1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND Mega Pack

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by Zeta Nexus, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

What's the error message?
    Anyway, it is probably a ban install. You may want to try to reinstall the AND2 and the modules.

2. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

For some reason none of the custom music is playing for Canada

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Try running civ4_audio_xml_injector.exe in Assets\Modules folder.

4. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Prince

I'm using AND rev.1068 and I installed civpack from the launcher (modules > get modules). It says it's "Mega. Civ. Pack v1.8.5". I play with "assimilation" option turned ON and when I conquer someone I can build their UUs and UBs without waiting for proper tech. For example I captured Polish cities and can build winged hussars even though civilopedia still says I need flintlock for that and I'm still in ancient era. Same with any other new civ from civ pack I've conquered so far (Assyrians, Israel). What I did wrong and how can I fix it?

To be honest I can live with it (I just can wait or proper tech and then build these UUs and UBs) but I wonder about AI - what if someone conquered Polish cities instead and spam me with hussars?

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

You are using a greatly outdated version. I think that's causing your issues.

Do this:
    • Delete v1.8.5.
    • Download the latest version (see my signature)
    • Install it
    • Run and2_checker.exe and enable the modules you like. Civs are organized into regional/time groups (e.g there are Ancient European, Medieval European and Modern European groups.)

6. superschokokeks

superschokokeks Chieftain

WHAT HERESY IS THIS?
    As german I offended by thinking the mighty Holy roman empire of _german_ nations are like those pre-france-baguette-people!!

okay, not really, still wondering why did you do this change

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Because such a >civilization< as Holy Roman had never existed. Period.
    It was a title.
    In the game I'd rather like to see Holy Roman as a title that can be gained for further bonuses.

If you don't like this change jut turn off that module.

8. superschokokeks

Can't argue with facts.
    Well : | - No it's fine - I was joking. Sorry, if this didn't really come across
    edit: I was just curios

edit2: btw I have the same issue with civ related music don't play. I used the injector but nothing changed. I'm starting a new game right now, maybe it works then, but I think rather not

edit3: no, a new game didn't help

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  9. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Oh, it did. Sort of... :)
    ...and I was wondering what the "pre-france-baguette-people" would say about the Fritz? :lol:

Which civ? Which leader?

10. superschokokeks

All with costum music (I checked every civ I encountered in their folder). Another weird bug I have - I don't know if this related to the modmod, but I haven't had it since I installed this mod - is: AIs capitals don't grow over 1 population. Maybe it's a bug with Perfectworld2 - a map script I use rather rare - or a new bug with the rev 1069. Turn-calculation/loading is faster than usual, some Civs don't like improving their tiles much (but that is a common issue. happen sometimes, but I didn't see this with large nation before - most of the tiles aren't improve). Seems the AI is somehow crippled. Playing on a huge map, being in renaissance and having fast loading times.. is just .. odd. Useally I play on standart maps (until I read this game is balanced for large+ maps <.<), because of the long loading times (especially in transhuman-era x_X)

11. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Is the music okay with vanilla civs?
    Also: Does that happen with vanillas too?

12. superschokokeks

Music is fine as long vanilla music is used. means vanilla civs works as useally
    Unless you modified the Aztecs, yes happen with them too

13. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I'll be off for the weekend so I won't have to look after it in the next few days but will try it next week.

14. superschokokeks

I started a test game without MegaCivPack and this issue didn't happend. Seems it is really related to this modmod.
    Take your time. There's no hurry

edit1: okay, on my recent playthrough without MCP Korea and Mongolia cities stays at 1 other civ seems to work properly. I'm very confused right now. Maybe an issue with the newest Rev? Or maybe I didn't notice it before - only in MCP because all of the civ had this bug. Sigh, it's a bummer

Edit2: They improved their tiles, but their cities don't grow. At least the game tells me that. Maybe they did grow, but it just show "1". I'm very confused. I mean, they can mantain an army (and an army of workers) and I play it at prince. Even with boni they shouldn't be able to afford it

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  15. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I had a similar thing in my current written up game. I don't have the MCP installed at all, but upgraded to REV 1069

The Mayan's, capital , Mutal stayed at size 1, I just assumed it starved there. Montezuma, who was spun off as a rebel, with a size 3 capital, starved his 2 cities down to size 1, but others grew???

Other civs all seem to be growing, maybe just a coincidental occurrence.

*Edit

I had a look at the game;
    1. Greece is size 1
    2. Iroquois are size 1
    3.Khmer are size 1
    4.French are size 1.

I've come out of a dark age from volcano, over 200 yr's ago, so not that??
    NO MCP, STANDARD MOD. REV 1069

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  16. superschokokeks

Yeah I wanted to write the same. More and more Civs have low pop or/and 1 capitals - something went wrong really bad

17. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

@superschokokeks
    Okay! I have a strong guess about your music bug.
    Before installing MegaPack, did you had an earlier version of MCP installed?

Could you please upload your AudioDefines.xml and Audio2DScripts.xml here so I can see them? They are in assets/xml/audio folder.
    THX

18. superschokokeks

Matter of fact I did. it was 1.85 from github - AND-launcher leads you there, but it will produce error message if you want to start with this version. huh, I could mention using an earlier version, but I totally forgot about that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfdp6i4x0ys6sts/Audio.rar?dl=0

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  19. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Yes, I was right. Your bug is caused by the previous version of MCP. Since that already had those audiodefines with a different file route the game could not find.
    To fix it you can re-install the whole game and MegaPack.

...or just replace those two files with the ones I attached bellow and run civ4_audio_xml_injector.exe again :)

Let me know if it helped.

Attached Files:

20. superschokokeks

Oh, thank you very much. I'll test it, when AI doesn't cripple itself anymore x_X