• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
I wish! Looks like a miniature one of these to me:

Could be worse. You can do a lot of damage with a pole saw, miniature or not. Besides, in the Golden Age of FPS games availability of a chain saw was pretty much a requirement.

still not following the thread on spoiler avoidance issues but it might be like background material is now getting into print .

ı know what happened to Snoke's head . Don't get yourselves decanonized .

I thought of a fun Star Wars question I'd like to discuss here.

Near the end of A New Hope, when Han Solo shoots the wingman ship of Vader to knock them out of range to allow Luke to shoot the Death Star:

What if Han Solo/Millenium Falcon actually shot Vader's ship, destroying and thus killing Vader?

How much do you think this would have changed things?

In order of most likely to least likely:

- Vader senses the lazer blast and evades. Story continues on unchanged.
- Vader force deflects the blast into the neighboring Tie Fighter. Story continues on unchanged.
- Vader gets hit. His ship explodes. Vader preserves himself using force powers, à la Leia in TLJ. Vader gets rescued and takes a few weeks to recover. Story continues on largely unchanged.
- Vader gets hit. His ship explodes and Vader dies. The Emperor now without an apprentice seeks out a new one, probably looking to Luke and/or Leia as the replacement. Assuming it's Luke because he was the one who was getting training in the force, the Emperor would have sensed him sooner or later and a confrontation would have transpired. As in V and VI, Luke refuses to give into the dark side but being the weaker/less experienced of the two, and without Vader there taking it easy on him, the Emperor ruthlessly executes him. If Luke knew about Leia at their confrontation, the Emperor would have probed his feelings much like Vader did in RotJ and discovered Leia. The Emperor would then seek her out, but much like Luke, she was an entirely good character. In her only face-to-face with Vader she didn't give up the location of the rebel base under threat of death and the destruction of her home world. It seems unlikely the Emperor would have been able to turn her and she meets a similar fate. Without both Luke and Leia the rebellion surely would have failed. Darkness reigns supreme. However, the Emperor was quite old by then and assuming he didn't discover immortality or was taught it by Darth Plagueis he likely would have died in a couple years after RotJ from natural causes. Without a suitable heir, a power vacuum forms. Several ambitious but ruthless, non-force users who are higher-ups in the empire try to take control but factions form, civil wars ensue. Eventually the empire disintegrates itself leaving smaller, less powerful groups taking control around the galaxy. 30ish years later Snoke arrives on the scene and manages to form the First Order. With Leia dead, Ben Solo never is born and can't turn into Kylo Ren so Snoke finds another force sensitive person and trains them in the dark side. Assuming Han dies or goes into hiding, the Millennium Falcon never makes it to Jaku for Rey to find it. Rey never gets discovered and Luke isn't there to teach her anyway, so she remains on Jaku waiting for her family. Snoke remains unchallenged and the dark side reigns supreme. The End.

It's Jakku, with a double K, you user of the z-word.

I think the much more compelling option is that Luke would be broken and recruited by the Emperor and subsequently join force-trained Leia when she came to confront the Emperor much like Vader in the first movie, except they both survive. Story does not necessarily change thereafter.

If I had to guess, however, Ben would have trained with his mother before going to Luke, and would probably go back to her before seeking Snoke. Luke would try and reconcile with Ben, who nevertheless mistrusts him and ends up flipping. In Luke's absence, he Snoke also seduces some of the other students, but some of the other students survive their revolt, as does the temple.

Luke is distraught and leaves to Skellig Michael, leaving the temple to Leia, who then cannot lead the rapidly coalescing Resistance against the incipient First Order. She calls on Han, instead of fleeing to his old wheeling and dealing and smuggling over the loss of his son, he pours himself onto his new role. The Falcon is lost on a mission and ends up in Jakku.

As time passes, the New Jedi Order face off with the Knights of Ren in repeated inconclusive clashes as the Resistance proves incapable to deal a decisive blow on an ever-stronger First Order. Leia sends for Luke as Han keeps looking out for the Falcon. TFA starts as it did, until Han captures the Falcon.

The First Order is also tracking it, and as soon as Finn and Rey are captured they arrive. A skirmish ensues where the Resistance manages to repeal the attackers, but they have to stop at Maz Kanata's for resupply and repairs as they wait for reinforcements. Rey's force-affinity is revealed, and it is determined that she must join Leia's temple.

Desperate to stop them, the First Order renews their attack, but are forced to flee when the Resistance reinforcements arrive alongside Leia's Jedis. The presence of Jedis in Han's original contingent helps prevent Kylo from taking Ren, but BB-8 is damaged and the map data lost because plot reasons.

The First Order is momentarily happy that they have prevented the Resistance from gaining the upper hand as they are frustrated that they cannot destroy Luke. Early training of Rey with Leia reveals that she saw the plans and they are imprinted on her memory. The Resistance starts en force starts the journey to Skellig Michael, but the First Order intercepts them. A deadly battle ensues where the Resistance is outmatched by the heavy firepower of the Order's new secret weapon: the Dreadnought. If you feel a lightsaber duel is necessary, Kylo boards the Resistance flagship with a cherry-picked team and engages Finn and Rey, who take turns with the lightsaber but are clearly being overpowered before Leia or Han or both arrive with reinforcents, prompting Kylo to flee. Leia decides the best chance they have is to send Rey alone in an inconspicuous smaller vessel, and Han sacrifices his ship and himself to allow Rey to leave undetected as the rest of the Resistance fleet retreats.

End ep VII, pretty much as it actually went except there are Jedis, there is no Death Star III, and the opening of VIII is pretty much the logical cobclusion of where we left off.

Last edited:
Significant changes to the timeline are to be expected. Petty spelling changes in planet names is part of that.
Oh, yes, but remember the special rules from the Old!Extended Universe about names with one more/fewer consonant. ;)

It should be better, at least, than having an Alec Guinness lookalike on stage with a fake voice and daubing some CGI on him in post-production.

But this is more of the Disney+ crap. I'm getting tired of the media arms race.

Ewan is the Ian McDiarmid of the Light Side.

That said, I can only imagine Denis Lawson right now...

Spoiler :
Nephew...

I AM DISAPPOINT
:mischief:

I would prefer a standalone film, at least as a tie-in to a show, rather than just the show. I honestly lost all hope on IX when they announced JJ would do it. I mean I would take him over Colin Trevorrow any day, hell I'd take Tommy Wiseau over Colin Trevorrow any day, but JJ has never done an ending. It's probably going to suck.

I'm as bitter and disillusioned as they come with regards to the Disney-era of SW, but I don't understand this reaction to the Disney+ shows at all. Other than a few tidbits here and there, it's hard to make a judgement call on how good or bad these shows (including all the Marvel stuff) will ultimately be.

I mean I'm way more excited about the prospects for the four new and returning Star Wars (TCW, The Mandalorian, and the untitled Cassian Andor & Obi-Wan) series than I am about the final Saga movie. The leaked trailer & footage for The Mandalorian, which is the only one we've actually been able to see the finished product, I thought was simply stunning.
I agree. What little I've seen looks promising. I probably won't be jumping on Disney+ at launch, but not out of disinterest.

I'm as bitter and disillusioned as they come with regards to the Disney-era of SW, but I don't understand this reaction to the Disney+ shows at all. Other than a few tidbits here and there, it's hard to make a judgement call on how good or bad these shows (including all the Marvel stuff) will ultimately be.

I mean I'm way more excited about the prospects for the four new and returning Star Wars (TCW, The Mandalorian, and the untitled Cassian Andor & Obi-Wan) series than I am about the final Saga movie. The leaked trailer & footage for The Mandalorian, which is the only one we've actually been able to see the finished product, I thought was simply stunning.
Um, no, I was speaking about another thing, namely all these proprietary services (Netflix, Amazon, Disney, etc.) setting up their own closed-circuit systems. I'm not going to watch any of them; it's bad enough to see Disney and the like buy the distribution rights to series made by either studios (the latest and most notorious example I've experienced being Ladybug) and then simply cutting them up and releasing them in the wrong order, only partially or not at all, well, I might watch it on YouTube or a similar platform, but I'm not forking out a single extra cent for their ‘services’.
Especially after StarWars: Resistance. :ack:

You can subscribe to several different streaming services and still spend less than you would once have spent on a satellite TV subscription, and for a substantially more worthwhile produce. Disney's attempt to reinvent Old Hollywood style vertical integration is a bit worrying, but even that's mostly because Disney owns a uniquely large slice of modern popular culture; nobody cares that, for example, WWE have a vertically-integrated streaming service, because it's a niche product.

The cylons are back!

It's not a very inspired design.

I've always liked the darker Star Wars stuff - The Empire Strikes Back; Rogue One; The Last Jedi - and The Mandalorian looks to be following in those footsteps.

D23 clip info:

Spoiler ROTS :
''A clip of Rise of the Skywalker was shown and Rey was wearing a black cloak wielding a double bladed red lightsaber?!!!!''

Spoiler :
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Dark Side Rey Explained
Rey will wield a double-bladed lightsaber in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that teases a potential turn to the dark side.

Rise of Skywalker brings with it so many mysteries that it's hard to believe that this conclusion to the entire nine-episode film saga will be able to answer all of our questions. And now, the sizzle reel shown at D23 2019 has added yet another big question: might Rey turn to the dark side in the movie? The short answer is "LOL no," but let me explain.

The short, 1-minute sizzle reel, which has not yet been released online, reveals that Rey will wield a double-bladed RED lightsaber at some point in the movie, a weapon most commonly used by followers of the dark side and the Sith. She's also wearing a hood and "looking all creepy and dark side," . And there's a voiceover from the Emperor as Darth Vader can be heard breathing in the background: "Now your journey nears its end."

While this footage is sure to get the blood pumping when it hits the internet on Monday, Rey's dark side turn certainly sounds like the same trick George Lucas pulled back in ROTJ three decades ago. Luke wore black, he chopped off his father's hand with all of his hatred, and then...became a champion of the light, anyway. Needless to say, there's a 0.000001 percent chance the final chapter of the Skywalker saga doesn't end with a happy ending that sees Rey rising above Kylo Ren, the First Order, and the Emperor. At the end of the day, Star Wars in its purest form is a space fantasy about hope and overcoming evil. A villain turn for Rey just isn't going to happen.

So what are we actually seeing in that sizzle reel? Likely a vision that warns Rey who she could become if she doesn't continue to follow the light or goes too far in her quest to defeat Kylo.

Throughout the Sequel Trilogy, Rey has had to face many of the same challenges Luke and Anakin once did in their own journeys, from losing a parental figure, to suffering defeats, to carrying the impossible weight of a galaxy's fate on their shoulders (the idea that Rey has to take on the entire First Order herself with her "laser sword"), to being tempted by the dark side. Anakin was unable to resist the pull of the dark side and Luke came very close to following in his father's footsteps. Rey will be tempted too, but if there's one message of hope that The Rise of Skywalker should strive for -- and the idea that "Skywalker" should represent in the movie -- is that the next generation of heroes can be better than the last, a theme The Last Jedi teased in its final scene on Canto Bight. Luke was better in the end than Anakin, and Rey, through what she's learned from the long history of the Jedi, can be better than them all.

To me, the Sequel Trilogy is about the lessons that are passed down from generation to generation -- like these very Star Wars stories we've enjoyed for the last 40 years -- and how they can make us better. Rey falling to the dark side would be a betrayal of that idea.

Yes, Rey wielding a double-bladed lightsaber is badass and something many fans have been asking for for a while, but just don't expect the weapon to stick around for very long, at least not in its dark side form (aka Force vision). Were it to be Rey's weapon once she's become a full Jedi Knight before her final confrontation with Kylo Ren and the Emperor...well, that would be awesome! (And yeah, the Jedi have also used double-bladed lightsabers throughout history and millennia before Darth Maul made it fashion.)

All of the footage and pictures we've seen of Rey and Kylo's final duel so far feature the young Jedi in her white garb from the teaser trailer and wielding the blue Skywalker lightsaber, which means that when Rey does confront the First Order's Supreme Leader, she'll do it as a force for the light side. Unless this is the most convoluted secret in Star Wars history, the final battle will play out accordingly and not with a Dark Side Rey third act twist.

Either way, we'll find out for sure where Rey's journey ends when Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters on Dec. 20.

Last edited:
Top Bottom