1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age od Discovery(world map)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, May 17, 2012.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Yes, I agree. Churches/temples will be build without any resources. I'm currently busy but I will fix this.:)

2. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I was working on this scenario for a while, and just got back with it. For water trading, simply check "Enable Water Trade" for harbor, but it is going to slow the game down drastically. To get it to run on my slower laptop, I took at a bunch of the civilizations, and also eliminated a lot of cities, especially in Siberia, which did not exist until sometime in the 1800s or 1900s. I have Commercial Dock set for Water Trading, but that does take a while to get to as it becomes available with the Mercantilism advance. Not having harbors to trade is a real problem.

I have modified it quite a bit from the original, and for the Dutch Fluyt, I use the Schooner, restricted simply to the Dutch.

In the game I am in right now, I am at 1526AD in my modified game, and I am spending about 10 minutes while the AI does it thing and 30 seconds to a minute to do what I am doing. It is getting very tiresome, so I am looking at doing a lot more trimming of Barbarians and cities, and maybe some civilizations. In 1490, the Holy Roman Empire, Germany, and the Austrian Empire were all ruled by the same person, so that could be merged. However, that probably would make the combination over-powered. France, under Charles the Eighth was about to go blitzing into Italy, and reduce the Papal States to a shuttlecock between France and Spain.

I also am having problems with a lot of the European Powers turning to Blood Cult government, which is really weird. I set the Blood Cult government to basically worse than Despotism, and that got rid of that problem, but it sure messes up the Native American tribes.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Instead, have Blood Cult require a tech only the Aboriginal American tribes can get.

4. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I am still learning how to add units and buildings, so I am not yet ready to try to tackle the Tech Tree. I am mainly on a Mac laptop.

Also, in one game, I am getting hit with massive numbers of my Cossack Barbarians, like stacks of 36 to 48 of them at once. Not sure what is triggering that massive spawning.

5. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I have downloaded the updated mod, and the file for the Dutch Fluyt. Might I get someone to explain what to do with it and where to put the file?

Edit Note: I normally am on a Mac.

6. Takhisis

Are you using Quintillus' editor? It's cross-platform.

7. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I have been using Quintillus' editor, but it has some quirks when it comes to Barbarians. I also have managed to get my Window laptop that I inherited from my son going again, sort of, so have Steph's editor in a couple of formats, and the regular editor for Conquests.

8. Theov

Theov Deity

Gonna give this a try, I love this era.

9. LucioRP

LucioRP Chieftain

Anyone can reupload this scenario? Thanks

10. Takhisis

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Sadly, with the Burning (Disk-Hack/Crash) of the Great Library in 2016, I no longer have anything not in the current DBs :dunno:

12. r16

r16 not deity

ı have it with me , on the USB memory . Don't have a download adress because these things like cost money and your web account , but ı can upload it on CFC part by part or at the very maximum and stuff email to some person who will reassemble it and have a proper adress for download . But please have a powerful antivirus programme , ı have never had any confidence in the webcafe safety of internet , stupid dormant viruses might appear .

13. Takhisis

r16, you can upload it temporarily somewhere (Mediafire? WeTransfer?) and I can later make a more permanent upload.

14. r16

r16 not deity

mediafire ı know and use to download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hcbfslw3m5ra2ng/Age_of_Discovery%28World_Map%29.rar/file

should be the adress . ı might have corrected the name to Age of , it is 81MBs on my side , Mediafire shows as 79.57 or something similar and please strong antivirus programs , in case .

open the rar if possible and if there's anything missing ı can possibly add through CFC's attachments . (Though it might be because it takes a larger space in computers than flash drives as it's 79 Mb on my USB stick , too . 65 folders , 826 items)

here's the biq seperately

Attached Files:

Node60 likes this.
  15. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

r16, Kaspersky Internet Security couldn´t find any threat, neither in the biq nor in the mainfiles.

16. Takhisis

I've just downloaded both .rar files. Normally mediafire just lets things stay up in my experience, but if anybody needs a re-upload then contact me.

17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I am disappointed that the thread title is misleading and this appears to just be an age of discovery mod :(

18. r16

r16 not deity

ı had issues and one of the days ı also had the foolish mistake of trying to load a game (like legally bought , too) and there was no internet connection so the Steam like burned my laptop , but ı always feel ı should be careful . Appreciate the scan . And the mod can be worthwhile but ı remember it should have Kabe as a pre-installed Great Wonder , though my memory might also fail me here .