Advanced Civ

I wonder... why is Zara Yaqob importing Copper and Iron two times? Is it because they have vassalized Montezuma?

Attachments

• double_trade.jpg
    double_trade.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 30
Looks like it might have become duplicated somehow. Is there a savegame that I would be able to load? Or for a corporation, but the terms being exactly the same is suspicious. And I doubt that it's just a UI issue. Turns to cancel also the same? Is there still a savegame from 3 or 4 turns ago, i.e. just before the 2nd deal (presumably) came into existence? Is that when the vassal agreement was signed?

Ugh... a bit silly of me to not think about the savegame in first place. I've never done that before so do I just attach that file? I use the unit graphics modmod but I believe that's not an issue. So I was able to just make the deal two times as if I had made it with two separate civs. I got the money and delivered the resources normally times two.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1892.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244.8 KB · Views: 14
Oh, I hadn't even realized that you're part of the deal. But of course the "Active" tab only shows human deals. I've loaded the savegame (no problems; thanks), and Zara does have Mining Inc. (not really a spoiler because – other than a bug – it's the only conclusion to draw from his behavior). So I think this is legit.

That's with CvMainInterface.py up to date to the 1.09 Git branch (late February)? The scoreboard changes in there is the only possible cause that comes to mind. I'm not experiencing this delay, at least not if I just load a random savegame.

And I realize that there are still some loose ends in this thread; I guess I'm taking a bit of a break (from implementing even little tweaks), for no particular reason. I hope I'll be back at it soon.

For now, there's only v1.08.1 attached to this post. But I haven't really tested those changes yet, and there's more to come for v1.09.
Edit (June): I've uploaded v1.09.

@keldath: If you have no other lead, could you also check – if you haven't already – whether the delay occurs with just AdvCiv 1.08.1 and whether merging the commit from Feb 28 into 1.08.1 makes a difference? Or maybe someone else can confirm that this is an AdvCiv issue. Going through the commit history, the only 1.08.1 changes that could cause a delay are related to the scoreboard, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
hey,

well,

thats the culprit:

Code:
# <advc.085> Clear the texts in case that we'll decide not to show them.
            # (So that we won't need to check which texts to hide-unhide when only
            # ScoreHelp is dirty.)
            for iPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
                for i in range(Scoreboard.NUM_PARTS):
                    sTextName = "ScoreText%d-%d" %(iPlayer, i)
                    screen.setText(sTextName, "Background", "",
                            CvUtil.FONT_RIGHT_JUSTIFY, 0, 0, 0, FontTypes.SMALL_FONT,
                            WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1)
            # </advc.085>

from the file you uploaded a from several posts ago and in PM.

i did not remove it like you did in the recent commits for some reason.
so now its out and its fixed.

I published a graphics mod for AdvCiv that has ethnically diverse city and improvement styles (includes the previously made unitart mod "Ethnic Units Extended").

Link to thread:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ethnic-artstyles-graphics-modmod.683057/

Umh ... the "assets" folder in your ethinc_artstyles top-level folder contains far fewer files than the assets folder in the advciv mod folder. Am I really supposed to copy the former over the latter?

Sorry if I'm stupid, but could you explain in more detail what to do with your assets and where to put them? I'd really like to try it out.

Thanks.

Umh ... the "assets" folder in your ethinc_artstyles top-level folder contains far fewer files than the assets folder in the advciv mod folder. Am I really supposed to copy the former over the latter?

Sorry if I'm stupid, but could you explain in more detail what to do with your assets and where to put them? I'd really like to try it out.

Thanks.
You need to copy the Assets folder of Ethnic Artstyles and paste it into the same place where the AdvCiv Assets folder is located (aslo drag and drop will work). When asked, overwrite the files. All the files that are included in the Ethnic Artstyles will be added to the AdvCiv's Assets folder. Some of them will be just added and some will be replaced. The rest of the AdvCiv files (in the Assets folder and otherwise) should remain the same. Does that help?

You need to copy the Assets folder of Ethnic Artstyles and paste it into the same place where the AdvCiv Assets folder is located (aslo drag and drop will work). When asked, overwrite the files. All the files that are included in the Ethnic Artstyles will be added to the AdvCiv's Assets folder. Some of them will be just added and some will be replaced. The rest of the AdvCiv files (in the Assets folder and otherwise) should remain the same. Does that help?
Thanks for the explanation. So, basically, the folders will be merged rather than your folder replacing the original one. I'll give it a go.

Again, great job on the mod, thanks.

After playing a fair bit of civ over the last few weeks, I've noticed one recurring hard-crash bug.

It happens when you take a city and decide to "liberate" it, reverting it to its original owner. I've had three games where this happened and don't recall an instance where I did liberate and it didn't crash.

I have a save file, if this is of interest / fixable.

Also, if I may make one wish for a convenience fix, it would be cool if, upon first meeting another civ, you were prompted about assigning espionage points, or they were given one point (or six, as explained elsewhere :)) by default.

Other than that: Stellar game, still. Love it to bits.

Re: Barbs, difficulty and randomness: One thing I've noticed over the span of a dozen or so games at huge / marathon / totestra / 18 civs / monarch (no tech trading, etc) is that barbarians are maybe the main driver of who comes out ahead in the mid-game and who doesn't. On these huge worlds, a lot of space is left un-busted, especially along wiggly coastlies, and this causes barb galley to spawn, which can be the bane of any civilization. I've had games where a place of contested coastal space was infested with half a dozen marauding barb galleys dropping off stacks of swordsmen turn after turn.

Many civs struggle with barbs, most lose at least one city, and - reliably - 3 to 5 civs wind up being hobbled for life because they keep losing cities to early barb attacks. In one game, there was a cluster of seven neighboring barb cities, with acces to iron and horses and they stuck it out well into the middle ages. Quite a spectacle in the replay.

Barbs are certainly the biggest randomizer on these settings, and managing them for your own civ is a real challenge, depending on your start. I've grown used to it and quite like the settings as they are, but it does make some games a lot harder than others ... or easier, if your neighbor is one of those crippled by barbs.

@f1rpo - Thanks for your great work.

Top Bottom