An idea for a Wonder...

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
I know this is not going in the game, I am just doing this because I like the idea. If any modder likes it, they are welcome to use it, and I would gladly write a Encyclopedia entry for it...

Somnium Stadion
+10 :culture:, +2 :), +4 :gold:
-Halves the turn wait between Somnium challenges available.
-Every tenth turn, a card is picked at random. The effects are as follows:
RELIGION CARD (7 of the suits represent religions): +X :gold:/turn for the next turns if following the appropriate religion. X is the value of the card.
ALIGNMENT CARD (Angels, Dragons, Demons = Good, Neutral, Evil): +X :) for the next turns if the proper alignment. X is the value of the card.
FOOL: +1 :), +10 Crime Rate for the next turns.
DEATH: -1 Population in the city.

There could also be a series of event connected to owning the thing...
I was imagining that it would averagely expensive in hammers, unlocked by Carnivals or perhaps Currency. Double production speed with Marble, most likely, although Gold could be an option aswell...

Tell me what you think :)

Wilanów Palace

+1 :)
+100% of getting invaded by Germany.
-50% Defense efficiency.

I really like that idea. If you could write the Civilopedia entry, I'm sure sombody would add it.

I would in Fallen Ages, but I have no idea how at the moment.

x

(Not your Idea, Godwynn. Germany doesn't even exist in Erebus lol)

I really like that idea. If you could write the Civilopedia entry, I'm sure sombody would add it.

I would in Fallen Ages, but I have no idea how at the moment.

x

(Not your Idea, Godwynn. Germany doesn't even exist in Erebus lol)

Yes, they do. They're just called the Sheaim, and not quite as crazy. :p

EDIT: Regarding the original idea, I feel like I've seen it somewhere before. I'm feeling too lazy to dig around for it, though.

I like it. It all looks easy to do except for the somnium turn modifier. That could be messy and would probably go in the somnium screen.

Spoiler Texts :

Spoiler Angels Draw :
Event: A particularly skilled painter has designed a marvelleous version of the X of Angels for the Somnium Stadion.
Reply 1 (req. Good): Surely, our people will delight in his beautiful and true work! (+X ahppy until next card draw)
Reply 2: New art is always appreciated (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (Req. Agnostic): Such talent should not be wasted on the idolization of Angels! Fund the artist a study that he may choose his motives of his own volition. (1 free artist in city)

Spoiler Dragons Draw :
Event: A beautiful new version of the X of Dragons has been designed for the Somnium Stadion!
Reply 1 (req. Neutral): That's good news! Have the card replace the old version. (+X happy until next draw)
Reply 2: Fine, fine. (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (Kuriotates only, pay medium :gold:): Have the responsible artist design a full-size painting instead, for the people will enjoy his skillful rendition of the sacred Dragons! (+1 :) permanent)

Spoiler Demons Draw :
Event: In the Somnium Stadion, an artist has created an almost lifelike rendition of a demon on a version of one of the cards, the X of demons
Reply 1 (req. Evil): A stunning piece of art! Our people will absolutely enjoy playing with the new card! (+X happy until next draw)
Reply 2: That's good, I guess. Art for art's sake, after all. (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (req. Sheaim, Ashen Veil in the city): To depict a demon this vividly, he must have knowledge of them. Have him adopted in the rites of the Veil. (gain one Savant, the unit is promoted to Potency, Sundered).

Spoiler Suns Draw :
Event: A new image for the X of Suns card has been designed for our Somnium Stadion decks.
Reply 1 (Req. Empyrean): A glorious choice of motiff! This will incraese the amount of people buying Somnium decks in the near future! (+X :gold:/turn until next draw)
Reply 2: Enlightened artists are always appreciated. (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (Req. Malakim, Empyrean in the city, -1 population): This will peak the interest towards the Empyrean, even among the older boys - perhaps we can gain some extra recruits from this? (gain one Radiant Guard, the unit is promoted to Strong)

Spoiler Moons Draw :
Event: A local artist has made a better illustration for the X of Moons card in our Somnium Stadion decks.
Reply 1 (Req. Council of Esus): Make sure the artist gets a considerable raise. And make sure he aknowledges who got him the raise. (+X :gold:/turn until next draw)
Reply 2: It will be a welcome addition (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (Req. Svartalfar, pay much :gold:): Very good, but his crafty hands are needed otherwhere (Gain one Assassin).

Spoiler Cups Draw :
Event: After a sudden inspiration, an aspiring new artist has created a breathtaking illustration for the X of Cups.
Reply 1 (Req. Octupus Overlords): Marvelleous! Have him recieve a small amount of the profits from the increased card sales as a reward. (+X :gold:/turn until next draw)
Reply 2: Why are you bothing me with this? Have you been drinking again? (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost)
Reply 3 (Req. Lanun and an Inn in the city): Good lad! Let's throw a small grog fest in his honor! (1 turn of Golden Age)

Spoiler Tower Draw :
Event: A magnificent new rendition of the X of towers has begun circulating the Somnium Stadion.
Reply 1 (Req. Runes of Kilmorph): Have the card incoorperated in the standard decks. And don't forget to charge extra for them. (+X :gold:/turn until next draw)
Reply 2: That's nice. (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost)
Reply 3 (Req. Amurites, Knowledge of the Ether): Track down the artist and have him enlisted as a tower Architect (+1 free Engineer in the city)

Spoiler Swords Draw :
Event: An especially decorated X of Swords card has been designed for the Somnium Stadion.
Reply 1 (Req. Order): Inspiring - and good for Somnium deck sales (+X :gold:/turn until next draw).
Reply 2: Congratulate the painter on the crafty work. (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost)
reply 3 (Req. Bannor, Crusade Civic): Swords are instruments of war, not decorations. Teach the artists that, the hard way. (Gain a Demagogue, +1 :mad: in the city)

Spoiler Pentacles Draw :
Event: A beautiful new version of the X of Pentacles has recently been designed for our Somnium Stadion decks.
Reply 1 (Req. Ashen Veil): A pentacle, you say? The people of the city might find renewed entertainment in the Somnium game if we added it to the standard deck (+X :gold:/turn until next draw).
Reply 2: Excellent! (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost)
Reply 3 (Req. Infernal civ in the game, Evil alignment): Even the mark of Agares can instill beauty and awe in the minds of some. Officially declaim the card a national piece of art, perhaps this will better the relation with Hyborem (+2 relation with Infernals, spread Ashen Veil to the city if not already present).

Spoiler Wands Draw :
Event: An artist in <cityname> has created a new illustration for the X of Wands.
Reply 1 (Req. Fellowship of Leaves): It is good to see that natuure still inspires our creative souls. Have the card be sold in the Stadion (+X :gold:/turn until next draw=.
Reply 2: That's great. Now, I have a nation to rule... (+10 :culture: in the city, one-time boost).
Reply 3 (Req. Arcane Trait, Mage Guild in the city): Have the artist work with wand design. (Free Empower I promotion for Adepts in the city)

Spoiler Fool Draw :
Event: A controversial artist has designed a The Fool card for our Somnium Stadion. He has been urging people to enjoy life more instead of always working.
Reply 1: Perhaps he is right. Use the new card in future Somnium decks. (+1 :) in the city permanently, +3% Inflation)
Reply 2: Do not use the new card, it would look like we supported his political views.
Reply 3 (Req. Balseraph, pay small :gold:): Enjoy life MORE? We'll give him enjoyment! Throw a giant party in the entire city and suspend all laws temporarily! The streets will flow with wine and happy people! (+3 :) temporarily, +250 :culture:, +10 Crime Rate in the city)

Spoiler Death Draw :
Event: Among the poorest inhabitants of <cityname>, an artist has created a shockingly realistic illustration for the Somnium Death card.
Reply 1: That's fine, but we don't have the gold to help the poor (+20 Crime Rate, +3 :mad: temporarily.
Reply 2 (pay medium :gold:): Make sure that the poor are taken care of properly (+1 :) permanently).
Reply 3 (req. Evil): Make sure that the poor are taken of - Properly! (-1 Population in the city)
Reply 4 (Req. Calabim): The artist has sealed his own fate (+1 :food: in the city).

Top Bottom