1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age od Discovery(world map)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, May 17, 2012.

1. Quillum

Quillum Chieftain

This is a great mod. Anyone know if this has been updated since the Dutch Fluyt crash. Thanks.

2. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

Not yet. Looks like Nexxo is working on an update, but has been busy.

I'm looking forward to the update, too. Nexxo has a great thing going here.

Welcome to CFC!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I made patch for Dutch Fluyt. Just DL Dutch Fluyt INI beneath main DL section. Anyway when change Dutch Fluyt INI everything should work fine now and I tested and all units works.

I also made many changes in biq in reducing corruption and few other stuff. I will make bigger version of this with many new stuff soon but now I need to finish modifications on WWII scenario which will take some time.

4. Kitomakazu

Kitomakazu Chieftain

Wait, what sort of changes are we talking about now? A change log would be nice if you do have one in your records.

5. Chiemeron

Chiemeron Chieftain

Great scenario, I really enjoy playing it, but i wonder why i can't build any temples in the new world, even though i have quarry. Is it supposed to be like that?

6. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Are you sure that you have quarry because quarry and colonies resources use same icons.

7. steffenopolis

steffenopolis Chieftain

Intense and will play for hours!

8. odakyu2

odakyu2 Chieftain

I downloaded this scenario but I cannot play. Please help. There is an error msg: "Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Navigation_School"

9. r16

r16 not deity

ı finally had a chance to play this , testing with Ottomans . A few oversights that might be taken care of . Trabzonspor is the football team of that city , Erzurum would better be renamed as Malatya or Diyarbakır , if not diagonally moved a tile up . Mekke should be landlocked but ı guess that was intented to be Cidde /Jeddah and ı feel the Kabe should be in the game as a wonder , maybe autoproducing Ansar Warriors . That unit could also be renamed since Ensar hence those people who saw the Prophet would be long gone . The Berber leadership must be somebody else , because when his older brother Oruç was killed by the Spanish , Barbaros turned to the Ottomans . ı must say he is more Ottoman that North African Corsair . And ı think two pirate havens in the Caribbean are credited to the Berbers , it feels odd seeing them there in 1490 but ı guess they are better bets for game play than loads of barbarian galleys .

10. r16

r16 not deity

it is possible that you have the game folder in a similarly named folder , Winrar does that if you are accustomed to use it with the extract to folder option .

11. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Hello

I've just started playing as Portugal, but I can't build settlers. What does it take to have them? Not much good discovering the world and not being able to colonize it :(

12. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

You can build colonist but you need first to discover civilization advances that allows to build settlers. Portugal have wonder from start Dias voyage that auto produce colonist every 8 turns.

13. jlvfr

jlvfr King

I noticed my overseas colonies don't seem to have a trade network with the mainland, even with harbours everywhere. Will there be techs to allow this network to function? Otherwise, the colonies won't be able to contribute much...

Correction: they won't contribute, period. I can't even build a temple/church...

14. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Colonies can produce gold, silver, spices etc... improvements that produces treasure which you need to return into your capital to get gold and VP.
    I disabled trading across water to make turns faster.
    Temples and most of city improvements need quarry to be build.

15. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Then the colonies won't be able to grow much, or produce decent units :(

16. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Can you tell me how to switch the trading back on? I'd like to test the scenario with it.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

You can in editor. Choose some advance that you have from beginning and mark enable trading across sea and ocean and go on city improvements and on harbor mark allows water trade.
    I try this before and game was much slower.

18. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Well done Nexxo, this looks great :)

Btw Thessalonika should be where you placed Skopje, the latter being further to the north ;)

19. Chiemeron

Chiemeron Chieftain

I think it would be better if the temple wouldn't require any resources, because it's almost impossible to settle whole Africa, Australia or the Philippines as a protestant country without any temples. :)

20. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Thank you:) Your cities make this looks better then it would normaly do.:)