An odd reason for declaring war

I declared war on the mongols because they where in the middle of me and the Iroquois. It just suited this way.

I got a Korea and China to Join Me against the Iroquois and I used the cities I got from smashing the mongols to Build settlers.
I used the settlers to put around the Iroquois cities that the Chineese and Koreans took.
This gave me around 8 new cities when Korea and china got 2 each all suronded by my new cities thats making temples fast.

I don't know why, but for some reason in every single game I play, I end up destroying the French just for the fun of it.:lol:

Heh I think I can beat you all. Once I declaired war on my allie China because their mood changed from Gracious to Polite and I just couldn't figure out why.

I declared war on the americans because I had a bad encounter with them in a previous game. Another time I declared war on the Aztec simply for the fun of watching their riflemen squirm under my tanks. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of thease are classics!

Whenever I play as Arabia I like to take out Spain. I think of it as revenge for those damn spanish taking the Iberian pennisula away from the Muslums in Real History.

Also if I'm Iroquis I like to take out America for similar reasons.

you know what i really like. i like it when i destroy the enemy from the first war i declare. that is why i have been playing monarch for some time. cause i can have war as long as a want. well i that's how i destroyed the zulu, complitely anihilated them. all that is left is slaves. right now i have razed nearly 1/3 of persia, which is the second larges after me. well i still have some 20 cities to destroy but that would be fun too:) those *****es should have known better to declare war simply cause i was taking their territory with ustoppable culture:) well they are gonna pay:) the only thing that has spared the other civs is that they are on a continent that would currently take me more than 10 turns to reach. but i would soon have air ports:))

I declared war last night because the Chinese wouldn't give me Aluminum. It was stupid on their part. They didn't have rubber or oil, which I had. I was able to trade for twenty turns with someone else for aluminum and rebuilt my army during that time. Unfortunately for the Chinese, though, they never got the oil or rubber for their own MA. I knew it wouldn't be a long war because we were both in democracy and they were pretty far away, so I set my objectives modestly. I went after their smaller continent which, oddly enough, had an aluminum deposit. Their most significant military action was to send two carriers at me protected by one battleship each. Easy pickings for my bombers. Now I have aluminum, and all others - especially the Iroquois and Zulus who wanted to charge me 300 GP per turn plus 2000 GP for the metal - must fear me.

I always declare war on the Germans early cause they're a pest later in the game

This is Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, the Chinese Information minister. Zeeter was completely incorrect in his previous statement. The Romans are nowhere near china. They lay dead on the beaches of Rome as embarrassments to their children and their children's children. You can see what is obvious that the Romans are not in China. God willing, we still hold the vast aluminum deposits near New Beiging. The Romans were slaughtered in the city - if they were there at all, which they were not.

One day i needed a mine to make settler come with the +1 citizen of a milk city near the capital. A roman settler was near, with a spearman... I declare war and build the mine just in time :D

Once, the Iroquois attacked me early for no reason (after making some sort of outrageous demand). For some reason, I get really peeved when civs do this and I tend not to forgive them. I won a couple cities in a short war, and gradually relations improved. By 1900, the Iroquois were gracious toward me, and I managed to get a couple techs for gold per turn. Little did they know I was still nursing a 4000 year old grudge...I negotiated RoP, surrounded their cities, and wiped them out in a few short turns. And was it worth the precipitous dive in reputation? Absolutely. ;)

I declared war once just to watch the A.Is fight in WW3, I just sent some ICBMs in to kill stacks in my terrotraiy? dunno/

Hi everybody....

In my current game I'm about to declare war on Temujin and his Mongol horde because last game he got everyone on the continent into a war against me. But this game I have tanks and he doesn't.:slay:

BigD

I once declared war on the Egyptians because barbarians were passing through their territory to get to me and harrassing my cities, and the Egyptians were doing nothing about them. I thought of it as "harbouring terrorists"

I was playing the Americans and had no oil. Guess who the nearest civ was who had it? THE ARABS!! Sounds too close to real life for me!! ...went to war and took it from them. Right out of the Bush-Cheny playbook. :)

I try to have a peaceful world so I tend to never wage war in the beginning. For some reason the AI then also never declares wars (or fewer wars at least). When I am strong enough I find a civ far away and gather allies close to that civ and declare war on them. If you have enough Allies and there are several MPP's in play the world is soon in total war, but my reputation still is fairly good. This way I am the only one really ready for war, I am not in danger of loosing cities, my rep is ok and I can safely pick out the civ's which declared war on me because of MPP's.

I like to kick Khan's teeth in just because they're ugly. His dentist should be ashamed.

An odd reason for declaring war? Hmmm, that would probably be the last time I played the Aztecs. I was at war with EVERYBODY within 15 minutes of starting the game. All I did was build my one city and then pump out Jaguar Warriors. I didn't actually attack any cities, I just stole everyone's workers and murdered their scouts. Funny how far ahead I got in road building and techs...

Originally posted by superslug
I like to kick Khan's teeth in just because they're ugly. His dentist should be ashamed.

An odd reason for declaring war? Hmmm, that would probably be the last time I played the Aztecs. I was at war with EVERYBODY within 15 minutes of starting the game. All I did was build my one city and then pump out Jaguar Warriors. I didn't actually attack any cities, I just stole everyone's workers and murdered their scouts. Funny how far ahead I got in road building and techs...

hey, thats quite an original idea, I've not read that before. I'll need to try it tonight

Top Bottom