Ah crap! I forgot to ask a question in yesterday's chat!

Exsanguination

No longer here
Has the tech icon thing been removed? Meaning, can we add new tech icons or least do we not have to go through the entire tech tree shifting everything x icons back (where x is the number of new techs :), this is a modder's thing)? I believe Mike B. said most of the hard-coded limits have been removed, so does that include this one?

One of the Firaxians did say some minor changes were done to the tech area, but I'm not sure which.

Yes, I asked whether there had been "made any changes to the techtree". The answer was "nothing substantial... :confused:

hetairoi22 - they took that as new techs or tech costs. Mike B. verified that no new techs or adjusted tech costs were made.

Originally posted by Exsanguination
Has the tech icon thing been removed? Meaning, can we add new tech icons or least do we not have to go through the entire tech tree shifting everything x icons back (where x is the number of new techs :), this is a modder's thing)? I believe Mike B. said most of the hard-coded limits have been removed, so does that include this one?

This should have been fixed in 1.29. Look in pediaicons.txt. At the bottom you should see the file names for all the tech icons.

Oh! Totally forgot about that :crazyeye:. I never really figured out how it works - does this mean we can just make our own tech icons and put them in to replace the old ones (esp for scenarios)? Is there a specific filename "formula" we need to use? Or will any old name do?

ie. If I add a tech called "Battle of Granicus" (no, not kidding), could I just make an icon called 83-battleofgranicus-small.pcx and another called 83-battleofgranicus-large.pcx? I assume the PediaIcons.txt entry for each would be:

#TECH_Battle_of_Granicus
Art\tech chooser\Icons\83-battleofgranicus-small.pcx

#TECH_Battle_of_Granicus_LARGE
Art\tech chooser\Icons\83-battleofgranicus-large.pcx

Is this correct?

The only naming convention is for the key. It must be the same as the civilopedia key (append _LARGE for the large icons). The filename can be anything. Your example will work as long as the civilopedia key for Battle of Granicus is TECH_Battle_of_Granicus.

Top Bottom