Administrator privilege to run CIV4 ?

Sir Clive

King
I love Civ4 BTS and have been playing it for many years.

My old laptop had Windows 10 and was running it fine until it died a few weeks ago
I now have a new laptop ( also running Windows 10 )

I reinstalled BTS but I now have the error that I have seen reported a lot on the internet about having Administrator privileges and BTS will not run.

I am logged in as Administrator.

I've seen a lot of stuff about removing Windfows updates and fiddling with registry but I would rather not do this.

I am happy to pay a few quid if I have to repurchase but I would really like to get this working again with minimum fuss.

Many thanks

Sir Clive

Same thing, although on Windows 7. A friend helped so I could start playing but all my games are under "no HOF and GOTM" and notning helps. I can't even download BOTMs.

Sure. Admin rights provided, too. That's the problem, usually, but something else is not working properly in my case, it seems.

I was asking the OP actually. I don't know what you mean with "no HOF and GOTM".

The problem is that the support for the DRM has been disabled/removed in Windows. Patch 3.19 has removed the DRM from BTS so it should be working normally.

I meant that I get the message that the game I have started does not qualify for HoF and GotM.

Anyway, I'll dowlad and reinstall Patch 3.19, thanks for your help!

Actually I was again referring to the issue with administrator privelege and the game not starting as mentioned in the OP, which you said you also had. I don't know what the deal with HOF and GOTM is.

Top Bottom