Alerts link me to

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
Today I reported something that had also been reported by other people. So apparently the threads were merged and I get this link shining bright in my alerts feed:

Your thread Reported Content (X) was merged into Reported Content (X2)​

When I click it, I get:

CivFanatics Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.​

Is this a forum malfunction? I feel as if I shouldn't be getting the Alert at all.

Today I reported something that had also been reported by other people. So apparently the threads were merged and I get this link shining bright in my alerts feed:

Your thread Reported Content (X) was merged into Reported Content (X2)​

When I click it, I get:

CivFanatics Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.​

Is this a forum malfunction? I feel as if I shouldn't be getting the Alert at all.
You get the error message because the link goes to the staff forum. Since you don't have access there, it's an error (that is, the forum is not malfunctioning).

It's weird, but that's how XenForo does things. :dunno:

I was also notified in my Alerts, and this isn't the first time it's happened (I wonder if Takhisis and I reported the same post?).

I think it's more that the moderator didn't unclick the option to notify other people, as for some reason, the forum insisting on notifiying people unless told not to.

At any rate, it's just a momentary and mild annoyance and does have the benefit of confirming that the report didn't go ignored and that something will be done.

That something, of course, might well be nothing. But it was noticed.

When a post is reported, a thread is automatically made in a subforum of the staff forum for reported posts. Under vBulletin, it was done by a forum bot. Under Xenforo, the post appears as a post you made. When people report the same post, separate threads get created which are usually merged together to reduce clutter in the reported post forum. If a staff member forgets to uncheck the notification box, you get notified of that merge even though you can't see it.

Top Bottom