AI not settling

Firts of all.. congratulations for this mod :clap::cooool::banana:, I've been waiting for v37 a long time ago.
i'm going to start with the premise that, I quited v36 :sad: for the "non expanding" AI, hoping that in v37 this could be fixed.
today I've tried mi first game, but like the v36, the Ai expantions it's very poor, making the game boring and easy :rolleyes:, I've reached 12 cities in 112 turns, but the AI poorly can reach 3 cities.
So i tested some changes like you said with the traits options, getting the same results... maybe you can tell me what can I do to change this.

Taking this away there another things i'd like to ask:

1. I saw that you were working on some ocean - lake - coast terrain graphics, but those didn't show on in my game, that's a shame because that work seemed to be great.

2. The total income of gold it's very high reaching, 200+ as i told you with 12 cities (and i'm not making any effort on money)

3. This is a hardware question: what can i do to boost my game speed? i wast thinking on a SSD, have anyone tried that upgrade ? does it really works?

Finally: again congratulations, you've made a great, great job, i'm pointing this out because I want to improve the game experience, so you can go on with better ideas.
P.S: sorry for my english, I'm from Bogotá,Colombia :mischief:

Thanks for the attention

1. I saw that you were working on some ocean - lake - coast terrain graphics, but those didn't show on in my game, that's a shame because that work seemed to be great.
The new water terrain types are not yet generated by mapscripts, and the new textures for them are at the moment under development and available as a modmod here: Link

SSD makes the game launch considerably faster at least.

I've tried mi first game, but like the v36, the Ai expantions it's very poor, making the game boring and easy , I've reached 12 cities in 112 turns, but the AI poorly can reach 3 cities.
Are you starting the game in the Prehistoric era? Even on the fastest gamespeeds I'm extremely surprised someone could get 12 cities in 112 turns. Unless you're starting at Ancient which is unfortunately something we can't seem to keep from being the default.

I'm not seeing AIs having a big problem with expansion playing on Snail and a Prehistoric start. Of course, in C2C, expanding too quickly can be a big problem for the empire so the trick is getting them to expand at a rate that won't cripple their economy as well. If you're playing on a very easy game difficulty you're going to be able to outpace them of course so that could be a factor as well here.

Are you starting the game in the Prehistoric era? Even on the fastest gamespeeds I'm extremely surprised someone could get 12 cities in 112 turns. Unless you're starting at Ancient which is unfortunately something we can't seem to keep from being the default.

I'm not seeing AIs having a big problem with expansion playing on Snail and a Prehistoric start. Of course, in C2C, expanding too quickly can be a big problem for the empire so the trick is getting them to expand at a rate that won't cripple their economy as well. If you're playing on a very easy game difficulty you're going to be able to outpace them of course so that could be a factor as well here.

I didn´t know the whole thing about the prehisotric era.. maybe that´s the problem (BTB i was playing ancient era with normal speed), i'll try a prehistoric era game, thank you. on the other side, you are right, i'm playing with noble difficult, maybe that's the problem i'll try something harder. Thank you for the help :goodjob:

I didn´t know the whole thing about the prehisotric era.. maybe that´s the problem (BTB i was playing ancient era with normal speed), i'll try a prehistoric era game, thank you. on the other side, you are right, i'm playing with noble difficult, maybe that's the problem i'll try something harder. Thank you for the help :goodjob:

No problem. I figure with the Ancient start they're finding lots of other build priorities they would've already taken care of by the time they reach tribalism on Prehistoric and that's holding them up whereas a player may ignore far more of those building options and rush to get more cities on the map right away.

Please note that the number of cities the AI has, as written in the bottom right of the screen, is possibly too low until you both research writing and can do diplomacy. The actual number of cities is either the same or higher than that number. Until you both research writing, it only shows the number of cities you have actually found on the map with your units, not all of his cities.

Please note that the number of cities the AI has, as written in the bottom right of the screen, is possibly too low until you both research writing and can do diplomacy. The actual number of cities is either the same or higher than that number. Until you both research writing, it only shows the number of cities you have actually found on the map with your units, not all of his cities.

Not quite true. If the number is in blue then it is the number of cities you can see or have seen. If it is white it is the actual number. If you go to war with a nation the number changes from white to blue and its value may change.

Not quite true. If the number is in blue then it is the number of cities you can see or have seen. If it is white it is the actual number. If you go to war with a nation the number changes from white to blue and its value may change.

Wow, I never knew that! :scan:

I did know that many times you were not seeing all the AI cities in the List. And once you go to war that # changes to what you can actually"see" with your own units.

JosEPh

I'm still early in my game with ver36 which is the newest release, but the ai seems to be settling ok. Two of them got to 3 fairly quickly, but one of them is down to 1 now due to a war. Someone on the other continent may have more though, because I have 4 myself and am a ways behind in the tech race. I had been playing a version of the game from April and have seen the AI with up to 25-30 cities. The ai has came a VERY LONG way since ver35. I don't know if this has changed yet, but playing with ruthless or aggressive ai on really held the ai up in ver35. With those options on I never saw any ai civ with more than ONE city.

I don't know if this has changed yet, but playing with ruthless or aggressive ai on really held the ai up in ver35. With those options on I never saw any ai civ with more than ONE city.

I believe that they are not recommended settings now- for that very reason.

Normal speed is the fastest supported speed, so it's not really a "normal" speed, but rather more equivalent to Blitz.

The "normal" speed is usually considered to be Snail, although I really think it should be Marathon.

Normal speed is the fastest supported speed, so it's not really a "normal" speed, but rather more equivalent to Blitz.

The "normal" speed is usually considered to be Snail, although I really think it should be Marathon.

Agreed about the Marathon statement.

@B0n3es,
SSD should help with End of Turn somewhat. And Normal Gamespeed for Caveman2Cosmos (C2C) is 1001 turns. It's the "Blitz" game speed for C2C but still gives you a good handle on what the Mod is about. After a game or 2 on Normal then try a longer Gamespeed.

Normal = 1001 turns
Epic = ~2000 turns
Marathon = ~4000 turns
Snail = ~ 6000 turns

The last 2 game speeds, Eon (9000 turns) and Eternity (14,000 turns), really should not be played 1st as they are known to distort properties of the Mod. But once you get a feel for the Mod try them out. Many players like them, others don't.

JosEPh

The ai in ver36 is looking very nice so far. I have 1 civ next to me now with 7 cities. I have 11 now, but just built 3 of them. I am in at least 2nd or 3rd place on the scoreboard though since someone is building wonders who's techs I am not that close to getting yet. I suspect whoever it is has at least 10 or more cities and this is fairly early in the ancient era.

Top Bottom