Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Eps. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 available on one TV channel, Rogue One and Ep. 7 on another… why is Ep. 4 not available on this cable TV thing?

Eps. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 available on one TV channel, Rogue One and Ep. 7 on another… why is Ep. 4 not available on this cable TV thing?

Because it's the only one that people might pay to see?

Oh no, I am your fath quite happy with getting Eps. 5 and 6 too. I do find it baffling that they leave out A New Hope. :dunno:

why , it will be removed totally cause Abrams told it 10 times better in VII . You know with shiny white parts on TIEs on guns . And one non-Force X-Wing pilot achieving 9 hits on various targets in one single turn . Including one single bolt on the chest on some hapless New Stormtrooper that should have killed him and fireballed everything around in dozens of meters or kilometers when a bolt is supposed to be kilotons worth of energy or something . New is the enemy of Old everywhere it seems .

Don't talk about it, be about it.
Well, I've said that Ben will have to kill himself to take out (fully and finally take out) the resurrected Snope/Plageius (at the level of story-line; and to atone for having killed Han, at the level of character). The poster now shows that he will do so by plunging his own light saber into himself, in a scene that will be directly reminiscent of his killing of Han.

Cooking up a new theory about that killing, now, too.

I don't know what that means. Is that a Harry Potter reference?

I'll share my thinking at a preliminary stage. Kylo has figured out that the whole Skywalker bloodline was generated by Plagueis' tampering with life and death, and that the only way to rebalance the force is to take Plagueis and a Skywalker out at the same time. Somehow killing Han is a necessary precondition for this. So the "I know what I need to do" wasn't just B.S. Kylo "needed" to kill Han and did so with great regret.

Haven't got it all worked out yet, but I'll get there.

By the way, right before his suicide, Ben will turn off the hilt portion of his lazer sword, so that the can turn it around and plunge it into himself. It will be a film moment, like "why is he doing that? Oh, that's why he's doing that?"

Last edited:
Haven't got it all worked out yet, but I'll get there.

By the way, right before his suicide, Ben will turn off the hilt portion of his lazer sword, so that the can turn it around and plunge it into himself. It will be a film moment, like "why is he doing that? Oh, that's why he's doing that?"
I'm just glad to see the word lazer being spelled properly :p

*casts Expelliarmus on Synsensa and pimp-slaps him*

I… would. Because I know you're not happy to see me.

I'm reading on Españo-Castilian-language media that they will stop making numbered Star Wars films for a while after Ep. IX

In my humble opinion it's because they are going to wait a bit until they've offloaded all their merch onto unsuspecting marks and wait a bit to relieve market fatigue before plunging on with an X-XI-XII trilogy, but that's just cynical 100% always right me.

Is it just the fact that I am overdue lunch today, or are they going for the ‘real is brown’ colourscape that ruined so many videogames in the mid 2000s?

Edit: for post #2618
Totally yes but no.

It's an improvement over Zack "Grit Is Gray" Snyder.

What Disney did with Star Wars is so confusing to me.

TFA wasn't fantastic, but it set a decent enough stage for the future. The early books were great. Rebels was amazing. Rogue One is possibly the best Star Wars film to have been made.

And then it just switched, on every front. The movie quality plummeted, the book quality plummeted, and the show quality plummeted. They collectively started to fail, and fail in a way that quelled interest. The games... that's effectively a deadzone right now. There's a new single player game coming out later this year, apparently. Maybe that'll be something? But it's still EA, and they've already demonstrated what they can do with the Star Wars IP—absolutely nothing.

I just don't get it. If it was different tastes, then, I don't know, fine? That is what it is, but to do a complete 180 on every front seems suspect. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, because the overwhelming sentiment in the reddit thread about this "break" seems to match with mine. But that's potentially a sign that I'm just falling victim to anti-new-things behaviour.

Solo was an alright movie. I didn't watch it until it came out on Netflix because of TLJ, and I was pleasantly surprised. But even with it being a decent watch, I'm not sure that it was really worth it. If Disney can churn out one movie a year, then I want the major things to be successful more than I want the minor ideas to. I'd rather have a great trilogy than an alright stand-alone. What sucks is that they quit the stand-alones because of Solo's middling results, which is the opposite decision they should have made. An Obi-Wan film is as close to an automatic win as you can get, and the window for that is closing soon.

I don't like that I went from being extremely interested in the universe to just... not. The Clone Wars continuation is probably going to be good, but I can't say I'm especially excited. I haven't sought out extra info since its trailer dropped. I'll probably get Disney+ when it launches in Canada for The Mandalorian, but I'm not sure that I feel particularly interested in it. Episode 9... well... I'll see it because of sunk cost, but everything I've seen about its development thus far doesn't fill me with confidence.

I feel like a whiny fanboy about it. I didn't like the OT very much. It was alright. Good foundation. The prequels were great (IMO), and definitely won on the worldbuilding front (gave us the best of the EU and the video games). TFA wasn't great, but it was a good start for more and better worldbuilding, and its respective books definitely lived up to that idea. So I don't think I'm suffering from the anti-prequel disease that traditionalists have.

I really want them to start winning again. I love Star Wars. I'd consume new content about it every year if I could, assuming the new content is good. Seeing it suddenly fail in everything it tries to do isn't fun.

Top Bottom