1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Quiet on the Civ Front

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duuk, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well I went to work and came back to find this thread popping.
    I for one am glad we might get someone from Polynesia. I like Samoa but any representation will be fine.
    As for Eleanor of Aquitaine, I'm not so sure how I feel about her. There are plenty of other choices that would be better for either England or France.
    Also it seems like we are getting a late game campus like district on the water, probably a marine research institute. I wonder if those wind turbines will be able to be built on land as well?

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  2. darkace77450

darkace77450 King

I am too, but I'm wondering how they're going to play without stealing too much thunder form Norway, Indonesia, and the Mapuche.

nzcamel likes this.
  3. Alexander's Hetaroi

If it's the Maori, which I think it is, they might not be as Naval based as Indonesia and Norway, unlike the other Polynesian cultures.

Here is a picture of Honga Hika. It looks similar as in both pictures have a necklace and robe.

4. Haig

Haig Deity

TahamiTsunami, Siptah and WillowBrook like this.
  5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

The updates over the last month or so would be consistent with a patch sometime soon, but could just be testing of the expansion.

RohirrimElf and c4c6 like this.
  6. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I saw a comparison between waifu.png/Queen Doe/Long Blonde/ect and the Alison Weir cover of Eleanor of Aquitaine and saw a clear resemblance making me think it must be her. So I did some research on her to just see what she did and I'm very very surprised; she was the mother of Richard the Lionheart and Prince John... supporting Richard's revolt to other thrown her husband's rule after being married to the son of her guardian...

Although I would prefer Elizabeth and/or Napoleon to be alternative leaders for England/France it would be very interesting to see who she gets assigned to... That... or she leads Normandy? Also what would her leader ability be? She gets bonuses to declarations or Friendships but also bonuses when she is declared a War of Retribution on?

TahamiTsunami and Haig like this.
  7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Valentine's Day seems a strange release date. Wouldn't surprise me if that gets pushed back. Do they really think our love lives are that bad? Don't answer LOL. I don't expect to be doing anything, I'm not actively looking. I'm guessing that date is tentative.

If Vesuvius actually turned out to be the name, I would be okay with that. Perhaps they were getting tired of having 2 words separated by the word AND. :) Although I suppose Brave new World didn't have and in it, but it was a 3 word title. That's 3 3 word expansions in a row, actually 4 when you go back to Beyond the Sword.

As for upcoming activity, I still expect a patch to drop before Thanksgiving and the holiday season starts. Still would be nice to have a map script along with that patch, we'll see.

So can we stop calling this game Abandonware now? :p

nzcamel, Leathaface and Haig like this.
  8. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Don't name him Arthur. Or at least make sure Morgane doesn't name her son Mordred. :p

TahamiTsunami, Guandao and WorldWarIV like this.
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

I vote for the name Freeman. :mischief:

10. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Feb 14, 2019, due to a calendar quirk, is the 2nd Tuesday Thursday of February. As was the R&F release date of Feb 8, 2018.

Because of this, I think that release date is very plausible. In addition, I think they will make the Expansion announcement on November 27th, the Tuesday following US Thanksgiving. Which is the same day of the year that they made the R&F announcement. This would be one week earlier than some other projections. But either way, I think we will be hearing something official in roughly 1 month.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    679x, Zaarin, Guandao and 12 others like this.
  11. Haig

Haig Deity

Sounds good!

A month and I'll be opening civfanatics with a coffee cup in hand, seeing a new thread "2nd expansion announced!" and the fun starts!

I love the weeks before expansion is released, the theorycrafting, firstlooks, (leaks!), Firaxis streams...

TahamiTsunami, 679x, Zaarin and 4 others like this.
  12. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I'll be looking forward to that. The first looks are awesome too, waiting each week for a look at each new Civ, seeing which unique abilities, buildings or even unique districts which they'll have.

TahamiTsunami, 679x, Haig and 2 others like this.
  13. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Yeah, that’s going to be a Long wait.

Hmm. EUIV on special at Steam...

14. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

A question to those who are experienced at EU4: is it OK to buy the base game for 10 EUR or expansion are "needed" for the better...? if yes, what? I am new to EU...

15. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Art of War, Rights of Man and Common Sense I would call essential since they changed a lot of the base mechanics and without them, the game is much worse. The others are not necessary in my opinion, but they all offer something good. I wouldn't buy more than the three mentioned if you are not sure you really like the game though, since it gets expensive fast. Some expansions really enhance the experience of some regions/nations, but I wouldn't recommend starting outside Europe/Ottomans anyway. In case you do want to throw money at Paradox, Wealth of Nations is also a nice one for every game.

I actually prefer leaked screenshots and the such to first looks. Before release, it was really fun to figure things out based on the few screenshots we knew and watching the fist few first look videos to figure out all buildings and units and the such. I do hope that figuring out wonders will once again work like this (it did in R&F) and we'll know all of them after two or three videos.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    TahamiTsunami and Duuk like this.
  16. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

What is this "calendar quirk" you speak of, because my calendar says February 14, 2019 is the second THURSDAY.

Siptah likes this.
  17. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Why would Polynesia/Maori steal thunder from the Mapuche? :confused: The Mapuche aren't a naval based Civ.

I think Norway shouldn't have gotten the early sailing into deep ocean ability. They were always sailing relatively close to the coast (Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland), not crossing over the Atlantic Ocean without making landfall.

18. Xur

Xur Prince

I'd suggest that you try the game without DLC and then buy DLC if you understand/enjoy the game. My experience with paradox games, is that they are actually very simple once you understand them, but the learning curve is like a brick wall in many of them. Civ games ramp up slowly about what you can/should do - paradox just goes 100% from 1st second... so what may seem complex is fairly simple. It's like jumping into a civ6 in modern times that someone else played for 50 hours before you begin. I like CK2 and Hoi4... not a fan of stellaris and eu4, so maybe not the best to answer this :) But, I'd definitely wait with the DLC.

19. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Early last evening Firaxis time, 2kqa_d was updated for the first time since April. The mystery depot was not added. Then 2kqa_c was updated for the second time this week, and some of the Mac depots were added to the branch.

20. Ma2ge

Ma2ge Chieftain

Sidenote: 2kqa_a updated a few minutes ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.