An archive of the legendary games

Mirc said:
I'm afraid that anything we propose won't have any effect. This hasn't been updated since August. :( If we get an update here, a lot of the list will change.

That is because none of the games being proposed really meet the same criteria as the initial list Tomoyo put together.

I have to agree with bed_head (although I personally think that Sima's games should go in the legendary stories archive), the games are decent but compare them to the games already in the archive. I've read them all and if I ever play a game that even comes close to them I'll be a very happy man. The hardest game I've seen here in my time has been Sima02, and compare that to the games in the archive and even it doesn't really stand up.

The stuff here now (although very good) is a far cry from the halcyon days of civ 3 when this archive's games were played.

I also think that succession games are more likely to be legendary than solo games, for several reasons:

1) They tend to have more detail and take longer, so there is more drama.
2) More room for screwups and then recoveries.
3) More chat in between turns and strategy discussion.
4) I think the challenge's in SG's are harder (mapsize, terrain, opponents)

Another reason why SGs are more often legendary is because solo games are usually quit when they reach rock bottom, while SGs keep going until they're buried under the rock.

Maybe we should put Vegetarian Vengeance, OMTT, and Vanguard on this list. Why are they legendary? IMO, they have the record for "least updates and most spam."

1. OMTT is not a game. You'd know that if you read the thread before posting in it.

2. You are actually the author of most of the spam in those threads. Please, stop.

3. Now, you're spamming this thread too. Please, stop. If you read any of the above mentioned threads, as well as this one (I know you didn't), you would know a reason why they're not here.

choxorn said:
Maybe we should put Vegetarian Vengeance, OMTT, and Vanguard on this list. Why are they legendary? IMO, they have the record for "least updates and most spam."

Moderator Action: By contrast, those threads should be reported, and a mod will clean out the spam. Spam isn't to be glorified.

Pentium said:
1. OMTT is not a game. You'd know that if you read the thread before posting in it.

2. You are actually the author of most of the spam in those threads. Please, stop.

3. Now, you're spamming this thread too. Please, stop. If you read any of the above mentioned threads, as well as this one (I know you didn't), you would know a reason why they're not here.

@Chieftess: I was mostly kidding. Like the others in those threads, I hate that the authors take weeks to post updates :mad:
@Pentium:
1. No, I only am the "public spam author" in Vegetarian Vengeance- and I'm not the only one.
2. True, OMTT is not a game, but it has as much spam as the other threads. I did read it.
3. One post does not make a spammed thread. And it's not that spammy.

Azash said:
I propose CptButtkick's The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth, simply because it's a fresh idea :)
Thread now chaptered and indexed in first post.

I propose Quintillus' Conquest of the World story. It's really funny, read by many, and it has the unofficial award for "most first posts and 'welcome to CFC's' in the thread"- beating even Coinich's story! I'm sure other people could think of more things to say its greatness.

I'd like to nominate Silence is Golden (Goz8)as a legendary game. I just finished reading it and the tenacity of the team to play on through resource scarcity and obsolete units and techs is unbelievable. Definitely worthy of a legendary game.:goodjob:

Yeah, this list hasn't been updated in a while. I could nominate several games that could replace some games on the list that IMO aren't that impressive (I won't name any names, of course). Goz8 would definitely be one of them. Handy's AWD on standard pangaea would get my pick because the wide front that they had to deal with just added to the difficulty of an already extremely hard variant/difficulty level/map combination. I'd also nominate one of Larkin's, ignas' and rat's Sid games (either pangaea or the average start one). Although there might not have been any dramatic comeback in those games like there was in Goz8, they brought a champion's game from start to finish, and that's what you need to beat Sid with max opponents on a non-archipelago map. Just about every one of the AW games on humongous maps with 30 opponents deserves recognition, but to single out one, I think that the DG game was particularly impressive. Rat's solo games (AW and silent) were pretty good too, but the only problem is that he made them look too easy.

Of course, I don't think this will ever get updated...

And also, for the stories section, there's World War I in 2051 AD and Conquest of the World, and plenty more stories that should be there. This isn't getting updated.

That could be because CIV 3 stories are slowly dieing out...

I only found this thread recently and am now reading through the classic succession games (currently on RBE2). The problem with the earlier games is the maps and saves are no longer available, at least I can't find them. Any solution to this?

Hey,

I only found this thread recently and am now reading through the classic succession games (currently on RBE2). The problem with the earlier games is the maps and saves are no longer available, at least I can't find them. Any solution to this?

Sorry someone should have answered you already.
No there isn't much you can do. Photos & maps that
were linked to many of the stories have been canceled.
They are gone. Again no for the saves unless a Fan
of the story may still have it. Some may have been
attached with a download from this site. Those
should still be here.

Basically there is nothing you can do, except maybe, ask
in the General Discussions thread. A Fan or Lurker may have
any or all of what your looking for. Good luck.

Blaze Injun

The site was hacked awhile back and many files were lost. Then some players have posted many files and have to delete older ones to stay inside the sites limit. I know I have to from time to time.

Top Bottom