All Civs from 3.000BC (?)

Space_76

Chieftain
Hi fellow DoC players,

As the title says.
Is it possible to start all (mosts) civilizations from 3.000BC and play as full game?

I start a WBQuickSave game.
And there are numerous of playable civilizations.
I also change the const.py so I can start as Aztec 3.000BC as well (or another civ).

What is your experiences with starting from scratch?

I try this because I love the tech-tree and the various Unique units/buildings/powers

3000BC starts typically lack holy shrines and the important apostolic palace mechanics. This impacts the medieval Europeans, especially Spain, France, Germany, and Italy who typically vie for control of Rome and the catholic shrine, and the Arabs and Ottomans who fight over Jerusalem.

I have had successful England and Poland 3000BC starts.

I have not had success with 600AD start Prussia or USA because it was impossible to catch up to England in the tech race (without immediate invasion). I assume their 3000BC starts would prove the same.

I still hope later DoC versions will autobuild the holy shrines (or spawn free great prophets for the AI to build) at appropriate dates.

I have tried to remove all but basic techs and used the "Apply to all players" button.

But it is still hard to find the balance for all players - as Dannimal writes about.

Have someone made another mod or created as save game to start from with a better balance?

Attachments

• DoC tech to all.jpg
    DoC tech to all.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom