AG7 - Revenge of the Democracy

Hmmm...Sorry about that. I didn't mean to put the settler on go-to. Don't know how it could have happened.

Stapel is almost finished.....

Sorry, but Stapel is rather busy with work lately. Stuff is rather tensed here.

I will complete it tonight!

Sorry again.

Turn 1; 1600 BC; Change Washington, Seatlle and Philadelphia to Barracks. atlanta to settler. New York stays on granary. San Fran to temple (pre-build for whate ever)

IT: Pyramids in China.

Turn 2; 1575 BC;

IT: English have Colossus

Turn 3; 1550 BC;
Turn 4; 1525 BC;
Turn 5; 1500 BC; Build Miami between gold and iron. Japanese have Philosophy, Babylonians have Code of Laws. They will seel for 12 gpt and 12 gold. when putting science to 0, we have 20 gpt. I think it is too expensive
Turn 6; 1475 BC; I but CoL +10 gold from the Japanese for 3gpt. A healthy tech exchange gives us philo, poly and mapmaking, + 16 gold. I set science to 0% and put a 50 turn scientist at work in Chicago. I also bought two German workers in a tech deal. Remeber to return them later!
Turn 7; 1450 BC; English have construction. they won't sell for poly, philo, mapmaking,CoL, 47 gold and 24 gpt....... They won't :hmm: :mad:
Turn 8; 1425 BC;
Turn 9; 1400 BC;
Turn 10; 1375 BC; We get construction from the Englsih for 3 techs. It appears almost all AIs have it now.

Hey, I played 11 turns....

Anyway: Atlanta is mm-ed for settler build in one! The other settler should go to the spicve up north!
Science is still at 0%

Sadly Carlos is dropping this SG :( And Meli is missing. That makes me up. There's an open spot for someone interested in a deity variant :)

ROSTER
-Aggie-------------->up
-Jack Merchant----> on deck
-Stapel-------------> just played
-Yom
-Melifuous
-open spot

microbe: you picking up for me (my 1.22 troubles) means this team is getting much stronger!

great! :D

I'll be busy lurking ;)

Preturn check: Quite good. We grabbed quite some land. And tech parity? Probably partly due to the expansionist trait. ;)

IBT: Atlanta settler->horse. English starts Great Lighthouse. Japan starts Zeus.

(1)1325BC: zzz

IBT Washington spear->settler. Philadephia spear->spear. Chicago worker->worker.

(2)1300BC: An English warrior approaches our two workers. I have to move them away. I feel growth is more important than saving one or two gpt, so I fire the scientist and raise lux to 10.

(3)1275BC: We meet the last CIV: Russia. She lacks Math, Philosophy and Poly and has 46g. What a shame for an expansionist civ. Russia is actually the No.1 in score. :hmm:

(4)1250BC: Temporarily raise lux to 10, and hire a scientist in Miami. Sci to 0.

IBT New York Granary->settler. Seattle rax->spear. China completes MoM.

(5)1255BC: Japan beats us to settle on the horse in the north. :mad: I'll settle beside the mountain instead.

IBT Washington settler->spear.

(6)1200BC: Houston and Buffalo are founded.

IBT: FP message. Chicago worker->worker.

(7)1175BC: I think New York is a good place for the FP, but it's building a settler right now. Japan has monopoly on Currency.

IBT Japan demands 34g, I cave. Philadelphia spear->sword. England builds Great Wall. Russia starts Great Library! France completes ToA.

(8)1150BC: France, Japan and China all get Currency and Lit. Fortunately Russia still lacks Construction and it's a straight trade.

IBT Washington spear->settler.

(9)1125BC: zzz

(10)1100BC: zzz

We have one settler next turn to found a city right away, and two other settlers in a couple of turns.

We are doing quite well. Good luck!

AG7-1100BC

Originally posted by microbe
I feel growth is more important than saving one or two gpt, so I fire the scientist and raise lux to 10.
Chigaco won't grow faster by this......

(4)1250BC: Temporarily raise lux to 10, and hire a scientist in Miami. Sci to 0.
One of them would be good enough... Either raise lux, or hire a scienitist in Miami. Not both.

(5)1255BC: Japan beats us to settle on the horse in the north. :mad: I'll settle beside the mountain instead.
North? you mean south, I guess.

Just my 2 grants ;)

Chigaco won't grow faster by this......

hm? I don't remember the details but more working tiles == more food.

One of them would be good enough... Either raise lux, or hire a scienitist in Miami. Not both.

But Washington also hit size 5.

North? you mean south, I guess.

Right..

Just my 2 grants ;)

or 3 ;)

Originally posted by microbe
hm? I don't remember the details but more working tiles == more food.
Point is: more food will not by definition mean faster growth. Waste of food is a much seen phenomenon. Apart from that, why raise the lux, when 1 city already has a surplus of 8 food?

But Washington also hit size 5.
That is a good argument indeed.[/B][/QUOTE]

My fault, I should have sent that other settler southwards.

Top Bottom