1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Quiet on the Civ Front

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duuk, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

A while ago there was a couple of articals of a man claiming to be from the future with a video if Las Vegas in the future. (Never read the artical myself, only the headlines,)

I wonder if he knows when the next DLC or expansion is out and what they may bring?

conorbebe likes this.
  2. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

I leave on vacation this coming Saturday. I'm hoping for some news before I leave. Going to be off the internet for 10 whole days. No CiVI either. o the horror. Driving 3200km round trip to my Mother-in-laws in Winnipeg. Please some news this week.

3. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

Almost like me! Although this Friday I'm going to Singapore for 10 days or so; knowing my luck the announcement will happen when I'm out there, so I hope it is a good sign that it will happen then!

EDIT: what would be pretty cool is if they finally announce [green] Maritime City states to power to assist with harbours!

They can have Singapore (+5% gold in each city for each active alliance you have), Venice (+1 influence per turn for each trade route), Honolulu (+1 vision and movement to naval and embarked units), Vancouver (Can build Inuksuk tile improvements) and Havana (Your naval units have a chance to capture defending naval units). (Provided none of those become Civs)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    conorbebe and WillowBrook like this.
  4. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

I’ve always been against Maritime City States, because one of the unique things about Harbours is that they don’t have a corresponding City State yield. It’s nice having differences.

But it might be cool to have Maritime City States that don’t provide bonuses to Harbours at all. Instead, maybe the 1:3:6 envoy levels could give some other cool bonus - extra trade routes, faster navy, cheaper navy etc.. That would be kinda different and awesome.

5. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

It's been weeks since we've heard anything from Firaxis. I'm afraid they are going to abandon Civ 6.

Please, prove me wrong.

Duuk and WorldWarIV like this.
  6. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

After the (much deserved) bruising Firaxis's reputation has taken over the Red Shell debacle, I don't blame them for keeping their head down.

7. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

What happened?

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Duuk likes this.
  9. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Come on. This has come up like 10 times in this thread already and in each of those times (just pick one at random and read through it) it's been very well explained that there is absolutely no reason to assume this.

I'm getting very tired of having to repeat it time and time again.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  10. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Sorry, I had to.

11. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Calm down. Even game developers take a few weeks off with this kind of weather. Its been a stable 30 degrees for 6 weeks in the Netherlands. Its time to relax. Not spend time behind your computer and melt.

12. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I do miss all the speculation and anticipation that comes with anticipated new content, even if it is just reports on Steam db updates.

But I still have plenty of civ playing to do to get all the achievements - about 9 regular games and a large handful of scenario play-throughs. I expect it will take at least six months. And then there's so much great fan-created content.

But I sure hope we see signs of new official content soon.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

A lot of companies do that after releases it seems, they stay quiet. I think they want to try to drive up demand? Or speculation. I think they also did this with Xcom 2 as well. Other companies like Obsidian you kind of know future DLC is coming, because you can buy it right off the bat (and I already did buy Pillars of Eternity 2 dlc), but their future content is in the dark as well, especially if they can't turn a profit on this game.

It's hard in our instant gratification society to go months and months without hearing anything. Just one little hint would be nice.

14. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

I know what you mean.. I wish they would give us something! Come on Firaxis, just one little hint!

RohirrimElf and AvianBritish like this.
  15. Haig

Haig Warlord

One of these days the Steam database will start to get activity and mysterious placeholders appear there..
    First I really need a Summer Patch and after that I'm looking forward to 2nd expansion announcement!

16. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

(Still keeping an eye on this tread once every few days to see if eagle pursuit shows up. And talks about more active steam database update activities. Somhow i’m a bit dissapointed in firaxis in the last 2-3 of silent treatment. But it was to be expected so close after E3 and brutal hot summer)

conorbebe and GandhisRevenge like this.
  17. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

Firaxis may not have something to announce right now, but i'm sure they are at work on Summer patch. Also I doubt we will get new Civs before the 2nd expansion, I expect map packs at most. (which would be nice)

18. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

I HOPE they are working on a summer patch even if it's a small one. Personally, I would rather have map or wonder packs than new civ packs!

19. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

If there was going to be a summer patch, there would be a visible set of depots by now. There MAY be a fall patch being worked on internally, but I guarantee there is no patch that will be released before November.

20. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Here you go, mate:
    Spoiler :

Pretty irrefutable, isn't it? ;)

I'd like to think that they're gathering/brainstorming/outlining/checking ideas for the next expansion and had not reached the testing phase yet. Or they're just lying down on some beach and letting those ideas mature somewhere in their subconsciousness.

Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and Kimiimaro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.