1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Quiet on the Civ Front

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duuk, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stomper66

Stomper66 Chieftain

I would love for a 2 Civ, 1 scenario and 1 wonder DLC pack to come out in the next few months. They did this with Persia/ Macedon and Khmer/ Indonesia. Byzantine/ Ottomans would be an obvious one. I'd probably prefer to see a north west Africa DLC bundle though because this part of the work is not represented yet. Something like Songhai/ Berbers with the Great Mosque Djenne wonder would be ideal. Would also be awesome to have Carthage with a Punic Wars scenario pack.

Hawke9, conorbebe and Weraptor like this.
  2. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Morocco with Ahmad al-Mansur + Songhai could work. Ahmad al-Mansur was known for his conquest of the Songhai Empire with a relatively small army which used European gunpowder weapons. It could work as a scenario where Morocco gains smaller amount of advanced units and Songhai big army with cities, but they wouldn't be as developed as Moroccans.

Hawke9 and Stomper66 like this.
  3. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

Perhaps a West African 3 Civ expansion? Morocco, Songhai and Mali, who all conquered each other? Include the Sankore Madrasah, Great Mosque of Djenne and Rock of Gibraltar (it's close enough to Morocco I think; and I miss it from Civ5)

Hawke9 and Stomper66 like this.
  4. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

El Badi Palace could work very well as a Moroccan wonder for Ahmad al-Mansur.

AvianBritish likes this.
  5. Stomper66

Stomper66 Chieftain

Yes Songhai or Mali I think but maybe not both as it looks like they were based in the same territory in that region Africa and I am never a fan of 2 civs representing one piece of territory in any part of the world (Like Normans and English or Franks and French). Or how would you differentiate Songhai from Mali? I'm just asking because I don't know enough about these two civs but would like to know more.

I would like to see the return of Askia Muhammad for Songhai but I would also like to see Mansa Musa for Mali. I used to love playing as Songhai and Morocco on Civ5 I just like the desert based civs. The berber cavalry and kasbah were one of my favourite UU and UIs in the game. Civitas have a great mod for Songhai and its nice to play that part of the world on a real world map but you know its always better to have the real thing.

6. Bechhold

Bechhold Chieftain

Last night Firaxis updated their cover photo...?

Sequel to XCOM or something I don't know but why include Civ in the same pic? Or something worse a Beyond Earth 2.0 DLC...

7. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

It could also an expansion for civ 6, which includes a scenario/game mode of alien invasion of earth with elements from xcom.

8. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

Cross over!

...Much rests upon your shoulders, King Gilgamesh. Your own people, and many people of the world, look to you as leader. But you are more than a mere man, and the weight of the world will never cause you to waver. Encourage the people of Sumer to settle the fertile lands along rivers, and be sure to choose your allies carefully - for there will be many vying for a piece of your strength. Venture forth, for it is time to begin your epic tale.

Also, aliens trying to take over the world. Kill them with donkey wagons and fire.

... in other news, Harold doesn’t like the aliens because they haven’t built a Galley, Vicky doesn’t like them because they’re on another continent, and Uncle Teddy says bully for you keeping the peace.

...Frederick also says “I don’t care if you have laser. Keep off the ruddy city states bud or I’m going knight rush you back to the stone age!”

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  9. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

It's simply that they are working on (and will soon announce) expansions for both games.

Stilgar08, CPWimmer and RohirrimElf like this.
  10. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

You know, reading that back, how is “Gilgamesh v Aliens” not already a dlc?

Trav'ling Canuck and Kimiimaro like this.
  11. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Or it could simply be that those are their two flagship products. Don't overthink.

12. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Admittedly, I'm just curious enough to pay to watch Lou Gilgaferrignomesh beat up some aliens with donkey carts.

13. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

14. klail

klail Chieftain

I would LOVE that. Would really bring some excitement to the late game (assuming invasion came in the later game).

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Overthinking is kind of our thing though...

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

What do you mean?

Hawke9, tedhebert, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Where did you find that picture of me!?

18. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

It's not really overthinking. We know they are working on another expansion for Xcom2 (or at least that was the leaked rumour, correct?) and it stands to reason Civ6 gets another as well. It's a pretty easy assumption.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  19. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Just like we all assumed they would definitely, almost certainly, do DLC in between expansions this time. I mean, it made sense. Pretty easy assumption based on how many Civs and how long of a support cycle they announced, right?

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  20. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

For fighting alien's I prefer Xenonauts. Xenonauts 2 hit kickstarter this week and blew past their goal in eight hours. The first game was great and the new one looks even better.

RohirrimElf and legalizefreedom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.