AG13 - OCC Demigod

Now, can we finally build some military?

Also, I would mobolize now.
After the hospital completes I don't think we have much of anything to build. I think Mobolize is a good option.

There have probably been border expansions. I was also thinking more of stopping Sumeria when I was thinking about it (which means a Persian city would block) so it may not be possible.

I guess I should have stated at "Look into the possibility of blocking the choke" as my information was out of date.

Is closing the choke with uints when we have an ROP an exploit?. I am guessing yes.

IHT: Nothing much.

IT: Sumerians enter our lands. Do they want to attack? We lose the coal and wines. We don't need the wines. But coal would be nice. Otoh we are not too far from a hydro plant. Hospital->Sipahi.

Turn 1 (1430 AD) I join our native workers and some slaves. We are now size 20. I mobilize and we make 100 spt. This is 1 Sipahi per turn...

I demand Sumeria to leave us alone. Sumeria answers with a war declaration.

Persia joins us for 20 gpt and a lux.

I then buy rubber for 7 gpt and upgrade a rifle to infantry. In hindsight this is a big mistake. It forces us to stay at peace for 20 turns.

-Artillery knock HP's from infantry and rifles next to our city.
-Our Sipahi army kills 2 cavs, a 2 HP guerilla and a 1 HP ionfantry, losing only 4 HP.
-Two 4/4 Sipahi kill redlined rifles.
-4/4 Sipahi kills 3/4 rifle.
-4/4 Sipahi redlined vs 3/4 rifle.
-4/4 Sipahi killed by 2/4 rifle.
-4/4 Sipahi kills 2/4 rifle. [7-1]

IT: Sumeria doesn't attack :eek: All Sumerian towns to the west are ALREADY Persian!!! :eek: I decide to go on a defensive war and let the two fight it out. I don't want to see Persia grow to quickly... Sipahi->Infantry.

Turn 2 (1435 AD) 7 units close to our borders are redlined.

5/5 Sipahi kills 1/4 infantry :dance:

Leader Suleyman the first rushes the Military Academy.

Two 4/4 Sipahi kills 2 redlined infantry.
4/4 Sipahi kills 1/4 rifle.
Sipahi Army kills 2 rifles.
5/5 knight kills 1/4 MDI. [14-1]

Two rifles are ugraded.

IT: Again no counter-attack. Military Academy->infantry.

Turn 3 (1440 AD) I redline 4 Sumerian ships.

Again 2 rifles upgraded.

IT: Sumerians move their entire military towards Persia. Infantry->Sipahi.

Turn 4 (1445 AD) I again bombard ships and do nothing else. I don't want to destroy a blaance. At this moment Sumeria is attacking and that is actually a good thing. Two new rifle upgrades.

IT: Sipahi->Sipahi.

Turn 5 (1450 AD) I bombard Sumerian lands that surround us. 2 new rifle upgrades.

IT: Still no Persian unit in sight and no Sumerian counter-attack. Wait, they send one infantry! Sipahi->Sipahi.

Turn 6 (1455 AD) Last rifle upgraded. Again two ships redlined. And the infantry as well. 4/4 Sipahi takes it out [15-1]

IT: Sumeria takes a town north of us, but Persia counterattacks and razes it. Good :D Sipahi->Sipahi.

Turn 7 (1460 AD) 2 infs redlined. Two 4/4 Sipahi kill the infatry. [17-1]

Turn 8 (1465 AD) Persia knows Steel. I redline the Sumerian ships again. Sumeria allows us to talk to them. So we are getting in a position where we can switch sides.

IT: Sipahi->Sipahi. I continue with Sipahi as long as we have saltpeter. We have enough infantry imvho.

Turn 9 (1470 AD) Nothing much.

Turn 10 (1475 AD) These are warturns, but I will play 15. There's not much happening.

Turn 11 (1480 AD) Nothing much.

IT: Sipahi->Sipahi. Persia finishes Universal Suffrage.

Turn 12 (1485 AD) I expected Persian troops. Where are they???

Turn 13 (1490 AD) Zzzz

IT: Sumerian troops now approach us. Sipahi->Sipahi.

Turn 14 (1495 AD) Sumeria and Persia both know Espionage! 5 infantry and 1 guerilla are wounded by our artillery.
Sipahi army kills 4 infantry, losing 2 HP.
4/4 Sipahi loses vs 1/4 infantry
Two other 4/4 infantry kill a guerilla and infantry [23-2]

IT: SUMERIA AND PERSIA SIGN PEACE!

Turn 15 (1500 AD) I kill two Sumerian infantry.

I sell Sanitation to Persia for Espionage and 625 gold.
I make peace with Sumeria for Tubub. I then abandon that city.

I try to immediately steal from Persia and Persia declares war. I ally with Sumeria for:

Attack of Kutha:
-artillery redlines infantry.
-we raze Kutha with a 4/4 Sipahi for 2 gold. [26-2]

I mobilize again.

I have to deeply apologize. I shouldn't have made a seperate deal for the rubber in my first turn. Now I was forced to throw away money for a war. I had to sell Sanitation for money in order to make a steal possible... The deal was at max prices and included Espionage. This makes it less painful I guess.

I think that we should be at war until the end of the game. I believe that we can handle this. We can build artillery if we don't have resources. So we always can build useful military.

Attachments

• AG13-1500AD.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 90
If we are planing to steal our way to new techs to we want to build the spy agency?

I think we should try and raze all Persian towns to the west as 1st priority and try and seal off the choke to the north. meanwhile let Sumer and Persia fight to the north and east. Hopefully Sumer are bogged down in the war and won't resettle the land there. It has all the resources we need. If we can succeed to take the west and hold it, we can win this, I think.

preturn: I turn on research to get Steel in 13 turns. I had hoped we would not need tanks but given the current situation I am not so sure.

IBT we can no longer build Sipahi.

1505AD: I sign RoP with Sumeria and send our workers to connect the iron. We need to build railroads to get to the front faster.

I kill 3 infantry and 1 cav and raze Nagsu. We get 3 slaves. 2 build road and the third makes a rubber colony.

I kill 2 infantry and raze Zohak.

IBT: no attack.

1510AD: Lose a sipahi but we raze Corihuayrachina. It has iron. I connect Sumeria's iron anyway, but don't buy it (and it's expensive).

I create a furs colony.

1515AD: still no attack but Susa is under attack. Even our exposed injured sipahi's are not attacked.

We build iron colony and start railroading to the front.

Kill 3 infantry and raze Cuzco with Shakespear. We control the choke point.

IBT Sumeria builds a town and eats our rubber, but Persia then autorazes it. :D We lose 1 infantry and 2 sipahi, but the reason is that we blocked the way Persia needed to get to Sumeria. So don't do that again.

1520AD: Recreate rubber colony. Elite knight loses to redlined cav!

We kill 5 infantry and raze Machu Picchu with Smith's Trading Company. We then create saltpeter colony. But I keep building infantry as we lack them to defend our colonies.

Our new choke was attacked last turn so I open it up for now until we have enough infantry to seal it. It would then kill those Sumerian settlers for us.

IBT Persia lose 3 infantry and kill a Sumerian settler. :D We lose a stack of 4 workers.

1530AD: Kill two infantry and raze Ollantaytambo.

Sumeria is going to claim the rubber again, so I create another rubber colony.

1535AD: Create an ivory colony.

Kill 2 infantry and 1 cav and raze Dariush Kabir. It has another source of saltpeter. I fortify an infantry on it but do not create colony as I do not want Sumeria to demand it.

1540AD: Kill 3 infantry and raze Pasargadae with Zeus. We gain 5 slaves and an artillery.

Persia apparently razed another new Sumerian town.

IBT: Sumeria captures Arbela!

1545AD: Now Sumeria has been No.1 in territory.

I move stacl toward Persepolis.

1555AD: Persepolis has a lot of defenders (~10 infantry). We kill two and have to heal the army.

Interesting, we have 20% WW, and 4% due to "cruel oppression you have bore down upon us". How can that be?

IBT Steel -> Combustion.

1560AD: Persia's capital has dropped to size 6 from 8. Very good. We kill 6 infantry and there are probably 6 more left.

1565AD: Persia's capital drops to size 4. It's drafting like mad.

We kill 5 infantry and finally raze Persepolis. It's got a lot of wonders. We capture 9 slaves.

I create incense colony and we can lower lux to 0. It's just break-even, so if something happens we might riot. Since the insense isn't safe I keep the lux rate.

I decide not to push more to Persia's core. Maybe clean up the west a bit.

Persia agrees to talk and it has no new techs.

IBT Sumeria captures Antioch and settles a town to steal the incense! :mad:

1570AD: I retreat troops from the north. We autoraze Huamanga and Vilcas, capture an artillery, but lose Aggie's Dream.

1575AD: Raze Istakhr.

Let's declare on Sumeria in 7 turns and eliminate it non-stop. I've been exclusively building infantry. We need them to fortify in our barricades. Make sure Sumeria doesn't get saltpeter.

We should win the game.

Attachments

• AG13-1575AD.zip
    148 KB · Views: 57
Interesting, we have 20% WW, and 4% due to "cruel oppression you have bore down upon us". How can that be?
This is inherited from captured and abandoned cities.. when I got the 3 cities for army I got unhappiness from both drafing and poprush. I assume the unhappiness that is still there is from the town Aggie got in peace deal and abandoned.

That was my guess as well. We need to be careful about capturing and abandoning. There should be a real reason to do so. It can get nasty if we abandon a city that has drafted itself to death.

Edit: Can we switch sides? I would like to go after Sumeria now. Keep the two about equal in strength.

got it, will play tonight.

I wouldn't even switch sides anymore. I would simply take on Sumer as well once the deals are up. This should be possible and allow us to get both Civ's from the main Island with Sumer gone completely.

what do you all think? Reason is, if we declare on Sumer and make peace with Persia, we face the issue that Persia might settle on our colonies again. i think we should be strong enough to hold the chokes we created. we need to raze Sumer core soon.

ThERat said:
I wouldn't even switch sides anymore. I would simply take on Sumer as well once the deals are up.

what do you all think? Reason is, if we declare on Sumer and make peace with Persia, we face the issue that Persia might settle on our colonies again. i think we should be strong enough to hold the chokes we created. we need to raze Sumer core soon.

Look at the map. We have held the chokes, so Persia has to send boats to settle. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

We shouldn't make peace with Persia and could just declare on Sumeria. But if Persia makes peace with Sumeria, I think we'd better make peace and MA with Persia..but depending on the progress maybe it's not necessary.

:thumbsup: @ Microbe :)

ROSTER (15 turns in peace time, 10 turns when at war):
Aggie
Microbe (just)
ThERat (up)
Gyathaar
Greebley
LKendter

We got the cruel oppression issues after I made peace for a city with Sumeria. I agree that we don't need to make peace with Persia now - maybe later though. Sumeria hasn't got saltpeter and we should be able to crush them with our infanty and Sipahi. Before this war vs Persia we were most afraid of X-man. This only shows how close to victory we are.

Please don't forget to get as many island cities as we can from Persia for peace when we want peace with them (not soon!) We then have to stay at peace for 20 turns, but that maybe be worthwhile (not naval invasion). It also could allow us to build a 2nd army (8 cities needed).

microbe already pointed it out, but it's vital that Sumeria doesn't get saltpeter.

microbe already pointed it out, but it's vital that Sumeria doesn't get saltpeter.
yes, no more peace with Sumer to deny them salt. depending on WW and overall situation, I will decide whether to make peace with Persia at one point of time.
Look at the map. We have held the chokes, so Persia has to send boats to settle
I saw it, microbe and the block is even further up north :) I was saying that I hope we can hold that block.

It also could allow us to build a 2nd army (8 cities needed).
Persia has currently 12 cities left (from what I see here). this will be a hard nut to crack. Since we would want peace only once we can declare on Sumer.

By the way, I can see we do deficit research at -42gpt. Do you think that's necessary? Is it's vital to research at 12 turns or rather keep the money to speed sth later on?

I didn't mean that we should make peace soon. But at one point, when Persia is even weaker, we could decide to do so and get cities for peace. Doesn't seem like this time has arrived...

Regarding research: doesn't seem needed. I let you decide. Tanks would be nice. But do we need them??

The thing is, I don't see us need money for anything else. With mobolization we can build a unit every turn anyway. Putting into research is "just in case". Of course, it could be slowed down or turned off when money is needed.

Top Bottom