Aerospace Contractors

Sostratus

Deity
Is this card underrated?

While experimenting, I had a game where I rolled Exodus Imperative right at the start of the future tree and slotted Aerospace Contractors. +3 Aluminum and +3 power for every spaceport.

Now, spaceports are pricy at 1,800 hammers. But many times I find that Aluminum is waaay too scarce (only 2 units per mine?! Stingy!) and also coal for power generation. This card, if you build a few spaceports, can completely turn things around: separate to or combined with synthetic technocracy, you have gobs of power. Aka more t3 buildings like labs and broadcast towers.
The aluminum though, is the real kicker- since I often end up with vast surpluses of late game production and can afford to bolt together 10 spaceports, suddenly I can bank so much aluminum that I can afford a Lagrange laser station everywhere for space wins. That means you can push out a win within a few turns of launch.

alternatively, with 30+ aluminum income, you can truly have the most ridiculous air force ever. Great for those fascism into corporate libertarian builds when you can have all the resources. And then start a multi front offensive against even the most hardened empires.

Yes, seems designed for an SV
But I have a power station and 150 aluminium stored so why do I need a card?
Ironically it only makes SV “more winning.” But it seems like as a policy card, it basically enhances any late game in the way that Rationalism boosts any strategy in the mid game.
It’s extraordinary and for some victories - conquest especially - it might be worth building space ports just to get the bonus.

I've had a lot of success with it. I usually build a few spaceports just in case of spies so having them produce aluminum for me is very nice. I tend to play with random resources and it comes up sparse a lot and those games it does a ton of work on.

Top Bottom