ALC Game 20: Vikings/Ragnar

Its fun to c how the Vikings from an england shaped landmass go and conquer half the world. Hope to c the update soon!

Its fun to c how the Vikings from an england shaped landmass go and conquer half the world. Hope to c the update soon!
History repeating itself, especially since the Vikings practically colonized Britain at one point.

Update coming later today.

Does Hannibal have a Muslim city? Also, do you have to have the AP's SR as your own to vote, or just have a city?

If the latter, and the Muslim buddies pull up a "Stop the War against Hannibal" would it affect you?

GAH! The AP is so confusing...

Well, I meant to update tonight, but between the low production in most of my cities and the watery map, the war is taking longer than I thought it would. And I'm tired. So it'll just have to wait a little longer... not much, I promise...

Ooh, 'The War'! Can't wait. Hope that the city with the burning and screaming will be Carthage.

i fell behind and obviously "the war" has started, so i'll just have to wait and see! my 2 permawuss cents would be with the go attack hannibal crowd, but for a different reason than i've seen others say. if you go after hammurabi, you have to deal with all that AP nonsense, and we don't even know what city to hit to get rid of it early. i hate hate hate getting myself all ready for a war and then being forced to end it in 7 turns because some stuffy pope told me to. i'd rather be the stuffy pope myself, thanks ever so.

Sury and Roosevelt are both at WHEOOHRN status. i find that cute. without astronomy, i guess they plan to go at each other with galleys? Hannibal says he HEOOHRN too, i found that interesting.

Does Hannibal have a Muslim city? Also, do you have to have the AP's SR as your own to vote, or just have a city?

If the latter, and the Muslim buddies pull up a "Stop the War against Hannibal" would it affect you?

GAH! The AP is so confusing...

We have our own city with the AP religion now (Nidaros). you're a voting member of the AP as soon as you have its religion in any city, whether it's your state religion or not. so we are already subject to "stop the fighting" and "assign city X to its rightful owner" votes. you're a full member if it's your state religion (subject to demotion, blah blah, disclaimer here).

but Hannibal isn't a full member of the AP, which is a good thing. the AP resident can only hold "stop the fighting against [full member]" votes, so wars between only non-members and/or voting members can't be interfered with that way. and the AP resident cannot hold a vote to assign a city unless the would-be-new owner is a full member and has majority culture in it. so a war vs Hannibal won't have the AP hassles a war vs. Hammurabi will. and then we just, i dunno, learn mass media and give it to Hamms to obsolete the AP before we fight him or Mehmed *giggle*.

If only a small part of your empire is in the AP religion, you wont be affected much by defying resolutions, having it in the capital is of course not good though..

Your bump only makes the rest of us :twitch: uncontrollably when we see a new post... but no update. :hammer2:

Mmm-hmm.

The only thing keeping me sane and moderately calm is the fantasy that the war was SO GOOD, it's taking S that much longer to write up and edit all the best parts in.

So I keep telling myself it's worth the wait (and it always is).

Yeah the wait is brutal. So I've been reading some year old acidsatyr game that was linked in a diff thread. It's really good. Clearly I need to learn to whip and draft better to not get crushed in my immortal games.

I hope we can all get our ALC fix soon.

Sisiutil: "Last Activity: Jan 11, 2008 11:19 AM".

He's apparently still alive and kicking. :bounce::woohoo::bounce:

@Sisiutil: At least you won't end up like those people lying dead in their apartments for a month before anyone starts missing them... :D

@Sisiutil: At least you won't end up like those people lying dead in their apartments for a month before anyone starts missing them... :D
I'd like to think my wife would eventually notice. "What the heck is the dog chewing on in there? OH MY GOD!!!" :lol:

Update tonight. I absolutely 100% guarantee. Really.

Top Bottom