll check them out sometime.

ah wait, but it might not be mac compatible since it changes xml.

I've discovered that adding new XML tags won't break Mac compatibility, they'll just be ignored. Changing the way existing XML tags works will cause problems on Mac though. I had to remove a few features of K-mod because of this (e.g. percentage of unhealthiness from population).

anyway xyth,
like i said before, i had a lot of small stuff merged into kmod,
i would be happy to assist you with dll merges and xml merges if you wish it.

If you could take a look at the AI function I've posted about here, that would be a massive help. It's the one function of AD2 I haven't managed to combine yet.

edit:
which of the ad2 did you merge? the 2.6 or the 2.8?
note that theres a ctd fix on the last thread .

I merged 2.8. There were a bunch of minor errors in it, but I think I solved them. I've merged the 2 errors described by Archid on the last page of the AD2 thread.

Hi,

Dale, yeah I guess the air missions should be ok, also the bombardment, orionveteran did some good work there, though not sure that the e ai can use the ranged b.

My suggested health -
Say you build a building of herbalist,
Gives you 1 health with incence.
You happen to get 2nd incence,
You will be able to build herbalist level 2, which require herbalist 1 plus 2 incence, and the cost will be just 1 turn to upgrade, so tgere will be an immediate upgrade once a 3nd res has been acquired.
Easy.
But, need to see what happens without tge dll, if tge code goes back to normal without it, for mac.

Ad2,
In one of my mods incarnation i had 2.6 merged, i can take a look,, though, my sdk skill are low, mostly i handle merges pretty good.

Ill see how i can help.

Edit
I think theres a mod, that merged kmod and revdcm, which includes, ad2,
Maybe evolution or something, cant remember the name, might contain a solution for the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom