Alpha Version Testing Thread

BUG: Non-responding
Rev 348. New turn; I tried to open one of my cities (Chonju) and the game stopped responding (no response/map scrolling/etc.). No crash either.

This is repeatable. Open the game, go to Chonju (North-West most city), and try to open the city.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1480.CivBeyondSwordSave
    786.5 KB · Views: 42
That's been a feature for ages. It shows the list of gold buildings you can build, and the effect they will have.

Missed this. Thanks for the clarification! I've been exploring alternative strategies while testing 1.75, so I'm paying attention to things I might otherwise gloss over :D

How do I download the alpha? Just started playing my first game of ROM/AND and its its wicked cool

Rev 355 major enough change from 349 to drop a current game?

Just one question:
BuildingUpgradeChains uses ForceOverwrite tag, so shouldn't changes like happiness from library/monastery with Creative (trait changes) be put in BUC files?

He didn't use overwrites on Monasteries, in fact. Library - not sure.

I thought Trade Caravans were supposed to be dual function units: boost building production and trade missions? That's it? Because when my capital city (colonizing units pumping city) pumped out Trade Caravans for boosting a new city, they got some promotions because my capital got a chance to construct Meeting Hall for Espionage points. It also happens to give some experiences. So...

I see the bug - Zappara gave the trade caravan a unitcombat. I'll fix it.

Got the error message and many times after this too. It is circled by me in the picture :).

PythonErr.log don't show anything so I'm forced to give savegame.

Installation details:
Revision 158 (with replacement of UnitNaming.xml from Revision 359), Formations selected in the Installation process, no other choices installed. Plus, finally download this and add it to Modules.

Now check out how gold change between turns. It seem that when Gold hit 0 or close to it, the calculation go to hell :(.

PythonErr.log don't show anything so I'm forced to give savegame.

Installation details:
Revision 158 (with replacement of UnitNaming.xml from Revision 359), Formations selected in the Installation process, no other choices installed. Plus, finally download this and add it to Modules.

Now check out how gold change between turns. It seem that when Gold hit 0 or close to it, the calculation go to hell :(.

Still happening... So adding Logs folder, hoping it help you too. Not only between turns. Also happen during one turn, the Gold get twisted up.

Talking about gold... Different type of subject area...

Opinion:
I think it is deeply ridiculous to have maintenance costs for buildings that generate gold. It negates the building's purpose. This is a game after all. No need to go that far with realism with this type of building. This include only a building that generate gold as actually givng :gold:, not necessarily any other buildings that may generate gold from commerce or trade routes.

I agree - I thought I removed them all. Which buildings specifically?

Top Bottom