AND Mega Pack

yes, I know. I was just telling when you can expect (more or less) a success report

edit @Zeta Nexus
worked, thank you for your effort
maybe put the fix on the frontpage .. of this topic, so people, who installed 1.85 prior to the right version have this fix

And someone should fix the link in the AND-launcher, so it leads to your post.
Eh...
I'm trying to be polite, just a suggestion

Again I'm very thankful for your time spent on this matter

Last edited:
Same problem and at least for me the answer is yes
If you did everything according the instructions I can only think of a bad install.
Did you instal Rom-And to your BtS folder or to MyGames folder?

Hi where do I instal and do I need anything more? I play A new dawn and i try to instal more civs but I fail

Last edited:
Game froze because of a Viking catapult file, latest SVN + this pack and more music. I'm in the midst of a very interesting game and I'd love to continue it.
If it matters, it was Harald Hardrara as Vikings.

Guys, I used to play ROM AND2 with everything. MegaCiv pack, cronicles and moremusic.
Now I came back after a few months and after 1 hour I still feel quite lost with all the versions, updates and patches :/
Need some light here please!
and2_checker didnt solved my problem :(

Game froze because of a Viking catapult file, latest SVN + this pack and more music. I'm in the midst of a very interesting game and I'd love to continue it.
If it matters, it was Harald Hardrara as Vikings.
Viking catapult file? What do you mean? Can you post a savegame?

Guys, I used to play ROM AND2 with everything. MegaCiv pack, cronicles and moremusic.
In my signature you find the links to the most recent versions of all 3 modules. You NEED the patches too. Install them after installing the module.

I got the similiar error message for danish maceman like catapults, which was reported a few pages back by some guy.
I fixed it via the same method. removing ! stuff, that makes it into a comment.
I uploaded the updated file for anyone who is too lazy or unable to do so for himself.

Attachments

• Denmark_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    27.4 KB · Views: 273
Installed the latest version version of AND the other day (it works fine) and I transferred the MegaCiv Pack from my old PC to the new one. I had 3.0 and most of the civ modules activated (not the leader heads). I manually changed the Polish file to fix the winged hussar, but I receive one xml error when starting the mod.

Art Info: 'Art_def_unit_Argentina_Caballo' was not found. 'ERROR' was not found.

And then the game crashes. Is this from the main game being updated, but not the civ pack? The error appears even after I remove the Late American folder from the game. Any ideas?

Edit: I managed to start the game with the Main, Mid Euro, and Asia civ modules but nearly every civ (and their data) display TXT_KEY values rather than correct names. But the Vandals, Anglo-Saxons, Burmese, Bulgarians, Bangladeshi, and Albanian pediatric entries are fine.

Last edited:
That means that you didn't copy everything. No wonder you didn't since the text files aren't installed into the Modules folder but to Xml/Texts.
The easiest way to solve your problem is a fresh install of the Mega pack. You don't need to find and delete previous files but still need to extract everything from the archive and the patch. For download see my signature.

Let me know if that solves all you problems or are there any others left.

Ah, that makes sense! I found the correct text files on my old pc and added them. I still receive the same Art info error, but when I remove the modern South America civ module folder, it goes away and the game starts fine. No more text errors either!

I did not download the patch yet either, but the game otherwise works alright so far. Thank you!

Hi-ho. I'm after getting a new PC and of course have installed A New Dawn again. XD
I downloaded the latest version along with the MCP. I extracted the patch to the AND2 folder however I was given the Cavalry error for the civs which the patch is intended to fix.
So I went into the Assets folder and manually replaced the original XML files with the patch's XML files, and the problem was solved, except for the Danish one here.
I suspect it's just a naming issue. The civilopedia says that Denmark's UU is the 'Guard Hussar', whereas this error describes it as just 'Guard'.

Tag: TECH_CAVALRY_TACTICS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\Custom_Civilizations_MCP\Denmark\Guard\Guard_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Edit: Have it worked out actually. It's because Cavalry Tactics isn't a tech anymore. Just replace it with Flintlock in the code and it's good to go.

Last edited:
Great megapack. Happy now that issue with rurales is fixed :) it scared the hell out of me when I saw them so early in the game. Out of curiosity, how did all the attributes get set up? I was kinda surprised by Mandela's peace weight.

Top Bottom