An odd reason for declaring war

As soon as I get tanks I'm going after the English. (About 20 more turns.) I'm sick of her complaining about interupting or making her late for her milk baths. So I'll give her a bath, a blood bath. lol.

going to war over irragtion is one of the coolest things I've heard in a long time. Heck, they say control of water is one of the reasons for invading Iraq...

I once declared war because another civ was irrigating through my lands, and they had loads of workers in it. With all the workers I captured, plus settlers they kept sending at me (they kept sending settlers gaurded by spearmen to the front lines, only to be taken by my midieval infantry), I made quite a proffit. I guess this war was about slave trade.

I once declared war because my expansive territory, about 1/5 -- 1/4 of a pangea continent on a huge was costing me a rather large fortune to maintain with workers. To my north the Russians had a moderately sized empire with size 10-12 cities. I reckoned that I would be able to pull some 60-90 slave workers from Russia razing cities as I went along.

I occupied the territories with new settlers and defensive units as I went along. The Babylonians and Persian's needn't gain lands which Russia could use. In the end we also gained a few spots of oil as well. ;)

I usually declare war when I get some new fancy weapons. If not already in war. For example when I get tanks it is great opportunity to wipe some civ from the face of the earth.
But Vikings were bizzar in my current game. They came from overseas and captured a city witch I was left mistakenly unprotected. They saw the opportynity.

It just pomp up my head. I have been performing ethnic clennse.
I'm korean. In my continent there were also China, Japan, India, Mongols, Russians, Zulus, America and Aztecs.
During the middleages I have destroyed russians and zulus. And attaced against americans.
I have not have any problem with others asian civs exept indians. But that was just becouse my MPP with japans.
Indians are now dead, still miss them.:(

I declared war once because I wanted to use nukes. So I declared war on Japan and signed alliances with everyone, and when I dropped a nuke the nuke war went off. Four instantly came hurling at me; two were zapped, but two hit. I'm sure the AI also let loose too - and for the price of a little fun, I pay dearly: the sun has turned red. Global Warming alert!

lol! In my game it is going on 2050 and i just got tanks! It was a slow game with a scuky start for all for us. I still onyl got 3 cities and haventbeen able to get off my island. The ai devoloped their isalands and i cant go to war with them so i will have to sue nukes.

Wehn i do it will be all out! DIE BIATCHS!

The oddest war i ever did was because they gave me lip. If there is ONE thing you NEVER do is give lip to a commy dictator on the verge of gettign nukes! So egypt is dead and the Carthage Babs Inda and Korea are mad at me. I am waiting for Ghandi to delcare war but i think ti is hardcoded so he wontn do that.

Please forgive SPL errors as i am tired and my hand keeps slipping.

I once declared war on the bloody chinnease as they kept sending boats through a small channel of water which belonged to me, it was really annoying me. however they had loads of tanks and rushed through my cultureally superior cities.

I once declared war on the Chinese because they were furious with me. I mean c'mon. We had been at war. I took four of his biggest cities (over 20 each) and magnanimously offered him peace rather than extinction, and he's furious with me? Get over it, Mao. Let's see if this changes your attitude toward me....

About the water thingy. I'm suprised that Civ3 didn't offer some method of a real aqueduct to get the water over the mountains. It would have been cool to use workers to built this improvement. And if the enemy were to disable it, all of the disconnected cities would lose one citizen per turn until they got down to their max without water, or until the aqueduct was rebuilt.

Imagine the possibilities of using water as this type of resource! We'd have to protect the aqueducts, and build several of them so the people wouldn't die. The AI would go after these just like they go after the iron deposits now.

I've launched a war simple to stop annoying repetative settler incursions into my land.

I've gone to war on the Russians just because they made me "speak" to Catherine the Ugly. Couldn't stand looking at her face anymore.

Eany meany miny moe.....

I don't need a reason to declare war I just need someone to declare war on & a "side kick" to attract the enemy to a different front.

In a recent game, I declared war because the <insert civ name here> smell funny. :hmm:

Also in the same game, just declared war because I have a larger military, and plan to use it :king: :soldier: .

Once I declared war on France because one of my citys culture flipped to them. When I play as Rome next game, I'm gonna declare war on whatever Civs close by just so I can use my Legionarys. Oh and so I can conquer the world.

playing as the ottomans right now, plan on eliminating the babalonians from my island so I can have it all to myself and because I am certain they are poaching ivory from all those elephants they have. Gotta be good to animals, or else knights will overall you all! MUHAHAHA! WORLD DOMINATION WILL SOON BE MINE FOOLS! BOW YO MY POWER AND MIGHTY MIGHTYNESS!medication.... must take my medication again...

Tiny map, played against the Koreans, the Indians and the Mongols. I was Viking.

I got an awful start, and I got about 20% of the pangaea map, while the Mongols had about 40% and controlled all the oil except one Indian, all the rubber and all the coal except one Korean. He also had three luxuries, while I had one...

So I was stuck with no rubber and no oil, and in the middle of the industrial ages. So I found out I could declare war against the mongols.. But they had a 3x military as me, so I started pouring out cheap guerillas. About 90 guerillas later, the Koreans :confused: (weakest military force) declared war against the Mongols, and I had a MPP with the Koreans and the Indians... Soo, I got forced into a war I actually wanted. ;)

But, it is a real pain to win with guerillas and a few artillery against 6+ Infantry in metropolies... I took one city with rubber, and one with saltpeter (not need). But I still need the oil, and for that I need to bring down a metropolis on a hill with several Infantry in it.. :mad:

Why don't you declare war on the Indians and then the Koreans? The Koreans would be easy because they have the weakest army.

DAKjungF

Instead of cranking out guerillas, get MASSIVE amounts of artillery

Top Bottom