All Governors Please Repot: MSAV review

ali

Prince
To all Governors as Grand Admral in the MSAV my job is to supervise garrison forces I wish to make a review on the composition of future garisons in each city therefore I request that each governor provide the following information on each city in their province;

Province name:
Governor:
name of city:
no. of garison units/wat type:
name of city:
name of city:
name of city:
corruption in each:
recommandtions by Governor on how many units are needed in their province:
Feasibility of building city improvements to cut both corruption and unhappiness:

This review will aim at cutting down the garrison forces/police forces in areas that do not need it and provide it to provinces that do.

Thank you for your cooperation regards Grand Admiral Ali

The DEFENSE Department is getting a bit out of control when it comes to bureaucratic oversight.....

Wouldn't appraising the defense of each province be the job of the MSAV?

Governor Blackheart

You was the very person that asked for a command of the police forces in Zarnia. However, if you regret your cited statements, you are free to go, and you will be relieved ofyour duties. Remember next time when you ask for power, you need to work for it. This is mostly for measuring your security/happiness needs.

Honored Minister Provo,

I would like to request a special contigent of troops stationed in my offices as my personal bodyguard. And also, why does an admiral run the MP? Shouldn't it be a general?

Oh ok, in that case what's the oath I needa swear. But I don't want to command a large invasion army, just the forces that protect Zarnia.

Honored General Provo,

I agree to your plans for low end units as "police" but I want all of the security units to eventually be upgraded to their most advanced state.

Also, whatever units the MSAV needs to be built for the greater good of Japanatica, Zarnia is willing to listen and commence the training if it is possible at the mome
nt.

What was the point of that Provo?

As I stated in this thread, appraising the defensive readiness of each province is up to the MSAV. If Zarnia ever needed any more troops in a spot I would ask, and I had done so when I asked for the spearmen to be upgraded in Furuyama.

Really, does there need to be a commotion made out of this by me simply stating that this is the MSAV's job? If the MSAV wants to share full defensive unit placement powers with the governors, I would be happy to accept.

Governor Blackheart

In the spirit of cooperation, assess security needs in Zarnia, and notice the major Northern Command in Zojoji and individual Garrisons. If you are satisfied, we leave it there.

We have a minimum military now to save gold, so I will post a poll on whether or not people would like to double garrisons in Zarnia or other provinces. Or you can ask General Cyc to spread his Northern Command thin. Double Garrisons would cost us 40 Gold more per turn.

Is it me, or is the DEFENCE department currently spending most of its time playing make-believe and making it so other people can do it's job for it? You're getting governors run the garrisons. You have people below you doing work for you. You have the public approve every tiny detail of contingency plans.

What did we elect you do? Appoint generals?

Well Epimetheus, at least I am not smoking weed... I reformed our military in fixed formations, democratized warplanning, prepared expeditions for overseas colonies, found the most economic way to run our military and still be secure, I also developed procedures for upgrading and disbanding our obsolete forces, which has accelerated the production of the Forbidden Palace in Yatta, and the defensive area in the North :)
MSAV has made a military reform in order to involve more people, and that is what I was elected for. I notice I cannot please everyone, but sometimes you need to make decisions to make things progress. Getting demobilized spearmen and swordsmen in a timely fashion was also key here.

You will certainly see the public criticize me if I acted on my own, just see what happened to General Chieftess in the Iroq War. Now that I have polled every conceivable defense situation on our continent and developed a military structure and infrastructure to face that, I feel that I can concentrate on overseas exploration, the use of the Imperial Commando. Also notice that MSAV is a team, and that we communicate internally on how to do things. MSAV is MSAV, and not Cheech and Chong.

General Chieftess? :confused: :confused: :confused:

As I recall, Civanator was still MSAV minister at that time. You're on the edge of crossing into other people's domains Provo.

Epimethius is listening to Us and Them by Pink Floyd

Provolution said:
Well Epimetheus, at least I am not smoking weed...

That was a cheap shot, now, wasn't it? Besides, what wrong with it? It might loosen you up. Make you more creative. Make you funnier. Make you not do other people's work. All sorts of possibilities.

I reformed our military in fixed formations, democratized warplanning, prepared expeditions for overseas colonies, found the most economic way to run our military and still be secure, I also developed procedures for upgrading and disbanding our obsolete forces, which has accelerated the production of the Forbidden Palace in Yatta, and the defensive area in the North :)

So you did a lot of forum BS that didn't make any in game difference, appointed a bunch of assisstants, eliminated the need for your job entirely, and disbanded some things. And you fortified the north, which wasn't really in any danger, anyway.

Funny, as you're the head of the military I would've thought you mentioned that war we had at the start.

MSAV has made a military reform in order to involve more people, and that is what I was elected for. I notice I cannot please everyone, but sometimes you need to make decisions to make things progress. Getting demobilized spearmen and swordsmen in a timely fashion was also key here.

You were elected to do your job. You were elected to draw up battle plans when necessary. You were not elected to reorganize your job and give people ten captain's hats and a couple of ships. You were not elected to ask us where every f-ing unit should go, you were elected to decide for us. If we wanted to decide where every unit went, we would, and we wouldn't have you at all.

You will certainly see the public criticize me if I acted on my own, just see what happened to General Chieftess in the Iroq War. Now that I have polled every conceivable defense situation on our continent and developed a military structure and infrastructure to face that, I feel that I can concentrate on overseas exploration, the use of the Imperial Commando.

But you don't need to do that. The People are supposed to tell you what to do if its important, and I feel very strongly that way. But you're overdoing it by doing all this. If this were a direct democracy we would do just that, and we wouldn't have any ministers. But the whole point of ministers is that they do all the paperwork and execution, while we make the big decisions. What you're asking us to do is essentially execution, because those decisions don't mean anything. Polling important things is good. But that's not what you're doing. What you're doing isn't your job, its bureaucratic spam. It's tiring out the People.

I'd also like to point out that these "doctrines" aren't doctrines at all, they're very minor plans. A doctrine is something that effects all departments and lasts a nice, long time. Not where spearmen in some far off desert should go for the next three turns.

As for the Imperial Commando (wtf?), there's a difference between using him for reasonable things and using him to attack the defile the Aztec capital.

Also notice that MSAV is a team, and that we communicate internally on how to do things. MSAV is MSAV, and not Cheech and Chong.

Cheech and Chong are a team!

And its the Ministry of DEFENSE. That joke was old the second time I saw it.

And yes, it is pretty big decisions to decide on which cities to conquer. The extent of conquest is indeed divisive as seen in the Iroq War I inherited. People was split in the middle on whether they wanted Salamanca or not. This is a problem that will repeat itself. Now it is a broad consensus that Iroq, Babel, Zulu and France will receive 4 unique treatment types based on peoples bias if they attack us first. I know I will get flak then, but now I get flak for preempting that flak from you, and mostly you alone.
You and I have different notions of fun, that is fair enough, but these reforms has some support, as we can have regional cooperation across militar districts-governor.
Why do I have relatively harmonious relations with Timbentley, Ginger Ale, Snipelfritz and Chieftess, where I seem to run into you and Blackheart at every corner.
And why is there not any troubles in cooperating between ministers?
where are you in the equation Epimethius?

General Chieftess?

As I recall, Civanator was still MSAV minister at that time. You're on the edge of crossing into other people's domains Provo.

You know exactly what I mean, I and Civanator developed our strategies together, and we planned on stopping BEFORE Salamanca, so we could further conquest.
The Odawara people wanted the conqest to stop as soon as possible in order to keep Odawara as relatively centre as possible. The designated player decided to go on, hence, the reference General. Due to the causes of that day, that was the end verdict. So Blackheart, why are you pursuing my role in this, for fun ?

*cough* sorry to interrupt but this thread was to gain information of the above mentioned info in which to allow me to present to General Provolution a revised plan of garrision forces so we may ease the pressure of military spending on the economy or use units better else where please do not argue points if you must try to score points against one another do it elsewhere....im stil awaiting on the other governors..thank you for your cooperation

Provolution said:
Why do I have relatively harmonious relations with Timbentley, Ginger Ale, Snipelfritz and Chieftess, where I seem to run into you and Blackheart at every corner.
And why is there not any troubles in cooperating between ministers?
where are you in the equation Epimethius?

Because I don't agree with your views on certain things. Epi has every right to voice his opinion, he is a citizen.

Provolution said:
The extent of conquest is indeed divisive as seen in the Iroq War I inherited.

What, you didn't want war?! :confused:

Provolution said:
So Blackheart, why are you pursuing my role in this, for fun ?

I get a ton of funny from pursuing your role in this. No, you said it like it was all CT's fault for following the WOTP?

Because I don't agree with your views on certain things. Epi has every right to voice his opinion, he is a citizen.

Well, he resigned as Governor, and now he wants to make the afterlife a bit more tricky for those that did not resign with him, a classical anarco-syndicalist reaction. Amd as a citizen, he is of course allowed to voice his isolated opinion and I am of course allowed to consider the input as a singular statement to be noted, but not responded on. About you, we simply disagree on the majority of things this term, you even want to double our garrisons when we can deploy two major army groups and the Imperial commando by rail to any city anytime in a second. Your double garrison proposal will cost us 40 gold per turn, and that is before we sacrifice our operational reaction. And if our President has to use our military in a TC, he can go to the same cities and get them, not clicking open each damn city to build a force, that was part of the reason for the military reform. I also see you are a lone bird singing for this double garrison blackheart.

What, you didn't want war?!

Well, Iroq gave us a war, and I wanted to democratize the war outcomes, your Maung Chunk advance would have netted us nothing when Donovan Zois vote would certainly bring us farther South with the Yatta vote. Everything in that war revolved around the
Forbidden Palace. But these doctrines had nothing to do in the war before we polled to
continue or withdraw. Salamanca could not be the endpost due t the flip risk Governor Tim Bentley presented.

I get a ton of funny from pursuing your role in this. No, you said it like it was all CT's fault for following the WOTP?

Please define WOTP (even more abused than the doctrine term), where it stemmed from and so on. No WOTP on war objectives was in place before Term IV. Epimethius do not want these polled, but very many do. Yes, I wanted a war, but I wanted to stop sooner if I called the shots.

Provolution said:
Please define WOTP (even more abused than the doctrine term), where it stemmed from and so on. No WOTP on war objectives was in place before Term IV. Epimethius do not want these polled, but very many do. Yes, I wanted a war, but I wanted to stop sooner if I called the shots.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=103600
FA ministry polled on what to do with the Iroquois, and there was overwhelming support to ask them to leave/ declare war. Term 3 MSAV did not poll any plans of attack, so it was up to CT to follow the WOTP to fight, but with no battle plans.

Provolution said:
I also see you are a lone bird singing for this double garrison blackheart.

I'm a lone bird for many things. I will stand alone if I have to. I want double garrisons so we don't have to draft conscripts. I want double garrisons so we can reinforce frontlines without leaving core cities defenseless. Having instant reinforcement capability isn't enough, we have to have the troops to reinforce with.

Top Bottom