An Official Update... (April 07)

Yeesh, lots of defensive hostility here. The AI is inferior because it doesn't know when to end wars, when to declare them, and how to defend against them. That's an opinion about an AI, not a personal attack on anyone. Nor does it say that all of Blake's improvements - eg city placement, governor management, production management, etc are inferior. Why can't we discuss the AI and keep it mature.

Actually being mature also means accepting that other people have different opinions than yours ;)

I played many Warlord games on monarch and emperor with the stock 2.08 AI and with BetterAI. MY opinion is BetterAI plays better even for wars. It makes much bigger stacks than stock AI and uses them better (less divided between stacks...), which is a key for success. It knows about cultural victory too, which is very nice. I don't see any real difference in the way they declare war though, unlike you. It depends on the version, we can't really talk about 'BetterAI' with the version number, there are many very different 'BetterAI'.

But if you give me money I'll say I agree with you, since it looks important for you (and because I need money). :lol:

No, I don't want you to agree, I was asking for you to not be a douche bag about a comment I made about an AI mod.

I don't see any real difference in the way they declare war though, unlike you. It depends on the version, we can't really talk about 'BetterAI' with the version number, there are many very different 'BetterAI'.

What version are you using? Do you use aggressive AI?

This guy remembers me of a nice quote :

"Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference." - Mark Twain

:lol:

Clever. You insist on being hostile..I guess you people like BetterAI so you don't want to hear any criticism of it. Sort of a waste of time to quote Mark Twain and call people stupid over their valid questions/complaints about betterAI, though. if you don't want to talk about betterAi, why are you on this forum

Guys, could you both please stop this flaming? Thanks! :) If you love each other so much, send private messages. ;)

You both realise you're arguing over the integrity of a mod that is in the alpha stage!

Also - why has blake stopped posting without informing people what he's doing? That's kind of obnoxious. Who's heard of a NDA that prohibits a modder from saying they are employed by a company? Makes no sense. Firaxis outright says they are using the fan community in BtS with scenarios, why not say it with AI if it's true?

This is a mod by a private individual (or two) not by Firaxis.

He/they can stop whenever they want to, it is their hobby, not a job. Therefore they do not have to tell anybody what they are doing - if they so choose.

You are the one being obnoxious - grow up. :mad:

er, people without jobs can still be obnoxious. they might not HAVE to do anything, but they can certainly still be rude.

Incidentally, you're an ass.

But i dont have to apologize, since i'm an unemployed student, right? :rolleyes:

Blake just bailed ..lame.

Where is a moderator when you need one. This was a very interesting thread until wiglaff came along and ruined it. wiglaff's quotes for the record:

Blake just bailed ..lame.

Incidentally, you're an ass.

Clever. You insist on being hostile..

No, I don't want you to agree, I was asking for you to not be a douche bag about a comment I made about an AI mod.

Yeesh, lots of defensive hostility here.

Why are you being so hostile? I think my complaints are reasonable, and MANY others have them, as I've seen on these betterAI boards.

If you aren't capable of having a civil discussion quit posting.

You might notice all of those comments are in response to you people being hostile over criticism of an AI mod. In fact, some of those comments were direct responses to being laughed at, being called "stupid," or being told to "grow up" or being called a "fool" by some genius quoting mark twain.

My questions about the mod from my earlier post remain...[regarading better AI war effectiveness in 1.61] before I was just laughed off rudely.

In addition, there is NO reason for Blake to stop posting, that's pretty clear, no NDA would prohibit him from saying he's involved in the project...no reason to. Firaxis already admits fan involvement in BTS.

In addition, there is NO reason for Blake to stop posting, that's pretty clear, no NDA would prohibit him from saying he's involved in the project...no reason to. Firaxis already admits fan involvement in BTS.

I agree that Blake should just have come by and said "I have enough on my hands right now ;)" - but if you look at the comments by Rhye in his mod's forum he seems to be involved in BTS but is extremely cautious in not stating this, so I am pretty sure that some agreement with Firaxis either prevents him from outright saying he works for them or as Griselda put it over at Realms Beyond:
Well, for the core game I had to sign a NDA, and I will say that it's very non-specific, with a lot of gray area about what you actually can and cannot do. In most cases, people would probably rather err on the side of caution, so not a lot of information gets out.

Maybe Blake doesn't want to be spammed by people saying: "you should do thsi...", "wouldn't it be great if this was done...", ect...

Hmm...i guess it is possible there's an NDA...it just seems odd for 2 reasons

1- firaxis already says fan-made stuff is in BTS
2 - firaxis has hired apolyton members like Trip and had that beta test of cfc/apolyton members in the past, with no NDA ...

Besides, theres just no way an NDA prohibits you from saying who employs you, unless maybe you work for the CIA...

I am using most of BetterAI in the code for Smarter Orcs (a FfH II mod).

I don't think I'll have time to work on this mod directly, but I'd be happy to back-port the pieces we create for Smarter Orcs that would likely be useful to this mod if that would be of assistance.

Top Bottom