1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

An odd reason for declaring war

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by EQandcivfanatic, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Beanzy

Beanzy Chieftain

At the beginning of virtually every game, as my warriors are cruising around, making contact and adding to my maps, I always end up declaring war on every nation around me. But it's never my fault! They were the ones who left those workers just lying around, I figured that I needed them more then they did, so I capture a few and everyone gets so worked up about it! I'm the victim here! It's just not fair...

2. general_kill

general_kill Chieftain

-Attack for a great wonder
    -Attack to sue for peace getting techs in the process
    -Attack to simply start a war early enough and getting as many civ involved as possible and then leaving the war so the civ wont advance as fast as i do.
    -Attack because the dumb spanish insulted my gallery in their border as an American hobo

3. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Attacking for a great wonder isn't so odd, experienced players do that. They let a neighbor build a wonder like the Pyramids and then declare war, capture it. They'll pop some Great Leaders and rush other wonders, heh.

4. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I usually raze cities with wonders in them to minimize unemployment among my archaelogists. It's good for the economy.

5. TerraHero

TerraHero Terranigma Guru

LOL yeah...ow i remember (probably of topic by now) i declared war on someone cause he had more money then i did :D

6. cwood

cwood Chieftain

i declare war for many things. land boredom to much aqrmy to support so i go and take and land at the same time losing soldiers to help my income. i am always the farest civ in intel. so i can kill people with tanks. i try now not to kill everyone at the beginning like i used to. but now i attack if i have. the reason i want to nuke the world. hehehehehehehe oh sorry i went off again.