Air Superiority Bug (still)

haladwin

Chieftain
HI community. It was a very long time. I am returning to make my WW2 mod and need your help one more time. Im using de No Raze exe, and my fighters was realy customised. But when an enemy bomber or fighter atacks the tile with a A.S mission fighter or even those neighbours tiles, the defending fighter never intercept the attacking force. i have read that its a bug that was fixed by firaxis patches. My version is 1.22. Am i missing something?

Thank. So, why my fighter doesnt intercept the attackers? I tried diferent setups and anything seems to work. Did anyone have this problem? I have change the values from deafult, so bomber have a strongest bombard strength, and fighters have a stronger values in A/D. But i think a fighters attack of 6 and a bomber defense of 2 is an acceptable balance. so...

Last edited:
I tried a tons of times, but the key is the delay turn. If you put our fighters in Air Superiority Mision this turn, it will make effect the next enemy turn, not the inmediatly next, the another one.

Last edited:
Are they true fighters or jets? iirc jets cannot do air superiority. Other than that, fighters are so so at shooting down regular bombers and very bad at stealth bombers. Stealth jets cannot shot down planes either. You want to shoot down planes, use tow units or mobile sams or flak. Do them in groups of 4. I will use more than four, if I am taking losses, so they always have 4 available in the town or under any stack of units. The way the game works is it only uses 4 on defense. There is an article on it by one of the designers.

I tried a tons of times, but the key is the delay turn. If you put our fighters in Air Superiority Mision this turn, it will make effect the next enemy turn, not the inmediatly next, the another one.
Yes, the Air Superiority (AS) mission is bugged in that it always activates 1 turn 'late' -- even if you give (Jet) Fighters M=2.

@Kirejara investigated this awhile ago; you should be able to locate that thread via his user-page.

(And yes, Jet Fighters + F-15s can also do AS-missions -- it's Stealth Fighters that can't)

Air-unit bombardment of cities will also always hit air-units first, before it hits anything else (just like sea-unit bombardment always hits sea-units first). So you either need to protect your cities with AA-units (or later, a SAM Battery) as @vmxa has noted, or rebase newly-built air units to an Airfield, where they can be protected by fortified land-units (in the sense that the land-unit will get bombed first).

(If you build an Airfield outside your city, and set it as the Rally Point for that city, this re-basing will happen automatically during the interturn when the unit is built, so you can then immediately start assigning the unit to 'proper' air-missions).

It might also be a good idea to turn off "Cancel Orders for Enemy Combat Unit" in the Preferences (Ctrl-P) menu, to prevent your AS-missions from being turned off by any enemy attack.

Are they true fighters or jets? iirc jets cannot do air superiority. Other than that, fighters are so so at shooting down regular bombers and very bad at stealth bombers. Stealth jets cannot shot down planes either. You want to shoot down planes, use tow units or mobile sams or flak. Do them in groups of 4. I will use more than four, if I am taking losses, so they always have 4 available in the town or under any stack of units. The way the game works is it only uses 4 on defense. There is an article on it by one of the designers.
Yes, they are real fighters. The answer I was looking for is:
Yes, the Air Superiority (AS) mission is bugged in that it always activates 1 turn 'late' -- even if you give (Jet) Fighters M=2./QUOTE]

Thanks both of you

Top Bottom